Saturday 31 January 2015

January Favourites

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well!! We are not only saying good bye to January but hello to February this weekend and yes it has gone by quickly but as it has been a month of ups and downs for me personally.  I am very happy to be starting a fresh new month so soon. Due to everything that has happened I really don't have a lot of favourites this month as I have been sticking with what I know works, I haven't really had a chance to properly try all of the new items I have picked up, nor have I shopped my stash as much as I should have. So a few of this month I am including for a second time, the rest products I keep coming back to and don't think I have spoken about before!!




Bourjois Happy Light Foundation in the shade 52 Light Beige 

Usually I prefer a fuller coverage foundation that is mattifying and long lasting. So initially I did not really like this foundation and hence it didn't get much use. But in an effort to sort my foundation collection I pulled this back out at the end of last year. Happy Light is a light to medium coverage foundation that gives a dewy finish. But the main reason I am loving this one is how light it feels on the skin and given the heat we've been having in QLD its been so much nicer to wear that other foundations so it has fast become my go to. It is also extremely easy to apply and has such a smooth finish. Setting with powder straight away means I get more of a matte finish and longevity. So now I am really enjoying this one and will definitely keep it in the collection. 




Chi Chi Super BB Cream in the shade Medium 

I have spoken about this many times so you already know just how much I love this BB. The easy to apply medium coverage BB has been another go to in this hot weather particularly when a day out in the sun is on the cards. With 30 plus sunscreen factor included it means my makeup is done in one simple step. It wears well even with my combination skin. 





Ponds Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam 
I pulled this out at the end of last year after it  had been in the to be tried draw since some time last year when Priceline had 40% off skin care. While I wanted to put a full review into another edition of my no time to shine posts I really wanted to include it now as I hadn't truly realised just how much it had impressed!! During December I was house sitting for a friend despite the fact that I could have taken a few products (I always have multiple cleansers and scrubs on the go) from my shower, I chose instead to take my usual travel wet pack. It was the day I came home and picked up this tube that I realised just how much I missed this cleanser. The product itself is soft, creamy, its mixed with a small amount of exfoliating beads that massage the skin and it foams and cleans well. My skin feels so good afterwards and as an added bonus it definitely helps control my oily T zone!!! 




Dove Go Fresh Moisturising Body Wash in the scent Cucumber and Green tea
This has been another surprise this month. I originally bought two of these when they where on special at target I prefer the pomegranate citrus scent but picked this one up knowing I would want something different when I finished the bottle but also with the knowledge that the other half would use if I wasn't fussed!!! So while wasn't so excited to be opening from the first use I was pleasantly surprised by this. I don't usually really like cucumber scented products but this scent is really light, the shower gel itself is soft, foams well and you only need one pump for your whole body its a really great formula and I have been enjoying it.




NYX Dream Catcher Palette Golden Horizons
As I said in my recent purchases post I have been using this since just before Christmas and it fast became a favourite. So this month it was my first pick when I had to travel to Sydney. Its just such as easy palette to work with. The shadows themselves are soft, have good pigmentation and they blend well. The shimmers in the palette have a fine glitter in them so are not overly glittery and fallout is minimal, the mattes are pigmented easy to work with soft and not chalky. I really love either pairing the two light matte browns together on the lid and in the crease then using the dark matte brown as an eyeliner which makes a great work appropriate look. Or just one of the shimmer shadows all over the lid and eyeliner so I am ready and good to go in minutes!!! 





So that ends my favourites for January, I hope you enjoyed this post and that your January has gone well. Until my next post Happy Reading and Happy Shopping

Everlynne.









  

1 comment:

  1. The NYX palette looks really nice, I love the colors in it. I'd love to try out the Chi Chi BB cream. Great faves! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete