Friday 7 August 2015

Review: Real Techniques Sculpting Set

Hey Readers, I hope this post finds you well today I am doing something a little bit different today and reviewing a set of makeup brushes. I had been planning to do this as a collection post detailing all the brushes I own and what I use them for (comment below if you wish to see that) but as I have so many brushes from this brand now I thought it probably easier to break it down into groups. I also have been wanting to tell you about these for a while. As you probably already know Real Techniques is the brush line brought to us by beauty vloggers and make artists Nicole and Samantha Chapman. This line of brushes is amazing and while I haven't tried them all, the ones I have tried are quite impressive and ones that I have been quite impressed with recently is the Sculpting set!!

The Real techniques Sculpting set is made up of three brushes the sculpting brush, the fan brush and the setting brush. As a set they are said to allow you to accentuate your favourite features. Create defined contours or simply enhance natural bone structure. All these brushes are synthetic and can be used with both cream and powder products.



Sculpting Brush 
The description for this brush states that it has a wide angled head that is specifically designed to create defined contours. At first I wasn't sure about this brush as the head of the brush is quite wide and the bristles quite dense. In terms of a defined cheek contour I do find it is a bit wide for my small face in terms of contour on the forehead and around the jaw I do find it easy to blend out product over large areas. If I want a defined cheek bone I do have better luck using the angle tip for a more defined contour. As I said before cream, liquid and powder products this brush works well. And speaking of liquid products I also find this brush great for foundation I know it sounds odd but the bristles are soft and dense that I find it applies and blends foundation effortlessly all over the face its really quick and easy to use and it gives a flawless finish.





Fan Brush
Softly sweeps on powder and whisks away any excess makeup for an even finish. I was really excited to own this brush as I do not have another fan brush in my collection. It also lives up to its description allowing you to lightly highlight your cheeks, brow and cupids bow but also whisk any shadow fallout away. The bristles are quite soft so you really get the light hand effect when it comes to highlighter.  




Setting Brush 
The description for this brush is that it is key to completing any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlight. I have used this brush for both contour and highlight it also works really nicely for concealer and powder under the eyes. Again the bristles are soft and dense so its great for both cream and powder products it also flat and tapered which makes it great for placing product under the eyes and blending out contour down the nose really enjoy this brush.




So that ends this post I hope you enjoy reading it and if you enjoyed this one. If you want to see more real techniques brushes posts please let me know. I am hope to do more as I really enjoy using the brushes from this range. Until next time Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Everlynne. 

A few links to help you find this great set and more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment