Thursday 9 June 2016

My Favourite Makeup Brushes!!

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. A few months ago I was asked by a friend  to recommend some makeup brushes. Immediately I was creating a list in my head, then a couple of weeks later my Mum was asking about my makeup brushes and what were ones that where good. As she decided to take a small amount of makeup with her when she goes to a wedding overseas in July. This got me thinking I have a lot of brushes in my collection and I like/love every one of them but often for different reasons and often for different purposes to what they are named/designed for and there are also a lot that are OK and I make do with when others are in desperate need of a wash!! So I decided to narrow it down work out the brushes that I cannot live without. These I feel are good options for anyone whether your a novice at makeup or ready to go pro. 




Real Techniques Buffing Brush

This has been a go to for a long time I actually own two of them I use this brush so much. Firstly this brush is perfect for applying any type of liquid foundation, BB Cream or even a tinted moisturiser.  I love this for the fact that the bristles are dense enough to pick up product and give coverage when applying, but fluffy with a slight roundness to to the top that just makes it so easy to apply and buff product into the skin. It also doesn't matter what product you use the finish is flawless. It also seems to half the application time as it just allows you to buff and blend so easily. I also this brush for powder its fluffy and almost flat top combination also makes it great for setting your make up with powder or taking it for touch ups. 






Models Prefer Airbrush Foundation MPA101

I actually bought this as I wanted a blush brush and the shape of this one look like it suited. With the slight denseness of the bristles I felt it also would be good for cream contour and blush as well. The brush itself is dense but fluffly at the same time it also is rounded at the top but also slightly tapered making it flat on each side. I can now tell you that this one is a bit of an all rounder. For foundation it definetley allows easy application and gives even coverage. I also find it great to blend out concealer particularly as I find this brush it the perfect shape for under my eyes. Its also the perfect shape and density I find for for powder blush and is also great for cream products blending product out but still keeping it placed where you want.








Real Techniques Contour Brush
When I bought the buffing brush from real techniques this was apart of that collection and when I originally bought these brushes contouring wasn't my thing and after watching youtube videos showcasing this brush I soon came to learn that this brush was great for blending out concealer under the eyes or applying highlighter to the cheeks and I love it for a lot more than that. Primarily I find this brush best for cream products both concealer, cream contour and blush it just blends out cream product quickly and easily. But I also love this for powder particularly applying banana/yellow  powders under the eyes. The bristles are dense but quite fluffy making it soft on the skin but giving it the ability to do multiple jobs. I do also use this for contour and blush. 







Sigma F05 Small Contour Brush

This is my all time favourite brush for contour, bronzer and blush .I've never found another brush that gives me the same results as this. The shape of the brush just fits my cheeks perfectly. Primarily I use this for powder products, the bristles are dense with just a slight fluffiness that I find makes it perfect for picking up and applying product evenly to the face, blending it out almost as you apply giving an even airbrush finish with no patchiness in slight. 







Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
This is a great all round shadow brush that just works every time. This brush is a great all rounder applying both powder and cream shadow with ease. Its flat sides are perfect for all over lid shadow application and fluffly tip perfect for blending shadow out or applying shadow to the lower lash line. It also works both dry and wet.





Sigma E25 Blending Brush

I was first introduced to this brush after receiving a travel version in a beauty box and after reaching for it so many times I bought a full size version!! For me its the fluffiness of this brush that just makes it work so well and it allows you to blend out shadow easily and evenly and I am not that great at blending eyeshadow!! I have also used it a couple of times to blend out contour down the nose.






Manicare Angled Liner Brush
I learnt very early on when experimenting with makeup that I loved winged liner but it doesn't seem to matter how many times I practiced free hand I can never get it right. So one day I went looking for a liner brush however back then I was in uni so my budget for makeup brushes was non existent!! I was in target and from memory they had 30% manicare I was also looking for a nail file and could not believe my eyes when I saw a small selection of makeup brushes and they had an angled liner brush I think it was $4-5 affordable for me anyway so I picked it up I really haven't looked back since and I use this brush all the time so much so I actually own two now!! From shadow to gel liner this brush does it all the dense synthetic bristles means it picks product well and applies it evenly to the eyes the brush itself is quite tiny so I find it great for pushing shadow onto the lash line as well. In terms of winged liner I have never had a fail with this brush the size and angle give me a perfect wing every time. 





So that ends this post!! Hope you have enjoyed the read. Hopefully if your in the market for some new brushes this helps you find the perfect one!! Would love to know your thoughts if you have tried any of these or what your favourite brushes are?? Until next post Happy reading and Happy Shopping!!

Everlynne

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You understand, many persons are hunting around for this information, you could aid them greatly. skin bleaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

      Delete