Saturday 21 February 2015

Bellabox February and January Review

Hey Readers, 
Hoping that this weekend finds you well and if you live in Queensland you have fared the Tropical Cyclone and its aftermath well. My Bella Box for February has finally arrived with the delay this month due to the bonus magazine that has accompanied it. But before I get into what I received I will review January's box.


January Box


Laqa and Co Lip Lube 

I was really impressed by this product this month and overall have really enjoyed adding a pop of colour to my everyday look. Its easy to apply, has great pigmentation, is buildable and comfortable to wear on the lips while it isn't overally moisturising I also found it doesn't dry out your lips either. I also loved that while it includes peppermint oil the scent isn't overpowering nor leave your lips tingling. 

Bellabox Makeup Pouch

This probably has been the most used item from January's box this month.  I have so many smaller items that I use regularly use but that usually get lost in the bottom of my handbag 
and I am constantly rummaging to find so it has been nice to have them all contained and easy to find it also has been great to be able to grab it and simply transfer to a different bag when needed.

SkinnyMint 28 Ultimate TeaTox 
I have to say that this section of this post I have had some help with. I said in my original post I am not a tea drinker so wasn't sure if this would get tried. My fiance however is a tea drinker and after reading the pack was curious to try. So this section of my post is really a summary of his thoughts on this product. Overall he doesn't feel that they have helped him to lose weight or increase his energy levels however they have good flavour and don't require any additions such as sugar or milk.


Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

As you know I have received this product before and once again I have been impressed with this product. My hair is left so soft and smooth and moisturised, without being left unmanageable and definitely benefited from the extra conditioning. Will consider the full size.


Aveda Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel 

As I said I am over these samples so this went into the bag of products that I will give away to more appreciating home.

So onto February's Bella Box. As I said at the start of the post this months box was delayed due to the release of the magazines that they came accompanied with. This month BB collaborated with three of Australia's most popular womens magazines Cosmopolitan, Elle and Harper's Bazzar to create three different boxes inspired by each magazine.  While some subscribers were lucky enough to choose their box I missed out and so it was up to the BB gods what I received. Harper's Bazzar was the pick!!!





Essie Nail Colour in the shade Really Red

This bright red polish is definitely the perfect for the valentines month and even though the day has passed I am very happy with a bright colour. 



Aveda Intensive Hydrating Masque and Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme received 1 7ml sample of each. Full sizes are 150ml and 50ml  

Alright so as per my previous statement in my last BB post. I am really over samples from this brand and it is a little disappointing that I have received the same brands samples two boxes in a row. 



Cabtree and Evelyn Avocado Olive and Basil Ultra Moisturising Hand Therapy received a 25g full size tube   

This hand cream is an award winning ultra moisturising hand cream that help to leave hands soft and nourished. Excited by this one happy to try a new hand cream am interested to see how it goes.



Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream received a deluxe mini 8.5g. Full size is 17g

This cuticle cream combines lemon, sweet almond oil and cocoa seed butter to help moisturise and soften cuticles. This has such a gorgeous lemony scent I cannot wait to try and will go perfect with the hand cream.



Transformulas Marine Miracle Creme and Lip Volume recieved a sachet sample of each full size is 15 and 10ml

The Marine Miracle Creme is a facelift in a jar that with regenerative and anti ageing properties that is said to leave your skin looking visibly younger, relaxed,  toned and lifted. The Lip Volume this gel says it will give fuller, plumper and softer lips. Both of these are products that I don't usually look for but reading the description of these on the card I am interested to see if they will make any difference to my skin and lips. 



Zk'in Line Smoothing Serum recieved 2 1ml sachets full size is 25ml
This is the bonus for this months box. This product uses certified organic ingredients and says it will minimise wrinkles from first application. Again while I am not usually seeking out these products I am interested to try.



Harper's Bazzar recieved March issue.
This I guess is the second bonus to the box this month. Receiving the latest issue of the magazine that inspired the box. I have not bought a magazine in a long time so its a nice inclusion this month.

So that ends BB for February I feel this has been one of the better collaborations BB has done and while not all of the products I would have chosen for myself I am interested in trying the products I have received. So I will get to it and until next post Happy Reading and Happy Shopping.

Everlynne.

  



3 comments:

  1. Your bellabox seems to be way better. Did you sign up for March box as well? My march box totally sucked. They even included a highlighter in a beauty box. Pls check out my review on the march box :) http://memoirsoflovers.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/review-bellabox-march-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did recieve March's box and I have already posted my review. It's a shame you aren't enjoying your boxes. I have really been enjoying the products from BB this year as for the highlighter I am ok with it I have a love of stationary and it does fit with the competition BB sre running

      Delete
  2. Correction: http://memoirsoftwolovers.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete