Saturday 30 May 2015

Bellabox May and April Review

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Sorry for the lack of consistency with blog posts lately I have been trying to post every week like usual but at the moment life seems to be getting in the way just a little, things are so busy that at the moment that putting a post together and up just doesn't happen. Thank you for understanding and hopefully things will get back to normal soon!! OK so today I am back to talk about Bellabox. Another months box was delivered this week and I was keen to see it arrive the little present just for me has just been what I needed. But before I get onto this months goodies I will review the ones from last month I have been enjoying!!!

April Bellabox Review

Nude by Nature Pressed Mineral Cover

This was definitely the most used product out of the box this month.  I have really enjoyed this being in my makeup rotation this month. The product itself is smooth, easy to apply gives a good medium coverage and helps keep me matte will most definitely be buying the full size.  

Swisse Bioactive Nature Oil

Another product from the box that I have really enjoyed this month.  And I have to say that I have been both surprised and impressed by this product this month. The pump inclusion was probably the first surprise and I have to say for an oil based product best addition to packaging ever.  The product itself is easy to dispense, apply and absorbs really easily. I really enjoyed it as an alternative to moisturiser to counteract dryness on my legs post shaving which I have struggled with a bit as the weather has gotten colder.

Joico Shampoo and Conditioner

As shampoo, conditioner sachets go this is a decent product and I enjoyed using it. As a product it washes well and conditions nicely and left my hair feeling good. As this is a product more recommended for coloured hair which I don’t have I cannot say that it helps longevity of colour. 

Dr Roebuck Everyday After Wax
I only ended up using this a couple of times but it worked really well and I loved how it wasn’t as thick and heavy as some of the previous creams in this category that I have used had a good scent as well. 

Akin Revitalising Cellular Radiance Serum 
This I have only used a couple of times so I am not sure I have really gotten the full benefit out of it. Goes on smooth and absorbs quickly so happy to keep trying.

May Bellabox
So this months box has finally arrived and BB have collaborated with POP Sugar to give us a box with the theme sugar fix!!! 



Chella Cinnamon Highlighter Pencil 
So this was the much hyped product to the box this month and I couldn't avoid the spoiler email that said we would either be receiving the Chella Cinnamon or Ivory Lace version which together make the perfect contour kit. As you can tell we only got one half of the kit and I received the cinnamon which says its perfect for contouring or if you have darker skin tone highlighting. Happy with that as I generally contour more than I highlight anyway. This is a versatile and easy to use pencil which having swatched on my hand you can see straight off you get a really precise application, the product itself is quite creamy and blendable so I am interested to see what its like on the face. I have a few events this month so it will definitely get a good try!!



L'oreal Paris Glam Matte Lip Gloss 510 Cherry Crop
This is an intense lip colour that not only gives a matte finish but also has quite a sweet scent it has quite a soft and balmy consistency. Cherry Crop is a deep pink that for a non lip colour wearer is quite bold. Not sure about this one yet but will give it a try.


Impulse Romantic Spark received a 1.5ml deluxe sample full size is 57ml 
This perfume in a spray has notes of wild violets, warm florals and earthy wood tones. As far as I can tell this is a newer fragrance in the impulse line its an ok scent but overall impulse isn't my favourite thing so this may most likely go into the find another good home draw. 



Chapstick Cookies and Cream 
This is an exclusive to BB this month as this scent isn't due for release until later this year. Always happy to have a good lip balm and happy to give a try. 



Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Moisture Rich Night Cream received a 15g deluxe sample full size is 75g 
This is an overnight repair treatment containing cocoa butter and retinol as well as powerful combination of anitoxidants and vitamins that help promote a softer, smoother and younger looking complexion. I think I may have tried a sachet sample of this before so interested to try again with the opportunity for a few more tries. 


So that ends Bellabox for the month of May and looking at all the products together the theme of sugar fix is definitely reflected in all of these items and I am interested to try everything I have received and cannot wait to share my thoughts with you next month. Until next month happy reading and happy shopping!!!  

Everlynne.





No comments:

Post a Comment