Sunday 5 July 2015

Favourites.

Hey Readers,
WOW it has been four months since I last posted a favourites post. Life has just gotten really busy and I have to say all my good intentions of shopping my stash every month and sorting through my collection really has gone out the window over this time. I really have turned to products I know work first time every time and most of them I have spoken about before. Having said all that I have found a few new things in the last couple of months and I have a few shop my stash products that have become my staples and that I wanted to tell you all about four months ago before life got in the way. So after so long of not sharing these products I thought it was time I did!!




Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder in 02 Sunny for Brunettes/Darker Skin
Ok so this is a shop my stash surprise. Forever ago I bought both of the matte bronzers from Essence and at the time preferred (and still love) the one marketed for blondes/lighter skin tones, I just found the brunettes version too dark and too orange so it was way in the back of my blush bronzer draw when I pulled it out. I was playing around with post foundation contouring and thought I would give it a go. Needless to say I have found myself a new favourite at the same time surprised a product I hadn't really loved I know find myself reaching for. It is a bit darker and more intense in colour to the light version a little bit on the brush goes a long way but it just defines and sculpts for contouring nicely and I have to say although more orangey in colour swept all over the face with a fluffy brush gives a great warmth and glow (minus the shimmer). A new favourite!!!




Models Prefer Mystique Multi-Tone Bronzer in the shade Charmed
This is a another shop my stash find. Its a really great matte blush/bronzer that gives an easy to apply,  buildable peachy tones flush to the cheeks. Its really great when you are in a rush and need warmth and colour added to your look and I have really enjoyed adding into the routine when I am time poor. There is also a small mirror in the lid of the box which comes in handy!!!  






Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil Free Foundation shade 210 Medium Beige and Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer shade medium
OK so probably your sick of hearing about this new foundation and concealer from Covergirl but they really are great products and are a duo that work together perfectly. I think this is the first time I have bought the foundation and matching concealer and liked both products equally as much. They have become my go to simply because they are so easy to apply. The foundation is the first in a long time that just went on perfectly I didn't have to experiment with application techniques to get it looking flawless it just applied and looked flawless from the word go. Its a really smooth foundation that really does glide on and blends into the skin its medium coverage covers most of my imperfections. For those that areas that need a bit more work the concealer in this line does a great job. Under the eyes it blends and conceals dark circles as well as adding a little brightness to the area. It also does a great job at getting rid of redness as for blemishes as this is designed to pair with two of the shades in the foundation range I do find it slightly too light to really conceal but I put this on then add a little more foundation over and blemishes are invisible.  




ELF Blush Brush
This was a brush that I pulled out a couple of months ago I had really been wanting a contour brush but just didn't have the time to shop for them and this brush does a decent job although over time I have loved and not loved it so much. As a blush brush its ok but in all reality I do find it better for bronzer/contour its pointed tip allows for a really precise application but its fluffy enough to also blend out as you go. I will keep using it even though I have a new brush that is more suited to the job!!!




Models Prefer Sculpting Brush MPC101 Contour
As I said above I was really wanting some new brushes in particular a contour brush the one I have had my eye on is the much talked about Manicare Artiste Contour brush but every time I have gone to Priceline they have been sold out. It wasn't that long ago that I went in just to check (again) as these brushes where 20% off it was there and I grabbed it straight away but as usual I had to walk around the store. Next thing I know I am in front of the Models Prefer stand once again looking at brushes but this time the catalogue deal was  3 for 2. I had two brushes and the third I had in mind sadly was sold out. But it was making sure trying to sort through brushes that had been put in the incorrect place I found this contour brush. I did not know that it even excited. So then I was unsure which to buy and  for the first time I had a sales assistant come to the rescue. Talking to this lovely lady I not only found out that this brush from Models Prefer was brand new but also that the manicare contour brush has it flaws including the loss of dye and bristles when washed!! So naturally I chose the Models prefer brushes and out of the three I chose this is my pick the bristles are soft but dense and it applies and blends both cream and powder contour perfectly I have also used it for blush which it also applies easily. It also has washes well with no loss of bristles or dye!!!



BE Beauty Essentials Felt Eye Liner Pen in Black 
While usually I prefer a dark brown liner but with a few events to go to last month I decided it was time to pull out my black liners again. I chose this one at the time as I remembered its a matte black and that it was pretty easy to apply given I am not usually the greatest with pen or liquid liners this is so easy to use it gives a perfect black line and with its thin tip makes it easy to create a wing. I also love that it doesn't budge or fade over time it does however need a good makeup remover to remove. 




Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover.
This is another shop my stash product all my makeup removers stand on my bathroom shelf and I try my best to rotate through them as I do love them all for different reasons but the other night I had been playing around with my makeup not only had I blessed my eyes with a winged liner using the a fore mentioned eye liner pen but I also had used nyx jumbo pencil in milk and shadows from the chi chi brights palette on the lower lash line I just knew that it wasn't going to be removed easily. This was the first make up remover I picked up and I had really forgotten just how good it is. A small amount used to dampen a cotton round and my beautiful makeup was a thing of the past everything just came off so easily and the product is really gentle on the eyes and skin. I have actually started using this more often. 




So that ends my favourites for the last couple of months hopefully I will get back to doing these posts more often from now on and I apologise for the delay in this one. I hope you enjoyed it and it helps next time you are looking for a new makeup product. Until next post happy reading and happy shopping. 

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment