Saturday 18 July 2015

Mascara Madness #11

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well. So I was cleaning out my makeup bag during the week and realised that I have four mascaras in rotation at the moment!! I don't usually open that many at once but I have been for the most part enjoying them so I thought it high time I wrote about them. As usual I will compare their marketing pitch to my experience. I hope you enjoy!!



Nyx Le Chick Flick Waterproof Mascara in Black 

The Pitch: This is apart of the Nyx Boudoir Collection which is based on you chosing a mascara to suit how you wish to have your lashes look there are 7 to choose from each giving a unique lash look all whilst being long lasting and smudge free. Le chick flick is said to thicken lashes delivering deep dark drama.
The Reality: I have really enjoyed this one its a great everyday mascara it gives a good amount of volume without coating your lashes with a ton of product and despite having a straight wand I do find it helps to fan out your lashes. I really like that it gives that darkness and definition but also looks natural.



Covergirl Full Lash Bloom in Very Black

The Pitch: With Full Lash Bloom Mascara, get exceptional full lashes that’s soft - even to the touch. With our new petal-shaped brush and mousse formula with natural beeswax, lashes are never stiff or brittle. Perfect for everyday wear, Full Lash Bloom Mascara is also safe for contact lens wearers and is ophthalmologically tested. So bring out every last lash, and embrace you in full bloom!!
The Reality: It really is what you read is what you get however I wouldn't say it will be replacing my most favourite covergirl mascara clump crusher. Don't get me wrong it goes on smooth and you get naturally volumised lashes that are soft to touch. I used this mascara everyday but after the first couple of weeks after opening  I found that the wand gets a little bit of buildup on it which can transfer to the lashes and cause little bits of mascara to flake off your lashes. Apart from that a great everyday mascara. 




Loreal Miss Manga Mega Volume in Black

The Pitch: Miss Manga Mascara builds 15 times the volume of natural lashes, both top and bottom. Lashes are amplified for wider, bigger and more open doll like eyes.
The Reality: While I do like this mascara I don't think I have gotten the application of this quite right yet. A bend in the wand means that the wand does the work for you. You don't have to wiggle or move it to catch every latch it does it on its own. It's hard to get used to the wand moving as you coat your lashes and not having to move it to get every lash itself. The brush it also tapered at the tip so its easy to catch the inner corner lashes as well as the bottom lashes. The formula of the mascara is also slightly thicker than the average so you have to be careful not to apply too quickly and end up with clumpy lashes. Overall a great formula for a bolder lash look.




Loreal Volume Million Lashes So Couture 

The Pitch: The Volume Million Lashes So Couture brush has been created with 408 extra small bristles for the most precise mascara application yet. Matched with the smooth black silk formula, lashes are individually coated for millionised volume that's oh so couture.
The Reality: Once again what you read is what you get this mascara goes on smooth, bristles add volume and separate  lashes perfectly. But overall it is a little bit disappointing to be honest. I had received this mascara in the latest the parcel edit and it is the first more expensive mascara I have tried for a long time. I had really high hopes thinking it would have a real wow factor and it really doesn't. While it goes on smooth, doesn't clump and gives lashes volume it doesn't give them any definition or curl either. My lashes just look plain nothing fancy and certainly not couture!!! Despite this though it is a great everyday mascara, I do enjoy wearing it. I just wouldn't pay the $30 price tag to repurchase.  





So that ends another mascara madness I hope you enjoyed it and have some food for thought next time you are looking for a new mascara!!! Until next time Happy reading and happy shopping!! 

Everlynne.

The Websites that helped me write this post:Nyx Le Chick Flick
Covergirl Full lash Bloom
Loreal Miss Manga 
Loreal Volume Million Lashes 


No comments:

Post a Comment