Saturday 23 April 2016

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation Review

Hey readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Today I am writing a post that has been a long time in the making it is one that I have been wanting to post but was never sure I was covering all the aspects required for a decent review post. This is also a post that I also hope to turn into a series as well as finally achieve a goal of mine which is to finally put up posts reviewing individual products. I have broken this post up into sections so if you are only looking for information on one aspect of a foundation you can go straight to that, I also have included a general overview at the start so you know what the foundation claims are to begin with. So lets get started. 

Today I am going to talk about the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation.




If you read the really really fine print on the back of this foundation bottle this foundation promises an invisible, mistake proof foundation for visibly perfected and healthier looking skin. It also claims that it is has a weightless, smooth texture that blends with the natural skin. It also offers 24 hour moisture and soft focus powders to help reduce imperfections, pores and dark circles. Now those things are really what I am looking for in a foundation. I know foundation should be paired with concealer for this purpose. But I love the idea of a foundation that can potentially do it all and almost half the products and time I need to use to cover up my imperfections and it was the main reason I picked this foundation up.




Packaging: This foundation comes in a 30ml sized glass bottle that has a plastic pump dispenser at the top. The bottle is slim lined making it easily fit in your hand, a makeup bag and great for compact travel. The plastic pump at the top makes dispensing product easy. Which means less mess and foundation build up at the end of the day.





Product: This foundation has a medium consistency that holds its shape on the back of your hand or when applied directly to a brush it applies smoothly and blends flawlessly into the skin it really reflects what the packaging states, feeling light and giving the skin a hydrated look. Coverage is medium but at the same time buildable. It also has a slight fragrance and does contain an SPF 20.





Performance: Now I know that usually a foundation review would usually be based on applying the foundation at 7am with updates through the day and final verdict at the 7pm at night. But for me I find one day of testing a foundation just isn’t enough and it really takes a couple of days to a week for me to get a good idea of a foundation, how it reacts to my combination skin and how best to apply it to suit my requirement for all day makeup with minimal touch ups and to be honest the scientist in me loves to experiment, collect data and make observations.  

So after a week of testing these are my findings…On its own applied over my daily moisturiser alone I got a decent days wear from this foundation, my skin looked smooth and my main pores, redness and dark circles are diminished but by the end of a long day I was finding it had started to wear off around my nose and my forehead started to look a little cakey. However the rest of my skin looked smooth and hydrated. Over moisturiser and primer I definitely got extra smoothness and longevity but at the end of the day still an amount of wear and tear. So after much experimentation I finally found that for my skin the best way to get a full days wear from this foundation is to simply apply over moisturiser and lightly top with powder in the T zone and forehead area. It seems simple but it gave me a whole day wear from this foundation from 7am in the morning to after 7pm at night my skin looked smooth and hydrated all day long.      


Purchase: Would I repurchase/would I recommend you purchase?? Yes I would. In terms of repurchase. I know in reality it took more than just this foundation to get a full days wear but the fact that alone this foundation lives up to its claims on the back of the bottle is the reason I would purchase this foundation again. A foundation that’s easy to apply, blends seemlesly isn’t heavy on the skin and leaves my skin looking natural, no redness, diminishing dark circles pores whilst making the skin look hydrated. And that is why I also would recommend this one!! To those of you looking for an easy to apply foundation and one that gives great results day after day this is for you. If you are oily/combination skin I still recommend buying just pair it with your favourite matte powder (Rimmel stay matte or Nude by Nature pressed mineral cover powder are great pairing with this foundation!!).



So that ends this review I hope you enjoyed reading this one and that you hope to see more of these types of reviews. If you have a foundation you wish me to review please comment below or via Instagram what you would like to see!! In the mean time if you are looking for a new foundation I hope this helps your choice. 

So until next post Happy reading and Happy shopping.

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment