Sunday 29 January 2017

Mascara Madness #16

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Today I am here with another mascara madness post. Now I know I have only recently done a post like this at the end of last year but since then I have been trying so many mascaras that I thought I better write another one!! As usual I will compare the advertising pitch to the reality of how these mascaras performed so lets get started...


 Rimmel Scandal Eyes Reloaded 
The Pitch: Rimmel London Scandaleyes Reloaded Mascara is everything you need for unstoppable volume. Now with a new formula and max density brush that gives extreme volume and wear for up to 24HR impact that's easy to remove with warm water.

The Reality: I was excited to try this one as I was looking for a mascara with
that would give me decent volume but I really wanted to skip the odd shaped brush that usually comes with a Rimmel mascara. I am a big fan in general of a tapered conical brush and I enjoyed that from the first go. Volume wise it definitely delivers and it gives amazing definition to both upper and lower  lashes and it layers better than most of the other Rimmel mascaras I have tried. I do find however it is a wetter formula so don't blink quickly post application!!!



 Rimmel Extra 3D Lash
The Pitch: Volumizing, defining and lengthening mascara,Volumizes even the smallest lashes, Defines lashes from corner to corner, 3D brush captures, coats and lifts every lash .

The Reality: My first thought when I picked this up was that it was pitching it was going to give me va va voom lashes or a falsies effect but the reality is quite the opposite. The rubber brush with short bristles delivers a more your lashes but better look and I have really been enjoying it for that. You get the best of all the worlds. Definition, volume and length. It also layers well and the short bristled rubber brush is great for catching not only the inner corner lashes but shorter lower lashes as well. 




Revlon Dramatic Definition 
The Pitch: Smooth, flexible formula coats lashes for clump-free separation, Revlon Lash Separator Brush sports tiered bristles for defining and separating every lash.

The Reality: This mascara does pretty much what it says it will. You get an easy to apply mascara that gives you defined and clump free lashes. But I have to say for a Revlon mascara I am a little disappointed. With the title of dramatic definition I expected a bit more wow factor I really thought I would be getting beautifully defined, lengthened, fanned out and fluttery lashes but with this the results are really just a my lashes with mascara result. 



Buxom Vanity Lash Mascara Show off Black Full and Fabulous
The Pitch: A mascara that volumizes lashes to their maximum potential for full, stand-out eyelashes. With a brush that powers through lashes for lavish fullness from roots to ends. 

The Reality: This mascara and brush combination is the best for what I like to call va va voom lashes. It gives amazing definition to your lashes making the look fuller, fanning them out leaving them fluttery. It definitely leaves you with a bolder lash look but I have really enjoyed that about this one!!



So that ends another mascara madness post. I hope you enjoyed this post and that it helps next time you are in the market for a new mascara. Until next post happy reading and happy shopping.

Everlynne






The Websites that provided the pitch for this blog post: 

https://au.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/scandaleyes-reloaded-mascara

https://au.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/extra-3d-lash

http://www.revlonanz.com/products/eyes/mascara/dramatic-definition-mascara#309978985013||0

http://www.sephora.com/vanity-lash-mascara-P387672?

No comments:

Post a Comment