Friday 6 January 2017

2016 Favourites!!!



Hey Readers,
Happy New Year!!! 
I hope this post finds you well!!! Looking back over my year of posts 2016 wasn't the best for posts solely dedicated to my favourite products. Which is odd as these are some of the ones that I enjoy writing the most. Yes I have completed the Ride or Die tag and have written about my favourite brushes but overall this year there was very little month to month in the moment favourites. So I thought it was worth putting together a post telling you all about the products I have loved for all of 2016 some I have mentioned before (again and again and again) and some I will talk about for the first time but overall they have seen me through the good times and bad that was 2016. 
So lets get started.....





Rimmel #Insta Flawless 006 Light Medium 
This I discovered almost as soon as it came out into Priceline stores and I really only picked it up as Rimmel was 30% off (I think) at the time. It was a product I hadn't seen a lot of talk about but one that I thought might get a lot of hype simply because of the name. As I have said a few times (read thousand) before I am not sure how this does what it does but it does it. Using it under makeup almost as a primer really, I find it gives a gorgeous finish to your makeup a really natural glow from within and no glitter or shimmer particles in sight. While I don't feel its super hydrating as stated on the packaging it doesn't dry out my skin which I do sometimes find (despite being combination) with products that  contain an SPF factor. This comes in two shades and light medium and a medium dark while the later is a little to deep in colour I have managed to make it work but interestingly it doesn't give the same glowyness as the light. So overall I have not only used this for most of the year I also have repurchased it!! 

Loreal Infallible 24h Matte 22 Radiant Beige

2016 certainly has gone quick as I can honestly say that I had no idea I have literally been using this foundation all year!! For some reason I still feel like its a new find but I love it and its defintley been a product Iv'e picked up again and again. Initially while I loved the longevity of this foundation and how it never reacted with this skin it was a little too matte so I preferred mixing this with glower foundations and I certainly still prefer it with the Insta flawless underneath but I also have worn it a bit on its own and I find in a light layer all over buffed in well really makes skin look flawless all day. 

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous 210 Medium Beige

I  have spoken about this foundation so much this year!! I think this foundation will always be a go to for me as it just works first time every time. It just never fails when it comes to coverage and longevity!! It great for everyday as well as for more special occasions!!

Avon CC Cream in Medium
I have been looking all year for a light foundation that would be a go to for makeup when wanting something light, easy and quick to apply and lasting a decent amount of time. Something for those times that you just want to slap something on and run out the door!! 
Discovering this sample via a beauty box this is the first CC cream that I have come across that I have really seen results. A light to medium coverage this cream goes on so smooth is really easy to blend and definetly diminishes the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. Now with my oily combo skin longevity is only really half a day but for something to put on to go grocery shopping or run errands this is perfect.

Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circle Eraser
Whether its on its own or layering under a brightening concealer this is always my go to when it comes to hiding the darkness under my eyes. I do also love it as a eye primer to get rid of shadow and any redness either way it goes on easily, blends well and stays all day. 




Australis Banana Powder
I have enjoyed this all through the year. Predominately I will use this to set concealer under the eyes and down the nose but I  also enjoy it as a matte highlight for the brow bone it really does what it says helping to conceal darkness and hide any extra redness. 





Nude by Nature Pressed Mineral Cover in Medium 
I am still constantly surprised by how much I enjoy this powder after never liking the original loose version. This is my go to when I want extra coverage to set my makeup, when I want a compact for touch ups. In combination with a flat top kabuki brush this just goes on smooth, is easy to blend and its never looked to powdery or turned cakey on me. 




Designer Brands Pro Contour
I have really gotten into contouring this year and while I tried a few of the more popular palettes on the market this one from Designer brands has come out on top this year!! Not only is it light weight but it also has a decent sized mirror in the lid. When it comes to contouring these shades are pigmented but not super pigmented which I prefer when it comes to contouring I prefer to build and blend over trying to blend out stripes of colour all over my face I also love to mix the shades depending on how warm or deep I wish. In terms of highlight I switch and change all the time while I love my banana powder I also love the more skin tone powders you find in the palette great for the cheeks and forehead. The best part is that this whole palette is matte so no shimmer unless you wish to add it!!




Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette in 002 Coral glow and Models prefer Instant glow in sculpted glow. 
Ok so while I have really preferred matte for full face contouring for a everyday makeup of something to throw into a travel makeup bag these have been my go to!! I just cannot go past a warm toned bronzer, peachy pink blush and a golden toned highlight. Yes they all have a shimmer running through them but when these palettes make it so easy to complete a full face of makeup its a no brainer. The Rimmel Kate is just so universal and I like it for its compact packaging I also love that this looks good on anyone!! The Models prefer is the more recent find it is slightly more pigmented but I love it as much and to be honest there are actually a lot of mornings I will use the blush from one, bronzer from the other and mix the highlight!!! 




Bloom Cosmetics Eye definer in Dark Brown
If there is one product that I have never found an alternate for its  this one and believe me I have tried. I use this eyeliner practically everyday and when it started to get hard to find bloom cosmetics instore I tried to find a different brand that compares (just in case) but as  yet nothing!! This pencil liner is just the perfect consistency, creamy and easy to apply it also blends beautifully. Its dark enough to give strong definition but doesn't look as harsh as a black and stays all day without fading, smudging or sliding across my eyelid!! Its the perfect liner.




Chi Chi Professional Small Stippling #124 
After seeing a lot of youtubers use a small stipple to apply foundation when I saw this had to pick it up. While I do find applying foundation with this brush gives smooth and flawless results it does take a bit more time to apply and blend given the brush itself is so small. But its the small brush size and its blending abilities that I love so much. Perfect for blending out concealer, cream contour and cream blush I also love using it to apply banana powder under the eyes. The size allows you to be precise when applying and blending out as well as being to get around small areas of the face. This brush also has quite soft bristles!!

Models Prefer Airbrush Foundation MPA101
This is a brush that I probably should have added to my Ride or Die post as if I could only have one face brush ever again it would be this one. For me this brush lends itself to more than just foundation. While I do love it first and foremost for liquid and cream products as it allows you to apply foundation almost like a traditional foundation brush applying streaks of foundation to then buff out effortlessly. At the same time you can apply and blend out concealer without having to change brushes. I also find that it applies powder quite well. The size, dense bristles and rounded shape that is slightly tapered sees the brush pick up powder easily and apply precisely as well as allowing you to blend out. Application of both bronzer and blush are a no brainer with this one.    





So that ends my favourites from 2016 I hope you enjoyed this one (even the products I have spoken about before!!!) I am looking forward to hopefully trying some new products in 2017 and being able to talk about some new favourites!!! Until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment