Friday 26 May 2017

Empties Hits and Misses #6

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well. Today I am back with another empties posts!!! I have been cleaning out my makeup room/office in the name of spring (or winter as it is here) and I decided that it was time for this pile of empties its time to go!!! As usual I have split this post into hits and misses. I hope you enjoy


Hits 
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in the shade 10 Fair
I love love love this concealer not only in this shade but also in the Medium!! Its so good easy to apply and blend, It light on the skin and its long lasting. I love the light mainly over the medium or another concealer to highlight and its great as an eyeshadow base being so light it makes shadows pop!! Sadly having so many concealers on the go at one time has meant this one has been in the background a little too long now so it needs to go but I will eventually repurchase.




OGX Brazilian Therapy Shampoo
I think a bottle of  this brand shampoo has featured in all my empties posts and I still am enjoying it and I think I am slowly working my way through the different versions. This one while aimed at a user who has curly or wavy hair. I picked it up as I liked the scent. As someone that has straight hair it still works really well and I loved it as it did help keep my locks smooth and flyaway free.




Daiso MakeupBrush Cleaner
This is another repeat offender in my empties posts and so I won't go on to long!! Still amazing for cleaning brushes and makes light work when you have a lot to wash at once. I also have backups on hand which is probably why a lot of times its hard to get but if your in Daiso its a must to pick up and try!!!




Kosmea Moisturising Shower Gel
This has been in my collection for the longest longest time due to the fact I stocked up before the company discontinued it many many years ago. I'ts sad as I still haven't found another product thats as good. For a shower gel thats based on all natural ingredients it foams better than any I have ever tried and doesn't have an overpowering scent. I enjoy the fact that its easy to use and light on the skin. I am very sad to see this go :(




Youngblood Pressed Mineral Foundation in Neutral
I've enjoyed this brand of makeup for many years now and this compact has faired me well for quite some time. Being a small compact with a mirror this has always been great for travel or a night out when clutch space is small!! The shade neutral is also great for touch ups taking down shine but not adding colour to you face and changing the look of your makeup. Being finely milled, light on the skin and rice based its also great setting powder and perfect for oil control.






Misses
Revo Lipbalm 
This lip balm was one of the first ball type lip balms I have ever used and while these often come with great reviews I am not impressed. The scent is overpowering and sickly sweet the balm itself I found just makes you lips feel greasy and it doesn't actually feel like its mointurising the lips at all. Not a fan and I won't be repurchasing. 




Nyx Pore Filler
Like most pore filling primers they promise the world and don't really deliver and I really haven't found a primer yet that I actually feel really does the job. But what dissapointed me most about this is its not even a good primer usually these primers will at least extend the longevity of a my makeup but this causes more slipping and splitting of my foundation. 




Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in 75 Natural Beige 
As I have such a love for their concealers I try every foundation with the want to really love it but I have given this foundation so many tries and I just now have to say no!! Its mousse texture makes this quite thick and so using a buffing brush was really the only way I could apply without it looking thick and cakey. While the longevity is pretty decent on most areas of my face but I didn't find that it lived up the the claims of being hydrating and its matte finish on my combo skin was short lived I constantly would have to touch up throughout the day to get a full work day from my makeup.




So that ends my empties. While I am kinda glad to be getting rid of this lot but no doubt that I will soon have a pile to replace it!! Hoping that you enjoyed reading this post. Until next time happy reading and happy shopping

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment