Friday 15 September 2017

Fast Five #2

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you all well. I am back with another Fast Five. I really enjoyed writing the last one and I thought it time I do it all again. Like my previous post I have picked five beauty items that I am going to give mini reviews on for the most part  I haven't spoken about these before but they are products that I have been loving and ones that I want to share. So lets get started....

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 077 Asia.

For the longest time I have not been a lipstick wearer and primarily this is because my lips are always dry, they tend to become flakey and chapped easily so may ore often than not I have found that any lip product with colour in it usually would dry my lips out further and make them feel all uncomfortable. But that changed recently, after receiving a rimmel lipstick in a beauty box subscription. It was a dark berry purple shade and it suited me so well. Every time I wore it someone would comment saying how good it looked. And it was so comfortable to wear but lets face wearing a bold colour all day can be high maintenance. So I went on the hunt for a more natural shade an MLBB surprisingly I found this in a discount basket at the checkout while I was picking up groceries at Coles. While I only had the sticker  on the bottom of the lipstick for reference of the colour for $5 it was worth a shot. Its a great colour not too pink or brown and I love it just for on a day where I want something on my lips but a more natural look. These rimmel lasting finish lipsticks are so easy to wear. They glide on, are pigmented, creamy and long lasting my lips never feel uncomfortable or dry.





Glamourflage Rauchy Rosie Grapefruit Hand Cream 60ml

Ok so excuse the fact that this tube looks a bit worse for wear sadly the packaging hasn't survived the winter well however the hand cream inside has been the best during these cooler months. My hands have been so dry this winter and not only is this cream hydrating and long lasting but the scent is light and it absorbs quickly with no sticky or slippery residue.




Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in shades 205 Sapphire, 209 Black Violet and 210 Teal 

I know I spoke about the Teal liner in the first post to this series but I had to include these again as I have since purchased two new colours in the range.  I am still loving these and they are so good for adding a pop of colour to your eye look quickly and easily. However I do have to say that the new colours (sapphire and black violet) aren't as creamy as the Teal shade they do require a few swipes to get the perfect application. 





Olay Double Action Day Cream and Primer 50ml

This was an impulse buy during the last 40% skincare sale at priceline it had been marked down to $5 or $6 which I thought was pretty good for a 50ml cream and I was drawn to the idea of a primer and day cream in one. Its been a great addition to my morning routine. The cream itself isn't too thick and it goes on so smooth and absorbs quickly. It also does leave your skin slightly tacky which is helpful pre makeup application and I do feel it contributes to makeup longevity. Now while it does say its mattifying it also doesn't seem to make my oily T zone want to produce more oil which I have also been enjoying.  




Target Pocket Tissues 10 pack 

I know including this item may be boring to some of you but I have to say that these have been the biggest life saver recently and so I had to give them some love. Not only are these tissues in pocket packs so they are compact and great to stash in every handbag, carry bag, pocket and cup holder in your car!! But also they are three ply so they are soft and strong!! Being sick is taxing enough coughing, sneezing and everyone looking at you like you have the plague, so to then have tissues that just disintegrate the minute they are wet (sorry TMI!!) just isn't ideal but these guys stood up to the challenge and having 10 per pack is really handy. The best bit is that target sells them in a 12 pack for $2 money well spent.




So that ends this edition of Fast Five I hope you have enjoyed and if you have any product recommendations or anything you want me to try for review please send them my way. Until next post Happy reading and happy shopping!!


Everlynne.



1 comment: