Sunday 1 October 2017

Mascara Madness #18

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. I am back with a new mascara madness post. I have had a few mascaras on rotation over the past few months and as they have come to the end of their life span I thought it time that I would compare to the pitch and give my review the reality. So lets get started...




Covergirl Katy Perry Katy Kat Eye in Very Black and Perry Blue

The Pitch: There’s the cat eye…and then there’s the Katy Kat Eye! Katy Kat Eye Mascara features a Sculpting Brush that sweeps lashes up and out, for full, lush voluminous lashes. Create a 360° cat eye that won’t smear, won’t smudge, but will definitely make other cats jealous! Also available in waterproof.

The Reality: The hype behind this mascara was the reason I picked this one the idea of a mascara that adds volume, length and even help flare the lashes to mimic the perfect winged liner. The twist in the brush head really does the work adding the right amount of volume and length leaving lashes flared and fluttery. But at the end of the day were this mascara  falls down is when they turned this mascara blue!! I loved the idea but the blue of the product just didn't translate to my lashes they looked good but the blue colour just did not show even when used as a topper to the black!!! 


 




















Maybelline the falsies Push Up Angel 
The Pitch: The Falsies effects gets angel wings!! Exclusive Push-Up Wing brush sweeps lashes to the sides, while lifting and plumping up the roots. 


The Reality: This I bought as I was looking for a mascara to really separate and lift my lashes without clumping but at the same time I was skeptical of this curved comb like brush head. But I have to say I was impressed from the the first couple of tries. I say couple of tries simply because it did take time to get used to the comb but overall it does definitely push your lashes up, sepearte and flare. The formula is also really light goes on really smoothly, coats lashes evenly and doesn't clump.



Maybelline Collosal Big Shot Volume Express

The Pitch: Unleash your big shot!! Our Big Shot brush loads fully loaded volume in one coat.

The Reality: I have struggled with this mascara and to be honest I'm still not sure if its the formula or the brush head. The formula is quite thick and does give great volume to your lashes but the bristles on the brush head are short and the mascara itself seems to really stick to them over time so you really have to be careful when applying not to end up with clumps, smudges and flakes of excess mascara on your lashes and around your eyes. You really have to wipe the excess off before you apply.



So that ends another mascara madness post. I hope you enjoyed and hope this helps next  time you are shopping for a new mascara!! Until next time Happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne.




The websites that provided the pitch sections of this blog:

https://www.maybelline.com/eye-makeup/mascara/the-falsies-push-up-angel-washable-mascara

https://www.maybelline.com/eye-makeup/mascara/volum-express-the-colossal-big-shot-washable-mascara

https://www.covergirl.com/en_us/beauty-products/eye-makeup/mascara/katy-kat-eye-mascara


1 comment: