Tuesday 1 October 2013

Lust Have It September and August Review

Hey Readers, Hope this post finds you well. My September Lust Have It has arrived and this months box is full of full of products to help us get into the mood for spring. But before I get into all the products I've received I will review the box that was August LHI.

Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights face Illuminator in the shade 200 Pink Light

I have really have enjoyed giving this illuminator a try over the month. I have used it both as a cheek bone highlight and mixed it with foundation for an overall glow. Being a soft pink it blends really well to give a perfect glow and I will continue to use this one!!!

Revlon Nearly Naked Makeup 
As disappointed as I was to only receive small sample sizes of this foundation I was eager to try this foundation out. The colours were not a perfect match but I enjoyed getting to see how it applied and wore throughout the day the samples were only enough for a light coverage but I would say that this most likely would build quite well without cakeyness. Overall I really like how light it felt on the skin and would be happy to be colour matched and buy the full size. 

KMS CaliforniaFree Shape Conditioner
Despite the fact I only reiceved the sample of the conditioner and I am not a person that heat styles my hair I have really enjoyed this one. The conditioner is thick and really coats your hair the smell is also gorgeous and stays with your hair post washing out. My hair has also been wuite smooth and silky which I have really enjoyed. 


KMS California Add Volume Volumising Spray
Not to sure about this one while I got volume from the spray it wasn't a huge amount and my hair also felt sticky when I was brushing it through at the end of the day. Most likely will not repurchase.


Sinfulcolours Sinfulcolours Nail Enamel in the shade 395 Folly
This bright pink got a turn on my toes during the month. I like the bright colour and I was impressed by how long it lasted I got over a week of wear before It chipped. I have to say never underestimate a cheaper priced polish when looking for longevity because this one lasted longer than an OPI polish that only made it three days!!!! 

Lush Skin's Shangri La Facial Moisturiser received a 10g 
This has been my night cream all month it is so smooth and easy to apply. Its consistency is thick but doesn't have that heavy feel on the skin it just soaks right  into my skin and the dry patches that usually appear have gone. I have really enjoyed and will continue to use this one regularly. 

La Roche Posay Thermal spring water 
I have not used this product this month. I haven't really had much need for soothing the skin this month. But the weather is warming up and I can see that I might have need in the future. 

La Roche Posay LIPIKAR Balm

Although I have not really needed a cream for anti itch/anti scratch purposes. I still gave this a try. The unscented balm is thick but does absorb quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue.

Ok so onto September LHI. Spring Fling is the theme this month and LHI have included a general good mix of products. I have to say though LHI must have been taking to the people at Bellabox as three of the products I have received in this box I have previously received in a BB box. 




WOTNOT Natural Organic Facial Wipes. Recieved a travel size pack of 5 wipes full size is 25 wipes.

These are makeup remover wipes that do not contain the usual nasties found in most makeup remover wipes. They contain certified organic aloe vera, sweet almond and rose hip oil that restores moisture loss and soothes the skin. I have actually tried these before and am very happy to receive a travel friendly version.




Mary Kay Oil Free Makeup Remover received a 29 ml mini version full size is 110 ml 

Excited to try this one have heard a lot about Mary Kay as a brand but haven't tried any products. Said to be able to remove all eye makeup including water proof mascara without leaving skin dry. Eye makeup remover is an essential to my day so this one will definitely get a good try.




Loreal Base Magique Primer 

As I said someone at LHI has been taking to BB. This is the same primer I received in last months BB. Am happy to receive another sample size I am also about to travel away so it will fit into my travel kit easily. 




Loreal Nude Magique BB cream in the shade Medium. Received a 1 ml sample sachet. Full size is 30ml.

This BB cream uses micro pigment technology that self adjusts to match your natural skin tone. Like most BB creams gives light coverage, evens skin tone, provides hydration and gives SPF 12 protection. Interested to give this product a try had looked at buying in a recent 40% off at Priceline but they were sold out when I got there.




Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel received a 10ml sample size full size is 500ml and Bioderma Sebium AKN received a 5ml sample full size is 30ml. 

Again I have been introduced to both these products before but they are two products I have really enjoyed. The Foaming gel is a cleanser that removes impurities but doesn't dry out the skin. The Sebium AKN is perfect for putting on blemishes particularly if you get them early they will disapper almost over night!!! 
























RPR Treatment My MultiVitamin Mask received a full size 150ml
This is a hair treatment mask that not only contains vitamins but also anti oxidants to help restore balance and vitality. The product itself has a really nice smell which I am hoping rubs off on my hair!!!




Lust Have It Synthetic Precision Pencil Brush 

LHI are treating us to another brush from there self labelled collection. I really enjoy using the Kabuki brush that was in January's box so am really interested to try this as well. The bristles are soft and supple and being synthetic I think it will lend itself perfectly to cream products and gel liners. 




TOM Organic Regular Tampons

As I said at the start LHI have been taking to BB!!! I'm still not sure if I consider these a bonus or a gift as I said in my previous post they are practical!!!

So overall LHI have sent a good box for spring I am interested to try and retry these products. I am travelling in October so I will see how these products go for travel. As always I will share my thoughts next month until then Happy Reading and Happy Shopping.

Ever.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment