Saturday 18 January 2014

Happy New Year and January Favourites

Hey Readers,

Hope this post finds you well!! 2014 is here!! Happy New Year!!! I hope that you have had a wonderful festive season and are not having to many back to work blues and any resolutions you may have made are going well. This year I haven't made too many resolutions in regards to my blog as I wish to keep going with monthly beauty box posts and reviews as well as my monthly favourites which I still want to keep a mix of shopping my stash as well as falling in love with any new goodies I buy. I will however be trying to put up some extra blog posts on individual products during the month both first impressions as well as reviews in a bit more detail then I usually get to in my favourites and not just waiting till my favourites post to tell you about them. I am also going to be using my Instagram (makeupscience) a bit more for my blog this year not to just post up when I have written a new post but also to post up my beauty purchases and also to do some mini reviews of products I am really enjoying, so please if you have an Instagram  please come and follow!!!

So the festive season and start of the new year have been busy I have traveled a lot and spent a fair amount of time in the sun so my favourites this month are products that have helped protect from the sun, keep my makeup from melting away and becoming shiny as well as being easy to apply and keep things natural!!!



Nivea Sun Light Feel Every Day Sun Lotion 30+ SPF

I know I spoke about this in my 2013 favourites for the year but I have used it so much this month I just had to include it again. I am amazed that every time it applies easily, dries quickly and that there is no greasiness. Its really been so good for the hot summer days we've been having to be able to apply and go and to prevent sunburn!!!




Chi Chi Super BB cream SPF 30 in the shade Medium

I purchased this at the end of last year when target had 30% of chi chi cosmetics I had heard a lot about this BB cream from you tube and I wanted to give it a try. This BB cream has been one of my go to bases all month it gives the perfect amount of coverage (light- medium) which is buildable for the areas that need a bit more coverage but still light on the skin. Its great at taking away redness, evening out skin tone and creating the perfect base. I have needed to top with powder to keep myself from getting to shiny but even without powder it still lasts all day. I also love that its a tube with a pump so not only can you get every last bit of product but it dispenses easily. 




Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in the shade Medium

Originally introduced to this as a sachet sample via bellabox and then again in a lust have it box. I bought the full size as I wanted to try it out a bit more. This version of Maybellines BB cream includes 2% saliycylic acid said to help with fighting blemishes but I also feel helps with oil control. The cream itself just goes on so easily and lasts a good number of hours without powder and I have found it great with oil control. It is a lighter coverage than I am usually after but its a great no makeup makeup option and I have really enjoyed using it as a base/primer with a mineral foundation buffed in over the top.




Loreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

I received two samples of this primer via beauty boxes in 2013 and as a little bit goes a long way I am still loving it. Its the first primer I have used that doesn't feel slippery and dries powder light. While I don't feel in disguises my pores it definitely helps foundation apply smoother and keep it lasting longer, not melting away in the heat!!!! I am on the hunt that does a similar job though as the full size of this comes in a tub and with all my travel I really need something in a tube or with a pump. If you have any suggestions please leave me a comment!!!




Rimmel London Stay Matte in the shade 005 Silky Beige

I think I bought this early last year and I have only just hit pan over the Christmas break!! It still is my go to powder and as the days have gotten warmer I really have been relying on this powder to keep the shine at bay it also gives a little extra coverage so has been good not only to set makeup but also carry in my handbag for touch ups!!




Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder in the shade Beige

This was a powder that I bought ages ago from iherb after dropping and smashing the same one but in the natural shade I never felt the natural did anything for me and for whatever reason this one ended up in my draw of unopened use next makeup. So when I saw it being used in a couple of YouTube tutorials I decided to give it another try. I am really loving it and while I do avoid putting it over my T zone as it does have a small bit of shimmer it  gives a lovely glow to the rest of face and with the incorporation of the pink blush heart you can add a little colour to the cheeks as well.  I've been really enjoying teaming it with the rimmel stay matte for a quick easy look on the go!!!




Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder in the shade 12 fair/medium 
This has become my go to bronzer this month!! On its own or as a contour paired with blush it blends and adds warmth to the face giving a glow without the shimmer and ive never had it look orange or muddy. It also comes with a decent size mirror that swivels 360 degrees perfect for the cosmetic bag and even the hand bag!!!  




It has been a three way tie for my favourite lip product this month not only do they work alone they also pair together well in combination!!

Essence lipstick in the shade 07 Natural Beauty
I think I have spoken about this before but I am just loving this lipstick at the moment!! This is a really easy to wear nude pink that just adds a bit of extra to any look and is great in a rush to glide on and go its moisturising and lasts a reasonable amount of time and has paired well with the next two lip products...




Maybelline Colour Wisper in the shade 25 lust for blush
This was a you tube made me buy it purchase at the end of last year that and they were on special at Coles for $8 which is cheapest ive seen these lipsticks in a long time. So I thought why not I will give it a try. These colour wispers are probably the best formula of lip stick I have found there creamy, glossy and moisturising. Lust for Blush is a soft pink that for me is probably a little too light particularly if I'm too heavy handed in my application. I find best if I just apply to my bottom lip press my lips together evens out the colour enough not to wash me out the other two options I love to wear this one is mixed with the essence lipstick I spoke about above. I also love to top it with the next product for a little extra gloss!!!!




Covergirl Smoochies Lipslicks in 255 Sweet Tweet
These smoochies are new from covergirl and I'm not sure why I picked them up for some reason I was just drawn to them. These Lipslicks are the perfect combination of lipbalm and lip gloss. They smell sweet, are twist up, easy to apply, have just enough gloss to make your lips shine but no stickiness!!! Yay!! Finally a company that has gotten this right!! They are quite sheer when it comes to colour so on there own as a natural gloss to the lips and adding a bit extra to my essence lipsticks or my maybelline colour wisper.




So that completes my January favourites I hope you enjoyed this post and I would like to know what your favourites were for January so please leave a comment below telling me your favourite product/s are and until my next post Happy reading and Happy shopping!!!

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment