Friday 4 July 2014

June Favourites

Hey Readers,
 I sorry I did not post much for the month of June, I do apologise but it was a bit hectic with some family stuff. Makeup wise I really focused on shopping my stash as I did not really have to buy anything new. Overall though I have found some great products that I really want to share with you now!!! 




Essence All about Matt Oil Control Makeup Base
This product hasn't left my makeup bag for the last two months and I think I have used it most days as a part of my makeup routine. As the description on the back of the tube states this is a lightweight makeup-base for a long lasting matt and smooth finish. Specially formulated with evermat complex this base helps balance out oily skin and to minimize pores. While I don't feel the appearance of my pores are minimised it has definitely increased the longevity of my makeup and keeps my oily T zone at bay longer. It comes out of the tube white but does apply clear and smooth and dries almost instantly and the small tube fits easily into any makeup bag.




NYX Blush in the shade Pinched.

Said to be a dupe for the much talked about Nars Orgasm I originally bought this as I felt it would be the most wearable for me out of the small amount of options available at my local target. This peachy pink blush may look small in the pan but makes up for it with BIG amounts of pigmentation!!! and flecked with gold glitter it means that you have blush and highlight in one. As I said you only need a small amount to get a glowy cheek and it lasts all day long. It pairs amazingly with a little bronzer and a soft smoky eye!!!




NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Tiramisu

I bought this during the last 40% off Nyx at target and not being a huge colour on the lips wearer I chose this brownish pinky nude that would look natural and its perfect!! This for me is really a my lips but better colour the formula is smooth to apply isn't sticky feels comfotable on the lips and lasts a decent amount of time. Its also pigmented enough that it can be worn by itself.




Essence Blush in Natural Beauty

This is a gorgeous natural toned blush which I originally bought as a contour shade. For a long while it replaced my bronzer as just that but as winter has gotten colder I really have leaned towards using it over my bronzer contour to really warm up my face. I know that sounds like a lot but it gives such a gorgeous glow to the face and pairs nicely with a peachy pink blush lightly over the top.  I also love it for a light makeup look when I've just put on BB cream and mascara on and want blusher but my look to stay natural and not to look like I've put blush on!!! 




 BYS Matte Compact Powder Foundation 

Over a month ago I dropped and smashed my Rimmel stay matte compact powder despite my love for my Rimmel I already had an Australis fresh and flawless at home ready to take its place when I'd finished sadly that lasted a week before it too lept out of my bag smashing on the floor. Having no time to get out the rubbing alcohol and fix!! I also didn't have the budget to replace either!!! It was in Kmart that I went for a cheap and quick fix despite thinking it may or may not do the job. As you can tell by now I stand corrected!! This is a really great mattifying compact powder it goes on smooth, blends well and is perfect buffed all over a BB cream or foundation as well as for pressed onto the T zone for touch ups. I really only have to top up once or twice a day (T zone only) and while it has a little less coverage than the rimmel or australis  it still goes the distance. A great alternative and when I can I will repurchase.




Rimmel Matte BB cream

Originally I was unimpressed with this BB cream and felt it was one of those over hyped products. Both coverage and longevity seemed average and it really didn't hide my dark circles, imperfections or minimise pores as a result it ended up in the back of my draw. I brought it back out when I looking for a quick no makeup look one weekend. I found that this works a lot better when its really buffed into the skin using my real techniques buffing brush it not only makes the application quick but it looks smoother and coverage better. And it also seems to help it to last longer. For a work day I do top with a little powder but when your in a rush it does last on its own!! 



So that rounds up my May favourites I hope that you have had a wonderful month and aren't feeling the cold to much!!! Until next month Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!

Everlynne.




No comments:

Post a Comment