Saturday 27 December 2014

Sunday Special-FMS gift exchange and My First Sephora

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well and that your Christmas has been wonderful!!! I am here today with another Sunday special!!! This year I participated in a international gift exchange and I wanted to show you what I received in my package!! But first a little bit of explanation....If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I participate in the fmsphotoaday challenge this is a month to month challenge that gives you a prompt for everyday and you take a photo and post it on Instagram adding a simple hast tag to your photo of fmsphotoaday you are able to share your photo with all the other players but also see how everyone else interprets the prompt as well, its a great way of connecting with others around the globe.

 To further this connection Chantelle the lovely lady and founder of this challenge also runs a gift exchange every year. Now the exchange is completely anonymous so you use Instagram and a little bit of face book to work out what to get your partner for Christmas it also is an exchange where the person you are buy for isn't the person buying for you. Its really fun and both this and last year I have really enjoyed participating.

Now I know last year I didn't blog about what I sent and what I got but as I didn't spend my Christmas here at home things got crazy and I left it too late to blog the experience. Now last year it was a random draw and I sent my gift to South Australia and my gift came from America with goodies from the store Ulta!! It was great and I enjoyed everything I received but this year we got to choose the area in which we would like to send I chose worldwide so signed myself up to sending a gift anywhere.

I was paired with a lovely lady in America. I was so excited to send some goodies overseas at the same time though felt a little under presser as my gift was going to a first time exchanger!! My gift recipient is a busy Mum of two who loves to garden, read and take photos (her Instagram and blog photos are amazing!!!) and who also loves flowers and has a talent for arranging them. So I had a little bit to go with. At the same time my information became limited as issues with our facebook group arose and it was hard to search for answers to questions so primarily I had use instagram photos and blog posts from my giftee to work out what to send. My gift ended up being a mix of many things as I wanted to incorporate her love of flowers, something practical, something just for her, something unique to Australia, and a small gift for her children.
So the following items got sent:

I couldn't help but pick this decoration up its so cute and I really wanted to include something specifically Christmasmassy!! 


The calendar of Australian wildflowers, tea towel with Aussie animals and reusable bag with the Australian flag covered my want to send something that included the love of flowers and items that are practical!! 

My gift just for her. I couldn't help but send a handbag (again practical and with flowers) as well as a little bit of makeup with everything coming from Australian brands!!!

Bag is from Colettte by Colette Hayman



Makeup included Lucas Pawpaw ointment, lipstick from Face of Australia,
Mascara, Gold eyeliner/shadow, eyelash curler all from Models Prefer
and nudes eyeshadow palette from ChiChi Cosmetics.


And a little something for her children, pencil cases printed with a picture of the story bridge unique to where I live here in Brisbane. Pens, pencils a ruler, eraser and sharpener with Australian prints now for her little girl I couldn't help include a Christmas lip gloss as well as including some cadbury chocolates for both of them. 





All packed up ready to send!!!
So that ends everything I sent.

So onto what I received. As I said last year I was lucky enough to recieve makeup from Ulta as well as other brands unique to America this year I was second time lucky not only being paired with another American Santa but also a Santa that likes to shop at Sephora!!! I was so excited when I opened the box!!! Not only did my gifter include all makeup items she was also able to get some samples to send as well. 



Kat Von D Lip Love Lip
This is a lipstick and lip gloss duo. The Lipstick is a mini studded lip stick in the shade Lolita and the lip gloss is a mini everlasting liquid lipstick in the shade berlin. Lolita is a pink nude shade that I am thinking on its own will make for a great my lips but better look. Berlin is a little bit bolder in comparison this is a deep but bright pink that will make a good statement to any look. Both have a matte finish.  







Bite Lush Lip Trio 
These are three lip glosses in the shades Rambutan, Currant and Strawberry. Rambutan and Currant are neutral colours in this trio with Rambutan slightly lighter than current. Strawberry is a light pink. 





Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in the shade Nude 
Heard so much about this and so excited to give this a try!!! From what I have seen it has great coverage and is long lasting. 



Sephora Mascara and Eyeliner in the shade Evening Blue
This is a glittery blue black and silver eyeliner and mascara in one, I could not wait to open it to find out how it does both!! The wand end has both a mascara bristles and small eyeliner brush its really cool and I cannot wait to try!!! 



Buxom Vanity Lash Mascara with Full and Fabulous Brush in the shade Show off Black
Again so excited I love mascaras and especially ones that give volume!!!




Glam Glow Samples
A sachet of Glam Glow PowerMud Dual Cleanse treatment, a sachet of ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment  and a sample of BrightMud Eye Treatment. Its the first time I am excited to see sachets glam glow is something I've only seen and heard reviews of via youtube happy to be able to try it myself!!



Algenist Alguronic Acid and Propeptide3 Firming and Lifting Cream
This is a anti aging firming and lifting cream that contains a property created by san francisco scientists. It sounds interesting!!!



Cyndiband elastic hair tie 
This is the cutest thing ever!!! Its not only a hair band but its branded with the benefit cosmetics logo so cool!!! I doubt I will ever bring myself to use it as a hair tie but its so fun owning a makeup labeled one!!! 


So many goodies!!! That ends this post as you can see I have been extremely spoiled this Christmas and I cannot wait to try everything!!! I hope you've had a very Merry Christmas and are ready to party into the new year!! Until next post Happy reading and Happy Shopping

Everlynne.  

4 comments:

  1. The gift exchange sounds like fun, I definitely would love to participate sometime in the future. You received so many awesome goodies from your partner and that bag you sent is gorgeous! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yes definitely try and join in next year!!!

      Delete
  2. YAY! So glad you are excited about your gift. Staying close to the $25 challenge was hard, but the ladies at Sephora and I had fun shopping for you. I may have to go back and share your blog with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again!!! And yes the budget was a bit hard I ended up going over in the end!!! Feel free to share the post and thank them for the help from me!!

      Delete