Saturday 26 September 2015

A Healthy "Summer" Glow!!

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well!! Earlier in the month I was contacted by the social media representative from Aloha.com who asked me if I was interested in writing a post about my tips to achieving a healthy "summer" glow all year round. While they were very happy for me to put a makeup focus on this one. At the same time they also wanted me to incorporate my favourite healthy recipe. While makeup I love and can write about. Food and cooking really isn't my strength!! Aloha however have a great section on their website for recipes!! That look so yummy even I want to try!!  So as you can probably tell by now Aloha are a company that are focused on everyone being able to lead a healthy lifestyle and their website promotes being able to do this in the most simple, easiest and honest way. Their website is really easy to navigate and has a great easy to read magazine that I have enjoyed reading over the last couple of weeks. 

OK so onto my top makeup products to achieving a healthy "summer" glow all year round!!! 




Now for me living in a Australia where we get summer pretty much all year round anyway,  I am always looking for a good option when it comes to protecting my skin from the sun, heat and all the other effects it can have on the skin. While tanning can give that gorgeous glow to the skin there's a fine line between brown and burnt and in all honesty neither is good for the skin any way!! At the same time though for a day of fun in the sun I want something that looks natural, protects my skin and at the same time giving me a sun kissed glow before I've left the house.


Chi Chi Super CC Cream with Caviar Extract SPF 30 Shade Medium.
After loving the BB cream in the same line I just had to try this one. It really is more than just a CC or Colour Correcting cream. It has a light to medium buildable coverage that goes on smooth, evens out your skin making it look flawless. Its also light weight and even with the SPF 30 it doesn't feel or smell like sunscreen. It gives the skin a nice beachy glow which is always nice even if your not spending a day out in the sun and it does all this without making me look too oily. 





OK so these next products are for when I want a glowy look but I want to be a little more selective about it!!!!

Initially you would look at the next two products I am going to talk about and think yeah seen heaps of youtubers rave about those great for hiding dark under eye circles. At the same time most probably don't look at concealer and instantly think of glowy makeup. But trust me these two can do both. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer 10 Fair.
OK so I have raved on about this enough over the years so I won't go on too much more but I have to say great for covering dark under eye circles and brightening up the under eye area. At the same time it has gotten a little bit too light over time particularly when I am a bit tanned so I love applying this over lightly applied foundation cheek bones, a little above the brows, down the centre of the nose, cupids bow and on the chin. A great matte highlight but blended out with a little more foundation gives you look a great glow from within. The sponge tip makes it so easy to apply and the product itself is so creamy and blendable.

Rimmel Match Perfection 2 in 1 concealer and highlight in 060 Natural Beige.
Like the maybelline instant rewind this concealer is great for under the eyes and because the colour matches my skin tone a little better,  I love just applying it to the areas I want highlighted blending out when I am on the go. It just gives a soft highlight to the skin that looks natural and its brush application makes it so easy to use.





Now you all know by now that I love a good multitasking make up product and these next three do just that. They add colour, warmth and of course glow to any makeup look they stand alone as well as pair well with others and two of them are great not only on the face but dusting down your neck and decolletage as well!!!

Youngblood Mineral Raidance in the shade Sundance
This is a gorgeous blush, bronzer and highlight that adds just a beautiful warm glow to any makeup look. It is shimmery but it isn't too overpowering. As you can see in the photo it is well loved and I love it particularly because you can customise the shade easily dipping your brush into just one or two of the colours but I do also love them swirled together. It is quite pigmented and at the same time easily blended. Which is also great along the decolletage area for a bit of extra glow on a night out.







Me Me Me Goddess Rocks Luxury Bronzing Rocks 
These are gorgeous little pebbles of gold, copper and bronze that used with a fluffy brush give a perfect all over glow to the face and body. I love the glow that it gives and great when you just want a simple sweep of something all over the face. They are a little glittery and powder can get all over the bathroom bench but the finished look is worth it.





Maybelline FaceStudio Master Highlight Hi-Lighting Blush in the shade 30 Coral  
I have not owned this for long but I include it as its the first blush highlight I have been instantly impressed with in a long time. Its got just enough blush/highlight mix that it gives the perfect amount of colour and highlight to the cheeks not too overpowering with shimmer or pigmentation easy to apply and great for everyday.




Now the last product I want to talk about before this post gets too long!! Is the quickest and easiest way to add a natural glow  to your makeup I have found yet. 

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter 
This little pencil from Chella is so easy to use and its pencil application is accurate and easy to apply the product itself is quite creamy and easy blend out even if its just with your fingers!! When I am in a rush or just want an instant brightening to my makeup I love applying this to the inner corners of the eyes and a little on the cheeks blended out. It also pairs well with bronzer for an easy highlight contour look. 




So that ends this post on my top products for a healthy summer glow I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed writing this one. Thanks to Aloha.com for asking me to write this one. Don't forget to check out their website!! Until next post happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne.



  ****Disclaimer: While I have been talking up this company during this post. I am in no way affiliated with them and I have not received payment for this post. All products spoken about within this post I have paid for with my own money. All comments and thoughts expressed are my own.****



No comments:

Post a Comment