Friday 11 September 2015

August/September Favourites

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well. Originally I thought I was getting in early as I wrote most of this post half way through last month but sadly my wedding planning took over and I was never able to add pictures and have this post go live. So I thought I would add a few products that I have been loving from this month and just tell you about all the stuff I've been loving from both August and September!!!!



Maybelline 24hour Color Tattoo in the shade 25 Bad to the Bronze 

This has been my go to shadow since I bought it and its one product that has left me wondering what I did before I owned it. It just the perfect all over lid colour that is so easy to apply. The product is soft and creamy and blends easily over the lid just with your fingers so simple and liner mascara and your out the door!!! It also pairs well with most of the other eyeshadows in my collection, it also lasts all day and is fairly easy to remove. 



Essence I Love Nude Eyeshadows in the shades 05 My Favourite Tauping and 04 Sweet Like Chocolate.

I bought these after seeing them advertised by essence via instagram. I've always enjoyed essence shadows and was interested to see these as there are a a mix of matte, satin and shimmer finishes in the range. My favourite tauping is a matte taupe shade that is very similar to tease from the urban decay naked 2 palette just slightly more brown. It makes for a great overall lid colour when wanting a completley matte look and a great transition shade as well. Sweet like chocolate is a bronzey brown that has a satin finish. While it does pair well with the other shadow it also holds its own for an easy one shadow look. I really love how easy these shadows are to apply, their pigmentation and they're reasonably travel friendly as you can see by the pic the print on the top has worn away quite easily.



Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter 

I was actually gifted this one via a bellabox promotion on facebook allowing you to choose an extra product for your bellabox. To be honest even though I replied I hadn't thought I would actually manage to get something extra as usually with these things its limited amounts to go around. I was lucky enough to get this extra to my last BB. I had been wanting to try since receiving the contour version of this product in a previous bellabox. I have to say now though that I have actually used this product more than the contour one. Together they make a great pair and I have been really trying to perfect contour and highlight of late but this highlighter is just the perfect shade not too gold and not too white. Its smooth to apply, blends easily and is also matte so no glitter particles. It not only makes a great face and cheeks highlight its also great for the inner corner.



Lucas Papaw Ointment 

This has always been a go to for me and I have raved about this many times before but I recently picked it up with the lip applicator and I haven't looked back since. It just makes the product so easy to distribute over your lips and is way less messy than using a finger to apply. I also find the smaller size tube has made it a bit more pocket friendly.    




Anatomicals the buff stuff citrus body scrub.

This was a impulse purchase while in Target one day I didn't really need a body scrub but something drew me in and next thing I knew I couldn't wait to try it. The smell of this one is just so citrusey (not a word I know) and the buffing particles while a little rougher than I am used to they aren't too harsh and scratchy and they leave your skin feeling so soft and smooth.  



Lorraine Lea Microfibre Face Cloth.

I had discovered a long time ago that a microfibre cloth is a great option for taking makeup off. Introduced to the cloths via a beauty box it was given to us as a way of removing unwanted fake tan from the skin as I don't fake tan and wasn't going to start. I tried it one night to remove my makeup and it worked perfectly. It was many year later and earlier this year that I was  re introduced to these cloths via Lorraine Lea and I really haven't looked back since. It really is a great way of removing a hard days makeup simply with water and they really do make it easy to remove everything off your face including liner and mascara. In winter especially it has been nice as you can be in a warm shower and apply the warm cloth to your face to not only melt away a days makeup but also relax after a hard day. Now I have to say that they do get quite dirty and it seems that once it has a hold of your makeup using water alone does not wash it all out so I do recommend using you shower gel or shampoo once your done so it clean to reuse the next night. 



Models Prefer MPA101 Airbrush Foundation Brush
This has been my go to brush so far this month and given I am a bit lazy with washing my makeup brushes over the last month it has been a bit of a re discovery given they are all now clean and ready to use again. This brush is really an all rounder don't be fooled by the airbrush foundation title. It is prefect for foundation application, apply and blending product flawlessly. But its also great for blending out concealer and buffing in powder as well. It also double nicely for bronzer its the perfect fit for me for contour as well being small enough to add blush to your look. I love the softness of the bristles and the fact that the brush isn't too heavy making it easy to handle.





Sigma E25 Blending brush.
Again a go to this month. The E25  was my first ever Sigma brush so I guess I am a bit bias when I say I love it and when admit that I like it so much I actually own two!! I love using this for applying shadows to the crease but this month I have discovered just how good it is for cream shadows both application and blending. This brush is small and dence enough for me to pick up cream shadow sweep all over the lid but fluffy enough to be able to blend out and into the crease have love this for a quick eye shadow look of a morning!!! 



Ok so that ends the favourites for August and September I hope you enjoyed it. 
Until next post Happy reading and Happy shopping!!

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment