Sunday 10 July 2016

June Favourites

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well. It has been forever since I wrote a proper monthly favourites post and I love writing these posts so I am disappointed with myself that I haven't included one on my blog for so long. Everything this year has been really busy so over the many months I really haven't had too many new products or rediscoveries to talk about. But this all changed in June. I made an effort to change up my makeup bag, rediscover products from my makeup draws and I actually bought some new items!!! Its been a good month in makeup and now I have a few things to talk about.



Covergirl Stay Luminous shade 342 Medium Beige and Loreal Infallible 24h matte 22 Radiant Beige.
This has been my go to foundation combination for probably the last two months. I love different aspects of both these foundations but on their own I just find myself wanting more. In regards to the Covergirl I love the medium coverage and finish of this foundation it goes on smooth, blends well and builds without looking cakey and while I am aware that luminous foundations aren't really the best for longevity on combination skin even on the less oily parts of my face this foundation just does not last all day. The Loreal is also really great going on smooth, blending and building well and I do get great all day oil control but a lot of the time this foundation looks too matte to the point of looking a bit mask like. Together however I get everything I want in an everyday foundation. Easy to apply and blend, build. Medium coverage, oil control and all day coverage that looks natural.  



E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo in Fiji Matte.
I bought this off iHerb in April and for a while not sure why I just didn't pick it up for a long time but during May that all changed I finally opened the box and it really has been in my makeup bag since. It was during June however that it really became my go to. I have tidied up my makeup draws recently pulling out products that I haven't felt suited me or ones that I don't reach for often and put those into my makeup bag to give them one last go before either keeping or finding them a new home. So after so many not so great blushes and bronzers it was nice to have something in my makeup bag that I could rely on. Both blush and bronzer are on the warm side but I have found that so great for the cooler months. The blush is berry tone that gives a gorgeous flush to the cheeks. The bronzer while warm makes a great contour it applies and blends well not too orange or brown. 



Prestige long lasting total intensity eyeliner in bold brown
For a while I have been on the hunt for a brown liner that is as good as my much loved bloom cosmetics brown liner. While this isn't the perfect match to my much loved liner this is nearly as good. The liner itself is smooth and creamy so easy to apply, its so pigmented making it so easy to define the lash line. I do find to create the perfect wing the tip of the pencil is a little wide for me but with the help of a liner brush its very easy to create the perfect one. 



Nivea Lip Butter Raspberry Rose 
I cannot tell you enough times how much I enjoy these lip butter. So smooth, creamy and moisturising. Perfect in the cooler months when everything is dry perfect to slip into a handbag for on the go.



Burts Bees Moisturising Lip Balm in Pink Grapefruit 
Introduced to me in last months Bellabox I have been enjoying this product since first try. As I wrote in my BB review never really loved the minty tingle of Burts bees products in the past and this is the first I have tried that doesn't have the minty effect and I have really enjoyed it. The balm itself is so soft and moisturising really does help protect from dryness and lasts a decent amount of time. 



Pantene Pro V 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner 
I have always loved this conditioner treatment from Pantene and stopped buying it a long time ago as the small tubes it came in just became too expensive and when I has long hair I often used most of the tube for my long hair and when they only came in a pack of three it didn't last too long. Ironically the month I cut my hair short Pantene bring out my once much loved conditioner in a 180ml tube. Despite this however like the colour of the packaging this stuff is gold!! I have never had another conditioner that leaves my hair as nice as this does. Usually my hair feels soft and smooth post conditioning but is often so slippy that it becomes really unmanageable and hard to style I also find that the soft and smooth feeling doesn't last. With the 3 min miracle my hair is soft, smooth, manageable and even on day three my hair still feels good. I recommend you try.



So that ends my favourites for the month of June. What are your favourites I would love some new products to try?? Until next time happy reading and happy shopping.

Everlynne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment