Saturday 27 August 2016

Bellabox August and July Review

Hey Readers, 

I hope this post finds you well. Another BB has arrived at my door. It does not feel like a whole month since the last box so I was semi surprised to see this arrive but despite that I have tried all the product from last month so I will start by getting into my review. 


Klorane Shampoo

This was a great addition to the box for last month and despite the fact I had already tried it and wasn't that excited to see it included it was one of the first things I used out of the box. Having short hair now also meant I got two goes out of the one bottle which is nicer than using nearly a whole sample just for one wash!! As I said previously a decent shampoo, washes well but not the greatest scent.

Klorane Conditioner 

This I was very interested to try this one and really enjoyed using it in conjunction with the shampoo. It definitely helped to detangle my hair and left it really soft and smooth but still manageable which I enjoyed.

Physiogel Calming Relief Lotion 

OK so I fibbed a little at the start of this post!! I haven't acctually tried this one at all. I have so many lotions on the go at the moment that I couldn't bring myself to open another one I will eventually get to this one I promise!!

Gosh mono eyeshadow
I was really really excited to try this one and before I had even gotten a chance to dip a brush in I had already seen via youtube and read on instagram that this is a slightly disappointing product. I have to admit the first time I tried I wasn't wowed. It went on smooth but I had to build it up to get decent colour payoff but I was determined as I really like the colour. I found the best way is to wet my brush with a bit of makeup setting spray before dipping the brush in it makes for a great eyeliner when paired with an angle brush!!!

Revo Lip Balm
Was exited to try this one as well and I have to say that applying a rounded lipbalm takes a bit to get used too. Its a quite sweet scent too but really moisturising I apply it before I apply my makeup of a morning!!

Baimeni Hydrating Face and Eye Serum
This was a bit off a miss product for me. Not only is it really hard to get the lid off the bottle the product itself was quite runny making it hard to apply easily and I also found that a few drops didn't really go a long way and I don't really see a difference in my skin.


OK so onto August BB and this box comes with the theme Complexion Perfection Be you Be flawless!! So lets get into whats inside.....



EM Cosmetics The Great Cover Up Ultimate Concealer  received the shade Light Warm 9ml 
This is the hero product to the box this month, not only did we receive an email from BB saying all subscribers would get one we also where invited to have the option to choose our shade. I was excited to try but missed out on choosing my shade but given the hype saying that this concealer lends itself to being a multi purpose product (concealer, contour etc) I wasn't fussed. This brand is the creation of  youtuber Michelle Phan and I have to say I hadn't heard of her or the brand until now!! The concealer apparently is light weight, blends easily and leaves a natural finish. I received the shade Light Warm which while I haven't tried I feel may be a decent match. Excited to try!!!



Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream received a sample 5ml full size is 50ml.
This cream is said to deliver long lasting protection, hydration and nutrients to the skin. Not super excited to see another Avene sample but nonetheless happy to try.

Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion received a sample 5ml full size is 50ml 
This is the light weight facial cleanser to this range that helps to protect the skins natural barrier soothing redness, tightness and itching. Happy to try this in conjunction with the cream. 



Nivea Cream Fairy Tales Edition received a full size 150ml 
This is nivea's much loved rich cream all over body moisturiser just in limited edition packaging. Am happy to see this included loving the packaging!!! But as I said previously have so many body moisturisers on the go at the moment that it will be a bit of time before I get to this one.




JAK Organics Face Wipes received a full size pack of 25 
These face wipes are infused with rosehip and coconut oil, they are 100% natural and say they will hydrate, nourish and moisturise.  Always love a good face wipe so happy to see these included and give them a try. 



Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Bust Lift and Firm Cream and Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Heat Activating Slimming and Firming Serum received a 5ml sample of each full size are 200ml.
This is the bonus sample to the box this month. The bust lift and firm cream claims it will act as an invisible bra allowing you to achieve a firmer, fuller bust. While the Heat Activating Slimming and Firming Serum says it will help to reduce fat accumulation from the waist, tummy, hips and thighs. I am not too sure about the claims for these products and to be honest I don't feel I really need products like these but at the end of the day probably best to try a sample size first!!



Ok so that ends BB for August. If I am really honest, while all the samples I have received reflect the theme this month I am not really wowed by what I have received. There are a lot of creams/lotions/serums included. I would have like to see more variety here and maybe some more makeup!!! But I guess that is the luck of the draw. I will try and give you my thoughts next month!! Until then happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne










No comments:

Post a Comment