Saturday 6 August 2016

Mascara Madness #14

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. This week I am back again with another Mascara Madness post. I have not posted one of these in a while and I have to say that my collection of mascaras to talk about has really piled up. I've had a lot of trials and tribulations with mascara over the last five months so while I have some loves, I also have a few loosers in the mix as well. As usual I will compare the pitch to the reality to each of these mascaras so lets get to it!!!



Photo Finish Colour Lash Back in Black 
The Pitch: There isn't one!! This is a brand that I have only found in Target stores and with its price tag of $2 I picked it up on a whim thinking that I might find a good product for under the price that a mascara generally goes for!!!


The Reality: Its a decent mascara, definitely defines the lashes and lengthens but the wand its quite tricky to use. A straight brush with ball like end does take a little bit of effort to work through the lashes, at the same time though the end is perfect for getting inner and out corner lashes as well as being good for the lower lash line. The only downer is that I did find this one flaked a little throughout the day which is never a good thing.



Daisio Volume up Mascara 
The Pitch: No Pitch available with this one either and once again a mascara that is lower in price that what you usually pay.

The Reality: This is a great mascara for when you want defined lashes but you want a natural look. It defines without making it look like you've got mascara on really (think your lashes but better!!!) Great for a minimal makeup day or when you want defined lashes but don't want to take away from your eyeshadow look. And with a price tag of $3.60 such a good buy!!! 



Australis Lash TLC Tender Loving Care Conditioning Mascara
The Pitch: Australis Lash TLC Conditioning Mascara provides enviably lush-looking lashes, and contains ingredients that help protect and nourish the delicate hairs growing from your lids. Vitamin E protects lashes against free radical damage, while Vitamin B5 nourishes and conditions lashes so you can fight breakage and reach lengths, heights and a curl-factor you never before thought possible. The inclusion of silk powder gives you softness and aids in fine texture for naturally full, delicate and long-looking lashes.

The Reality: Beautifully defined and full lashes that enhanced look but still natural and the colour is such a dark black that it almost gives the illusion of liner on the lash line. Now sadly i have recently discovered that Australis has discontinued this mascara :( which is disappointing hopefully they will bring out something just as good in the future.




Maybelline the Colossal Mascara Volum Epress Cat Eyes.
The Pitch: Now colossal volume gets a feline edge: Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes' collagen formula and Claw Brush plump and spike out lashes at the corners for a wild cat eye look.

The Reality: Honesty I prefer the original version of this mascara. This one just did not wow me. While wand is slim line and really allows you to get to the bottom of the lashes and pushes them up as it goes and also is great for the bottom lashes. I just found the formula a little sticky and also found that apply two coats and it started to clump my lashes. I also don't feel it gives my lashes any volume at all.




Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara Super Long 
The Pitch: The Holy Grail of Mascara formulas! No More Panda Eyes! Now with extra fibres for extra length! A revolutionary breakthrough, the Award Winning Secret Weapon 24 Hr Mascara targets each individual lash by forming unique tubes of colour to amazingly lengthen, and thicken your lashes!

The Reality: I love the original formula of this mascara so I had really high hopes for this one. The brush itself is tapered which makes it really easy to apply this one and it does give great definition. But I don't feel I get the length and thickening that it promises it also can get a little sticky and clumpy with too many coats.




Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Go Extreme Leather Black 
The Pitch:  Our first mascara with a superloading wand adds an extra shot of volume onto our biggest brush for Bold, Leather Black intensity!

The Reality: This is a great mascara for instant volume and dark black lashes. It gives great definition lashes look full and fluttery the wand while tapered is quite large so while its easy to catch top lashes the bottom ones are a little harder. The formula is quite thick so its not an easy mascara to work with if you want to layer up. It does take a little bit to dry apart from that a decent version in this line.




 Maybelline Great Lash Big 
The Pitch:  Bigger brush for great big live-it-up lashes! The Great BIG Brush plus volume-building formula gives great BIG lashes. Volume builds with each coat - no clumps or globs

The Reality: I agree with the fact that it gives your lashes volume and the brush definetly pushes your lashes up for great definition. The Black colour is also really dark great for defining even when your not wearing liner. It does build ok but I wouldn't say without clumps or globs or flakes (sorry not in the pitch but had to add in). I really only got two coats before I could see excess product on my lashes and there were some days that if I tried to apply this too quick it would clump my lashes straight away. 




Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Waterproof
The Pitch: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retroglam Mascara that plumps and curves lashes for an eyeconic 60's look! The hourglass brush is shaped to the lash line, pushing lashes up and out to create a bold, wide-eyed look.

The Reality: I really love the wand despite being quite large it was really easy to work with and it really gives great definition. My lashes always looked full and fluttery. Like most waterproof mascaras it was a little harder to get off but I love the look it gives you lashes. 





So that ends another mascara madness. I hope you have enjoyed the read and it wasn't too long a post!! If you are shopping for a new mascara I hope this helps your choice. If there are any mascaras you want my to try and review or there is a mascara you want to recommend me to try please comment on this post or over on my Instragram or Facebook.

Until next time Happy reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Everlynne.





Websites that helped with the Pitch: 
**https://bellabox.com.au/australis-lash-tlc-conditioning-mascara
**http://www.ulta.com/volum-express-colossal-cat-eyes-mascara?productId=xlsImpprod4480187
**http://www.maybelline.com.au/products/eye-makeup/mascara/colossal-go-extreme-leather-black.aspx
**http://www.maybelline.com.au/Products/eye-makeup/mascara/great-lash-big-washable-mascara.aspx
**http://www.ulta.com/scandaleyes-retro-glam-waterproof-mascara?productId=xlsImpprod6380081

No comments:

Post a Comment