Saturday 22 October 2016

Mascara Madness #15

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Here this weekend with another Mascara Madness post!! As you are aware I love a good mascara and I tend to try a lot of them, having said that it has been a while since I have written one of these posts not quite sure why but I have a few mascaras to talk about and as usual will compare the pitch to the reality for each. So lets get to it!!



Covergirl Plumpify blast Pro 
The Pitch: The Plumpify blastPRO Mascara plumpifies your lashes with 50x volume boost for full lashes! This volumizing mascara has a specialized, double-action brush that vertically lifts lashes from their roots, guaranteeing plumping without the clumping — A whole new look in lashes, plumpified!

The Reality: In regards to the 50 times volume claim I don't really feel that comes true. It was also a little tricky at firest to use and get perfect results given the nature of the twisted brush and spikes at the tip which in some cases can lead a little bit of clumping. But lashes are definitely left looking fuller and substantially lifted post application and the effects are not too overly dramatic which is why I have enjoyed this mascara I love the my lashes but better look.  



Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama
The Pitch: The patented cup shaped bristles scoops lashes from the roots, coating and lifting them up into a dramatic 45 degrees. The creamy plumping formula is enriched with styling wax to hold the dramatic volume. Use for an intense black colour and a dramatic, sultry look.
 
The Reality: I am not a huge fan of  this one personally. The brush doesn't really comb through my lashes so I found it hard to get a fanned out and separated look. The formula is also quite wet which makes it hard to layer or prevent my lashes clumping. It takes a while to dry and the styling wax mixed into the formula just makes this mascara harder to get off at the end of the day.



Rimmel Wonder'full Volume Colourist 
The Pitch: Reveal darker lashes with and without mascara, Darkens bare lashes in two weeks. Tapered, lash-intensifying brush wraps every lash with blacker than black pigments. In an instant revealing lashes that appear fuller and longer.

The Reality: I bought this as I loved the look of the tapered brush and I do find this shape is great for getting a perfect mascara application given you are able to apply to all lashes including inner corner, as well as the bottom lash line with ease. I find with this mascara I definitely get a perfectly separated and fuller lash. As for the tinting effect to this one my lashes are dark naturally so I can't really tell if it gives a darker effect or not. A great easy to apply and build.




So that ends another mascara madness. Hope you enjoyed reading this one and as always if you are looking for a new mascara this helps your choice!! Until next post Happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne

The Websites that gave the pitch sections to this post:




No comments:

Post a Comment