Saturday 15 July 2017

Fast Five!!!

Hey Readers,  
I hope this post finds you well!! Today I am back with a little bit of a different post. For a while I have been a little stuck for things to write about and at the same time I have not had a lot of time to dedicate to blogging as my day job has been so busy!! Everytime I think of an idea I find myself picking up the same products that I have written about time and time before. I've been wanting to write more about different things. Now don't get me wrong I love my writing about beauty boxes and I love giving my thoughts on mascaras I have been using but I want to change it up. So today I am doing what I am going to call a fast five!! These post will consist of five mini reviews of beauty or beauty related products.  I am hoping I can be as concise as possible to give a good overview without making these posts to long. I am also going to try to stick to products and items that I haven't spoken about before on my blog, items that go under the radar when it comes to the makeup routine and items that may be left out of the Instagram fotd posts but are essentials to my makeup day!! So lets get started......





Lacura Beauty Dual End Contour Angle Makeup Brush
This was a limited edition release makeup brush from Lacura Beauty (Sold exclusively in Aldi Supermarkets). I will be honest from the beginning I did not buy this with contour in mind.  While the angle brush end is soft and fluffy. I find it only really great if I want a diffused finish to my bronzer/contour. I mainly use it to buff out product on my cheeks if I have been a little heavy handed or to lightly apply powder under the eyes. The main reason I enjoy this is the ''contour'' end again I would never use this for  for contour. I love it to apply foundation. The brush is the perfect density for liquid foundations not too tightly packed but not too fluffy. It picks up and applies foundation easily and whether you prefer a buffing or stippling motion I always get a smooth flawless finish. If they ever release more in this line I will definitely give them a try.









Manicare Brow/Eye Defining Brush 
This is the reason my eyeliner is smooth and my winged liner isn't wonky every single day and my use of it is probably my best kept beauty secret!!! I simply cannot apply eyeliner evenly free hand and when I discovered this brush I never looked back!! Densely packed bristles allow you to apply any type of liner easily and smoothly. Its flexible enough to hug the lash line to get a smooth line but precise enough that you get an even wing. I usually use with pencil liner although I do love this with cream or gel liners too.






Make-Up Design (MUD) Flawless Finish Foundation 
I have always been intrigued about supermarket brand (Sold in Woolworths) makeup despite often having the thought that cheap usually isn't always great quality. So after seeing a you Tube video using this foundation I was interested to try. Now it won't be replacing my all time favourite Covergirl Ready Set Fabulous foundation any time soon, but I have to say for a day to day wear to work this foundation its a great option. A light medium coverage this foundation applies so easily and gives a smooth, even and flawless finish to the face. It lasts a reasonable amount of time too, I only really get a work day out of it if I am going out after work I do need to reapply. But I don't find within a work day really require a lot of touch ups. I also find it copes with me going in and out of  air-conditioned buildings to outdoors quite well. 




Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Teal
Ok so I know a lot of you wouldn't consider this high end but when I am considering spending  $22/$23  for an eyeliner I consider it high end. And lets be honest if these liners hadn't been 50% off I wouldn't have even looked. But I really have been loving a pop of colour on my lower lash line or over black or brown liner for day to day. I find its the easiest and quickest way for me to finish my makeup off and add just a little something to my eyes. Particularly good also when I am pressed for time not have to worry about eye shadow palettes, brushes and potential fallout!!! These liners are just so smooth and creamy, easy to apply and colour pigmented. It just glides on and I can go!! and it lasts all day!! Love Love Love!!





Beauty Care Co Eye Makeup Remover Wipes 
Now these are what I was partially referring to in my intro as a product that goes under the radar when it comes to my makeup routine and that definitely gets left out of my fotd Instagram posts. Yet they become such and integral part of my day and I miss them when there isn't any left. While they maybe small they are my go to when I need to remove foundation from the back of my hand after application, perfect for removing swatches when I am blogging about a colour product trying to describe the colour and finish in words or cleaning up a product before I photograph it and always there when I need to quickly clean an eye makeup brush so my shadows aren't mixed together from a previous look. I buy these ones from Kmart and they are 95c which is amazing when the are sufficiently saturated with makeup remover, soft to touch and gentle on your skin they don't leave a wet residue and they also don't dry out my skin.




So that ends the first edition of the Fast Five!! I hope you enjoyed it and that the reviews were sufficient if there is anything you would like me to include in the future, any further questions about these products or a product you would like me to review please do not hesitate to leave me a comment on this post or on my Instagram or facebook page!! Until next post, Happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne



No comments:

Post a Comment