Friday 3 May 2013

April Favorites

Hey Readers!!!
YES we have reached the end of another month!!! Cannot believe it is time for favorites already. I have not only reached for a few old favorites this but also have broken out a few new items that were bought during times of irresistible pricing and didn't really need!! To be brought out when I'd finished the current product I was using.


Swisspers Pure Softness 80 Makeup round pads and Bioderma Sebium H2O Micelle Solution for Combination oily skin 
They first two items are my new go to makeup remover duo. After making the decison to reduce my use of makeup wipes due to the nasty chemicals thats in them and the fact I was finding it hard to find one that actually removed all my makeup. I was in search of a product that cleasend  and didn't require rubbing or resulted in stinging eyes. I was introduced to the Bioderma solution after recieving a sample size in a bellabox I really enjoyed it but at the time wasn't able to afford the price tag. It takes so little effort to just put on a swisspers cotton round and watch you makeup  disappear it also removes mascara and all eye makeup in a few swipes. It doesn't leave the skin wet, or with a residue and dries fairly quick. The reason I mention the swisspers cotton round specifically is that I found they do all the jobs better. I had been using a no name brand version but they would disintegrate when wet they just weren't able to go the distance one round would be done after covering very little area and I found I had to use a lot of them to get my makeup off every night. With these swisspers ones they don't fall apart and you there thick enough to be able to have the solution soak through and use both sides of the round. 



Maybelline New York Baby Lips Colour in Rose Addict
I know this is a bit de ja vu after last month but I had to include this one. In March I mentioned Berry Crush which adds a rosy red colour to the lips, I had really been enjoying, it was just enough tint and moisture combined really great for work. It was trying to find a second tube I stumbled on Rose Addict this is pink and a lot sheerer than the Berry Crush but great just to put on whenever and I think it gives more moisture to the lips. Really loving both. 



Covergirl and Olay Simply Agless Eye Concealer in the shade Light 210 
I had posted a photo on instagram of the powder in this range that I had managed to pick up for $10 at Priceline it was recommended to me by Jodi (Goo Roo Beauty/JodiK76 on youtube)I give the concealer a go and after also seeing Mary (aLovetart on youtube) who uses the eye brightener version (I think that's in the states only I don't think Covergirl are realeasing it here :( ) I thought that the next time I saw it on sale I would pick it up. So next time it was on sale at Priceline I picked it up and as tragic as it was to see my instant age rewind concealer finish!! I knew that this was waiting to be used. It is so creamy and blendable with great coverage it just goes on so smooth and hasn't creased once. I do recommend applying with your ring finger and then blending out with a brush even though I was trying to not put my fingers in the pot going in directly with a brush it just applied to heavy and was hard to blend evenly. 



Essence metallic effect eye shadow in the shade Party all night 35
This is an eyeshadow I have owned for quite a while I picked it up when essence was first realeased in Australia and I still cannot believe that you could find and eyeshadow of amazing quaility that only cost $2!!! This bronze gold colour with metallic effect means there are no other shadows required. Using just a shader brush apply all over the lid and with a fluffy brush blend out and into the crease. The metallic effect means you get that muti dimensional look without multiple eye shadows and without excess glitter and fallout. It is also great to put jut on the middle of the eyelid to give a subtle matte look a pop of shimmer taking a day look to night!!! 



Urban Decay Naked 2
Another palette I have owned for a while and after getting it out of my make up draw mid month I really have rediscovered why I love it so much. My two favorite shades are tease and YDK. Tease is a matte mushroom brown that in a swatch looks like just an aveage pink brown that wouldn't do much but in the crease or to blend out shimmery shades it gives warmth and depth to a look I haven't found another shade can do. YDK is a copper toned shimmer shade that has a silver glitter. This is just the perfect mid tone colour not too gold not too bronze and despite the silver shimmer is still really neutral and wearable. 



Chi Chi Glamourous Nudes Eye Shadow Palette 
Again de ja vu!!! In my february favorites I had just bought this palette and literally fits inside my makeup bag its always with me and I have not taken it out I keep going back to it again and again its really a so many looks so little time palette and this month I have been using alot of the two matte brown shades they make a great base to any look and also the darker of the two shades really is a perfect crease colour it also has been a great companion to both the essence eyeshadow and the Naked 2 palette.



Prestige My Brow Duo in 01 Highlighter Duo
I picked this up at Target for $5 marked down as my local target is no longer stocking the brand but have seen this before at Priceline. I'm really not into brow products so was never going to use this as a brow highlight I bought it for the matte silk end as I wanted to try lining my water line its not something I usually do but seeing it so many times on youtube I wanted to give it a try. While I haven't perfected the lining I have found this duo is really great if your in a rush or have no energy to open you eye shadow palette and get out your brushes. Using the matte silk end just to highlight the inner corner of the eye and the shimmer gold end just to line directly across the lid it brightens the eyes and with mascara you have a whole look that requires so little effort. Being designed for the brows also means does not crease, smudge and wears all day long. It also has quite sturdy lids which means this is perfect for travel and when your on the go not destroyed pencil in the bottom of the makeup bag!!!




Eve Cosmetics Mineral Matte Blush in the shade Adobe
This is an all natural cosmetics line that I discovered at the end of last year not to sure about the products given all on line I waited till a sale to give a try I bought a couple of blushes as I was looking for some matte and I chose this colour as its quite neutral its a dusty pink that looking at online I thought would be good as a subtle cheek colour. When it arrived and I got to try I realised that applied with a light hand and reasonably fluffy brush it gives a great glow but can also be used as a great contour as well and I do enjoy using a contour brush and creating a noticeable line under my cheek bone then using a second blush to blend out and over the top giving amazing depth and perfect glow.



Love love love all the products I've used this month and as its gone so quick I may take them into next month as well!!! I will keep shopping my stash as I have really enjoyed rediscovering items this month and as the weather gets cooler I feel a few changes to my routine will happen!! Untill next month hope you are well and enjoying your day!!!

Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment