Friday 24 May 2013

Lust Have It May and April Review

Hey Readers, 
May is nearly :( I have been really enjoying this month, it doesn't seem to have gone as fast as the rest hence I was a little surprised when this box was delivered. I had been really enjoying trying all the products I had recieved in April so wasn't expecting a new lot just yet. But it is the end of the month :(, my new box is here so time to review the box that was.

LHI April Review
I really enjoyed April's LHI it was packed full of interesting products and I have for the most part enjoyed giving everything a try.

Molton Brown Patchouli and Saffron Body Wash
As I said in my original post the smell of this stuff is quite heady and as a little goes a long way this 30ml sample is still going I've been enjoying this one but given the price tag I most likely would not buy the full size.

Gosh Cosmetics Mono Eye Shadow in 010 Light Brown
This gold toned shade has an extreamly fine shimmer and is subtle on the lid. I have really enjoyed using this just swept over the lid for a neutral look or paired with a coloured liner it makes the colour really pop on the lash line. I have even used it as a contour adding just a small amount of shimmer to a otherwise matte look. Really enjoyed this one wouldn't mind giving other shades a go.

Goldwell Dualsences Ultra Volume Shampoo
Despite being really excited to try this one it was a little bit of a let down. Smelling like watermelon it was really nice to use but it didn't wash my hair very well and I really got very little extra volume bit disappointing!!!

Pink Tiger Duri Cosmetics Nail Tool: Nail File and Lint Free Gauze.
Wasn't really excited by these but did give them the benefit of the doubt and tried. Was a little impressed by the lint free gauze. Despite resembling gauze swabs you use in first aid I was amazed by how well they took polish off although I did need a few bundled together and they did fray removing glitter polish. The nail file is just as regular as any cheap one you can get at Kmart.

John Plunkett Essentials Anti Aging Creme Cleanser and Makeup Remover.
Again a product from the John Plunkett range that didn't disappoint  As a cleanser in the shower it didn't do a lot for me it just didn't foam up enough for my liking. So I have been using primarily as a makeup remover putting on dry, massaging in and removing with a damp cotton round. Absolutley amazed at how it gets rid of all my makeup including gel eyeliner and mascara. I did find that it works better put on dry rather than wet skin first. Amazing am trying to find a store were I can get this one!!!

LHI May
 


The Natural Source Camoflage Colour Lipgloss in the shade Wild Orange 011 
Was excited to see this inclusion I have enjoyed previous products from this company and thought this was a good addition given we are going into the cooler months. While the shade I received is orange it swatches clear, it is a little stickier than I am not used to and it does contain a fair amount of glitter so definitely not subtle!!!



Seacret Buffing Block  
This is a custom designed buffing block that helps create the ultimate looking manicured nail. Not to sure about this product the pamphlet that came with it says all the products mainly skin care are infused with dead sea minerals that help to relax and rejuvenate the skin but it is a little vague on whether that is inclusive of this buffing block. It looks just like a regular buffing block but with a RRP of $30 and the claim of beautifully maincured nails post use I am hoping that looks a deceiving and my nails will soon look stunning!!!



Paula's Choice Clear Anti Redness Exfolating Solution received a 30ml sample full size is 118ml.
This solution has an active ingredient of 2% salicylic acid and says it prevents breakouts and fades red marks, unclogs and shrinks enlarged pores as well as clearing and preventing acne. It is applied post cleansing, can be applied all over the face and doesn't require being washed off. I am interested to try as I do have a few red marks that I would like to fade.



Nude by Nature Pawpaw Ointment 
Initially I was excited to see this included as I do love a good paw paw ointment particularly as it is getting cooler. It makes for a great lip treatment, good for cuts, scraps, dry skin patches etc. I usually use the Lucas paw paw ointment (comes in a red tube) which I know to be 100% papaya. So I was a little disappointed when I read the ingredients list to find that for this one papaya is the second last ingredient I feel its a bit sneaky on the part of Nude by Nature to be branding as a paw paw ointment. But still it smells quite good and contains shea butter, sunflower oil, vitamin E ans Jojoba so will give it a try and see how it stacks up.



Tigi Elasticate and Recharge Shampoo and Conditioner received 2 sachets with 10ml of each product full size is 200ml.
Have never tried this brand of hair products before so interested to see how they go. The Elasticate says it strengthens weak hair to be breakage resistant and the Recharge brings high octane shine to dull lifeless hair. 



So overall an interesting box this month not to sure if everything goes together but I have definitely received a little bit of everything!!!!

Hope this post finds you well, Happy Weekend and I will talk to you all soon!!!
Ever. 




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got the same April and may boxes I got :)

    Just an FYI, Lucas papaw is actually only 39mg/g fresh fermented fruit - only 3.9% papaya. The rest of it is pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly and a bit of preservative. At least the nude by nature chooses to print the ingredient list, and it doesn't contain petroleum jelly. While I like the NBN papaw, I find the scent a bit too floral, especially on the lips.

    ReplyDelete