Sunday 5 May 2013

MUA Make Up Academy Haul





Hey Readers,

I hope this post finds you well!!! I had purchased some products from MUA Make Up Academy mid month in April and really had not had time to sit and write this post. I was going to wait till I tried everything but I just couldn't wait to share!!!!
I was introduced to this brand via You Tube (surprise surprise!!!) months back having seen in a video that they had produced a good dupe palette for the naked palette from Urban decay. I was really tempted but at the time I had also seen that Chi Chi cosmetics had brought out there Glamorous nude palette and as that was easier to get my hands on I went with that. It then came up again I think this time on Instagram so I decided to look at the MUA website. It just so happened they were having a Birthday Sale and most products were half price with a few new products a pound off shipping is also flat rate and pretty reason able so I really couldn't go past. This company is in the UK so bare in mind that you do have to consider the conversion but at the end of the day as most items are under 5 pound its really not a big difference between the pound and our dollar. 


Ok so onto what I bought.....

MUA Undressed Eye Shadow Palette and Undress Me Too Eye Shadow Palette.
These two really are great colour for colour dupes of Urban Decays Naked and Naked 2. As you all know I love a good neutral and I know that I didn't really need ANOTHER neutral palette (or two) but I could not go past at 3 pound which at the moment is roughly $4.40 even if you divide shipping its roughly $5 so I got two palettes for $10 THAT'S unheard of!! Particularly for the quality!!!! They are soft and pigmented and I cannot wait to give them a proper go. I also felt I was better off buying neutrals when I am not overly adventurous with colour day to day I knew they would get some use no matter what. Being quite compact they fit in my makeup bag perfect for travel. I am interested to see how they compare to my chi chi and naked 2 palettes as well as seeing the overall quality and as I have been considering buying other more colourful palettes as well!!! 













MUA BB all in one beauty balm in the shade medium
This one says that it primes, smooths and conceals evening out the skin tone for a brighter and smoother complexion. I really enjoy BB creams and I know our western ones are not in the range of those in Asia but I really like the concept of most giving more coverage than a tinted moisturiser without being as heavy and potentially cakey as a foundation. I prefer light weight and really don't need a lot extra when I'm going to work.



MUA Matte Perfect Foundation in the shade Natural
This is apart of MUA's new line and caught my eye as I have always had issues with shine control. I also felt it could be the answer to not really loving primers and not always having time to touch up during the day. It says it keeps shine at bay all day and I will put that to the test!!! 



MUA Shimmer Kisses Blusher in Pink Shimmer Kisses
This soft pink blush is one that I chose based on being four shades that you can mix and customise!! It's buildable and gives a really nice glow without the glitter!!!





MUA Shimmer Kisses Bronzer in Bronzed Shimmer Kisses
Like the blush this bronzer really gives a wonderful peachy golden glow without the glitter. I also feel that it could be used as a highlighter on the eyes and brow bone.





MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
This is an amazingly pigmented pink toned highlighter and even though I've only swatched it on my hand it doesn't take a lot to get reasonable colour payoff it does remind me of theBalms mary luminizer so I cannot wait to compare the two!!!




MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in the shade Dolly and in the shade Blossom. 
Dolly is a highly primented pink peach toned blush while Blossom is a light pink they are quite buildable and workable but do dry quickly being matte shade I feel they lend themselves to being great for an ever day look or paired with a highlighter for a gorgeous glow!!!




MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stains in Kissalicious, Fabulicious and Fruitilicous 
I bought these as I liked the idea of a matte lip colour that was buildable, long lasting and something that I can pop a gloss over during the day and not have to worry about messing up the colour underneath. 



MUA Mega Volume Mascara in Black/Brown
I'm always up for a good mascara and as I was thinking about another mascara madness post I decided to pick this one up!!! After using the covergirl clump crusher in black/brown I am interested to try another one in this shade as I feel I get a more natural look.





Overall I am very happy with this purchases the MUA online store is easy to navigate and ordering to shipping was quite fast. I received my order within two weeks and everything came wrapped in bubble wrap!!! As I was originally not going to not write this post before I had a chance to try everything. I would like to know if you would of like to see a review of all the products or just one of the products if so leave a comment below, thumbs up/comment on my facebook  page or like the photo on instagram!!! 

Talk to you soon
Ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment