Thursday 20 June 2013

Lust Have It June and May Review

Hey Readers, Hope this post finds you well!!! Another month has gone by and a new LHI box has arrived at my door. Last months box was pretty full though so my review of all the products is below.

The Natural Source Camoflage Colour Lipgloss.
I have to say this company produces some really interesting cosmetics and I am glad to see that going all natural doesn't mean a scrimp on quality or a high price tag. The gloss I received is in the shade Wild Orange and while it was orange in the tube it didn't transfer to the lips. It was super glossy and shimmery so really great for a night out it was however a little bit sticky!! Overall though a great inclusion and would love to other things from this company.

Seacret Buffing Block
I have used this block a couple of times and I have to say that while skeptical at first using all three sides in combination it really does give nails a nice finish. The blue side is just the right grit for smoothing coarse edges as well as fixing a nail post chip. With the other two sides really helping to leave nails smooth and shiny. While I have enjoyed using it I would not pay the $30 price tag!!!!

Paula's Choice Clear Exfoliating Solution
I was hesitant at first given that for me this does contain a high percentage of salicylic acid. But I was getting tired of putting concealar onto a red mark on my cheek that was left by a pimple and hasn't seem to fade away. Its nearly gone and I have to say that is probably due to my just in case measure of not using it everyday. I am amazed it is so quick to apply and doesnt feel like you've put anything on, a few drops on a cotton round applied to the area. It has no scent and dries really quick. I am now thinking I will try on other areas!! 

Nude By Nature Pawpaw Ointment 
OK so in regards to this product I must address a statement I made in my original post. It was pointed out by a reader who also left a comment to say that the Lucas Pawpaw ointment that I have used prior to this Nude By Nature product. Is not 100% papaya but ~4% and that it is also in a pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly base which isn't stated on the tubes or tubs. I have done research myself and I do stand corrected that my 100% statement is not the case, I also agree that it is sneaky that they do not list all the ingredients on the tube, however if you look at the Lucas Pawpaw site they are open about all the ingredients in there products. Overall I have to say that I have not really enjoyed this nude by nature product. The smell of the ointment I have found really over powering. I also usually use this type of ointment on small dry patches on my hands that often present in these cooler months they have neither been soothed or cleared. Its actually really disappointing as I do really like the nude by nature brand and they are really affordable products. 

Tgi Elasticate and Recharge Shampoo and Conditioner. 
I really enjoyed giving these two samples a try but my hair is really long at the moment so I really only got one wash out of each sachet. It makes it really hard to judge whether my hair is really that much stronger or that much shinier!!! Both shampoo washed well and particularly the elasticate one smelt really yummy!! The conditioners also definitely put moisture back into my hair but given I only got one try its really hard to judge whether they are super great or not!!!!



OK so onto June's Lust Have It box. This month LHI has decided to go with a celebration of the release of the new movie The Great Gatsby and have included a few interesting products.



Rachel K Mineral Colour Control CC Cream received four sachets full size is 50ml. 
This is one product this month I am interested to try. This is a new and improved version of the most talked about Korean BB creams. CC stands for colour control and not only says it will improve complexion, texture  and balance skin tone but also includes anti wrinkle properties, SPF, moisturiser and is collagen enriched. I have never used a cream like this before so am interested to see the results. And if they live up to the hype!!!!



Bastiste Dry Shampoo in the scent Cherry received a 30ml size, full size is 200ml.
Iv'e said this before that dry shampoo is not for me so I will be re gifting this one to someone that does enjoy these types of products. 



Pure Fiji Hydrating Body Lotion recieved a sample size, full size is 354ml.
This is another inclusion I'm not to excited about this month. I am not a fan of coconut scented body lotions. This has actually already been re gifted to a good home!!!




Real Purity Natural Lipstick in the shade Romantic Red received a sample size.
A red lip!!! That was my first thought when I read the card after opening this box. And I am excited!!! Although I am not sure if the colour or the red lip look suits me I am really looking forward to giving this a try can't wait!!



Doctor Babor Derma Cellular Collagen Booster Cream sample size only full size  50ml. 
I think the price of a full size of this one is the most expensive I have ever received in a LHI box before. At $249.00 for a full 50ml size this hopefully can live up to the expectation of being an alternative to facial injections!!!



So overall some interesting products for the month of June, I am interested to see how they go!! Comment below if you got the same box or something different or how you are finding any of the products LHI have sent!!!

Have a happy day!!!
Ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment