Friday 14 June 2013

Mascara Madness #3

Hey Readers,

Hope this post finds you well!!! I know it has been a number of months since my last mascara madness post but I have been busy trying some the newest mascaras to be released this year. I also have been wanting to change the way I review these mascaras to give you a clearer view of not only whether they are a worthwhile buy but also if they are living up to the expectations given to us by the companies advertising. Two out of the three mascaras I am reviewing today I bought based on the advertising they had been accompanied by on release. Which got me thinking... Generally I buy a mascara based on price point and recommendations as usually the advertising does tend to exaggerate just a little. Some times they get it right and sometimes we are left dissapointed. So from now on with these posts I will try and compare the pitch to the reality!!!




Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Black Brown
The Pitch: They claim that their new innovative curved brush would not only leave your lashes super volumised by 200% but also beautifully separated with ZERO clumps!!! Covergirl not only used the singer P!nk to promote this one but also packaged it in a fluorescent green tube which is hard to miss!!!

The Reality: 200% volume hmm not really my lashes were volumised but at the end of the day they still looked pretty natural. As for the no clumps this is were this mascara really shines even if you keep layering no clumps at all. It really is amazing and the brush really does separate the lashes nicely. As an added bonus it does come off without to much effort at the end of the day!!! I did pick this up for $10 when it was first released with RRP now $17.95 while I would pay that it still is a little steep for a mascara so I do recommend waiting for a good special!! I did pick this one up in the black brown shade which leaves lashes looking natural but still defined. I feel it is great for work days as well as weekends!!! 





Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara 001Black
The Pitch: A big volume mascara that with lycra technology leaves lashes looking full and voluptuous while remaining soft, not stiff or brittle and its max density brush covers all lashes in one effortless coat. 

The Reality: what you read is what you get this mascara. It has the biggest brush I've seen in a while which does take a little to get used too. So it really does grab and coat every lash in one swipe and you really only need the one coat. Its size though does make it tricky to get the lower lashes but it does give volume and does not leave lashes stiff or brittle amazingly they are soft and bouncy and still volumised at the end of the day. The only negatives I have for this mascara is that the brush does come out of the tube with a blob of product at the tip so it does require wiping before use it also does take a little more effort to get off at the end of the day. Again price point is around the $16.95 mark so once again look out for those good specials!! This one got my attention simply by the inclusion of lycra it is an intriguing inclusion to a mascara formulation not one seen before but does work and it is nice not to have lashes feel stiff, crunchy or dry at the end of the day.






Maybelline New York One by One Volum' Express Blackest Black
The Pitch: Bold volume without the bulk. A patented lash catcher brush which has three bristles per lash to catch, coat and de clump. Leaving lashes bigger and bolder.

The Reality: This mascara is an oldie but a goodie and once again does exactly what its advertising says. Lashes are volumised, seperated and lengthed without clumps, the smaller brush does make it easy to get the bottom lashes as well.  I have to say that this one is my most favored out of the three. Its such an easy mascara to swipe on and go!!! and at the end of the day comes off quite easily. No effort really required!! Price point wise it is a little more expensive at $19.25 so definitely wait for a good special with this one. 





Overall three great mascaras all of which I would recommend you try. While each are different they all still give great lash looks which last all day long.
I would also like to thank the following three websites for there help with each mascaras advertising pitch
http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-products/eye-makeup/mascara/clump-crusher-mascara
http://au.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/volume-flash-scandaleyes-lycra%C2%AE-flex-mascara
http://www.maybelline.com.au/products/109/eyes/mascara/volum-express-one-by-one-washable-mascara/blackest-black/000?shadeId=575
And the Priceline website which I have used as a guide to the RRP's for all three mascaras.
http://www.priceline.com.au/cosmetics/eyes/mascara/

So while this ends another mascara madness I hope it helps with your future mascara buys. I also have lined up another three of the latest mascaras to try and will do another post soon!!!

Happy Shopping
Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment