Saturday 29 June 2013

June Favourites

Hey Readers, Hope this post finds you well!! Once again we find ourselves at the end of another month and as I was compiling my list of favorites I can definitely say that this cold weather has inspired many choices this month!! And  I dare say that the next couple of months Favs will most likely be the same!!



NYX Matte Bronzer in the shade MBB01 Light
This bronzer was apart of my purchases from beauty joint earlier in the year and while I had heard lots of good reviews after trying it I felt it was just too orange!! So earlier this month when I was watching a get ready with me video by MissTango2 (go check out her video to see what it looks like on the skin) and found myself loving the way her bronzer looked, I had to read the commets to find out what she had used. To my surprise I owned it!! I pulled it out of my stash and decided to give it another go. I know realise the key to this bronzer is to use a fluffy brush, I have been using either the real techniques blush brush or multi task brush to both contour and blend from my temples to my jaw line it really makes this bronzer disperse evenly and give a leave a beautiful glow. This one is also matte which means that sweeping it all over doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball!!! I have  really enjoyed it adding both colour and warmth to an everyday look. 






Real Techniques Muti Task Brush
This is quite a new addition to my brush collection, I really like brushes that lend them selves to multiple tasks.  It has been my go to brush for both bronzer and setting powder this month. Its fluffy enough to sweep on bronzer but dense enough to put pick up powder setting your foundation and giving coverage. I also really love  it as it does the job with so little effort and flawless results. Like the other members of the real techniques family it washes well, dries easily and hasn't shed a hair. (I buy my real techniques brushes from iHerb.com if ordering for the first time use the discount code WJQ942 to get $10 off purchases over $40 or $5 off if your total is under $40)






Hot Mama by theBalm
I know I have put this in a favorites earlier in the year but its one blush I just keep finding myself coming back to. I no sooner put it back into my makeup case and I'm searching for it again. It's just that perfect not too pink not to coral blush that has shimmer but its so fine that on the cheeks all your left with is a subtle glow. It's blush I know will look good no matter what!!



Essence Home Sweet Home blush in the shade 02 Wool-d you cuddle me?
Another blush I have been using a lot this month, not only because the print in the powder looks so pretty but also because I get the best of both worlds with this one you have both a peachy apricot side with a strip of peachy pink in the middle it makes this blush really customisable so you can either have blush be more pink or more apricot either way it gives a really nice glow to the cheeks and lasts all day!!! This was apart of the Home Sweet Home trend (collection) released by Essence during April and sadly that does mean it was limited addition :(. But I do recommend trying the blushes that essence release often their limited addition ones are matte but also really great quality for a blush that is only costing you $6-7.



Lucas Paw Paw ointment
I've most likely added this product to a past favorites as well and like my blush I always find myself reaching for a tube of this. My lips have been so cracked and dry that I have really been needing something that soothes and protects as well as lasts a long time. No other lip balm this month really has done the job. I have used it morning, noon and night.





Sigma Blending Brush
If you have seen my bellabox post this month you will know I really haven't owned this for that long but this brush really is amazing!!! Its so soft to touch as well as on the eyes and it blends easily. Whether its blurring harsh lines or getting colour into the crease. I really like the shorter handle to perfect for travel easily fits into a smaller makeup bag when space is tight!!!




Target Free Fusion Pom Pom Sequin Scarf in black.
The winter chill has set in and most of my scarf collection is getting a work out!!! I was going away for the weekend earlier in the month and was in Target looking for a jacket to be able to wear out to dinner I didn't find one BUT I did stumble upon this scarf its long, back and has multi coloured sequins sewn in and pom poms at each end. It not only went with the outfit I had picked for dinner but also went with everything else I had planned to wear. Dressed up and casual this scarf has matched and has kept me warm ever since.  


So that ends another months favorites. Hope you are doing well and staying warm during the cold and wet weather we are having (particularly in QLD)!!!! And Ill talk to you soon!!!
Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Your favourites are so good,I really like the look of that hot mama blush :) Hey, you are nominated for a Liebster award on my blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete