Saturday 20 July 2013

Bellabox July and June Review

Hey Readers, hope this post finds you well!! It doesn't feel like four weeks but it apparently has been four weeks since my last BB arrived!!!! and I have received a new Bellabox at my door!! Wow that has gone quick but I have to say I have now been enjoying this month and most of the products that were in the June box!!!

Streetstart cosmetics Streetgloss lip gloss

As a general rule I don't really use colour lip products. In winter my lips get really dry and chapped so a good lip balm is always my most reached for product. I have also been finding that many lip sticks, glosses and stains dry out my lips despite supposedly having mosturising properties. So this really wasn't my most reached for product from the box this month. Having said that I did take it with me on a night out and I really did enjoy it. Not only did it fit easily into my clutch purse. The slim line brush made it easy to apply, while a little sticky at first that did fade quickly and it did last a decent amount of time.  

Sigma Beauty E45 Blending brush

I am still wowed by this inclusion and have used this brush so much this month. It is just so soft and yet accurate enough to get colour into the crease as well as blend out colour. Have not yet made my order with sigma beauty but I will soon!!! 

Toni and Guy Hair meet wardrobe creative texturing glue
Originally I was excited but I wasn't really impressed my hair is quite fine and soft and long, I found it created more knots and made it harder to style. It also did not really hold my style any longer then hairspray.

Montagne Jenuesse Passion Peel Off Mask

I have never used a peel off mask before and I have to say it was a little bit challenging. This gel mask was sticky and did take a bit to spread evenly and after the 15 mins it was a challenge to lift the edges and peel off I did have to use a damped face washer to remove the residue in the end. Despite this post mask my skin feels so soft and rough patches around my nose have disappeared. 

Emergin C Hyper Vitalizer Cream and Vitamin C+ Retinol Mask

Once again impressed by what Emergin C has to offer I actually found a sample of the cleanser in a box where I keep all my need to be tried sample so I used all three really great results my skin feels smooth and looks healthy.

Brazillian Buttefly Assortment

Have really enjoyed these sample this month. I really liked the fact that we received so many sample across the range of what this company had to offer. I have enjoyed all of the sachets. All the various scents were not overpowering and all the products worked well. I really enjoyed the body scrub the most had an amazing scent and was not too rough would purchase a full size!!! 

Natio Nail Colour in the shade Valentine.

Really enjoyed giving this colour a try. Its such a vibrant orange red which did take a couple of coats to get the colour to the intensity of the colour in the bottle but each coat went on smooth with no streaks and dried quickly. It really has brightened the winter blues this month.

OK So onto this months Bellabox!!! The theme for July is Luxe Beauty Travel and I hate to be negative from the start but once again I find myself receiving a themed box that doesn't quite fit the products inside. Having said that I am happy with most of the products I received and cannot wait to try!!!



Luxe City Guide received the Luxe London edition.
This is a foldout guide to London with information on the city, resturants, bars etc etc probably not going to be the most used item from the box this month but it is the one that most fits the theme!!!!




Yu-Be Moisturizing skin cream received a 3g sample size full size is 70g.
This is a Japanese brand of skin cream and it is glycerin based instead of petroleum based. It also contains Vitamins B2, C and E. The leaflet that it came with says that is is good as both a skin and lip moisturiser targeting dryness, rough and cracking skin with a little bit apperently going a long way. Interested to try this one I like that it can be used on multiple areas (lips, face, cuticles, hands and feet). I also have not really tried many Japanese skin care before!!!




La Fresh Eco Beauty Nail Polish Remover Acetone Free and 100% biodegradable pad in the scent fresh Tuscan orange received one pad, full size is a box of 18 or 20.
As the name says this is a nail polish removing pad that says on the packaging that one pad will remove 10 nails worth of polish!!! While I am interested see if that claim is true and I have not used a product like this before so I am interested to try. I am disappointed we only received one sachet surely BB could have thrown in a couple of sachets!!! or a variety of sachets given that this company do makeup removing, cleansing and body smoothing wipes as well.




Rubifresh Cleanising oil received a deluxe sample (isn't written on the bottle how many ml my rough guess would  be approx 30ml) full size is 65ml.
One product in the box that I cannot wait to try. This is a cleansing oil which if your not familiar is an oil that can remove makeup and impurities without stripping your skin of its natural oils or leaving your skin oily. It is an all natural based product as well and includes olive, apricot, orange, lavender and tea tree oils plus vitamin E. I have heard a lot about this and other versions of these products so cannot wait to try and see how it goes!!!



Furless Elevens recieved 3 day supply full size is 30 days.
These are an interesting inclusion to this box, if you have read my previous posts you will already know that beauty boxes win no points with me sending me anti wrinkle or anti aging products!!! These are patches that you apply to the middle of your forehead in between the eyebrows to relax the wrinkles apparently called the elevens!! Had never heard that term before and I guess that is logical given that is what they look like particularly if you intentionally scrunch your nose up so your eyebrows come together!! Not sure if I will try or not as I said before don't really enjoy these kind of products.





Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy Total Nourishing Care Shampoo and Conditioner recieved 50ml sample of each full size is 200ml.
So I am already thinking about my review for this as I have used these from the box already this morning!!! I have to say so far I am impressed with the results my hair is looking good and smells gorgeous. I think I will enjoy using these samples a few more times!!!! I don't mind this inclusion some feedback to the BB facebook page has questioned the inclusion saying these are cheap supermarket products. I have been disappointed by higher priced and hair salon only products before so its nice to receive a decent sample hat I can get a few tries out of before spending any of my money and one that if I really want to repurchase I can easily pick up when I go shopping.




ModelCo Cheek+Lip tint in the shade Rosy Red received a 5ml deluxe sample full size is 10ml.
YAY!!! a makeup item that isn't a lip product this month!!! Ok so it is for lips too but I will probably use it primarily on my cheeks!!!! I am really excited to try this as I have been using more cream and tint blushes in the past couple of months. Directly from the tube looks quite dark but blended out does give a berry toned glow that is buildable and it smells really yummy!!!!





Libra Hotties Heat Patches 
Alright this gets the award for one of the most random items we have ever received in a Bellabox!!! I get that as females or those that suffer from aches and pains would probably find this a useful item and one that most of us would probably spend money on unless we knew it would work. So credit to BB there for allowing us to try something new. Its just not what I would have picked for this box!!!




For the most part I feel that I will enjoy what BB has sent for the month of July even though a few items I am not completely taken with!!! Overall I can see the travel theme a little bit with international brands, mutli purpose products and all items travel size. It is a great box for experiencing new products and I will look forward to sharing my thoughts in my review next month!!! Until then hope you are all well and I'll talk to you soon!!!

Ever.

1 comment:

  1. A nice range of products we received from BB, I am REALLY curious to see the contents of LHI box this month!

    ReplyDelete