Monday 26 August 2013

August Favourites

Hey Readers, 
August is nearly over and I find myself on a role with uploading blog posts this week, and as I am having a few days off from work I thought I would share my favorites for this month early. But I do apologise in advance for this post being quite long I am enjoying the time to sit and write a bit too much!!!



Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation 200 Soft Beige and Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 in the shade 842 Medium Beige.
After hearing a lot about the Rimmel wake me up foundation on you tube and other beauty blogs I decided to pick it up when Priceline had their 50% Rimmel sale in July. Its a medium coverage foundation that gives the skin a nice glow its not matte but its not overally dewy either. Coverage is reasonable so on a good skin day I find that if I just pat a little extra under my eyes concealer really isn't required. I do have to set this one with a powder though its not because I find I end up shiny during the day its more because this foundation does have glitter particles included. I have to say it is a down side particularly when you can see yourself sparkling looking in the mirror!!! This is were the Covergirl outlast stay fabulous comes to the rescue this is a medium to full coverage foundation that acts as a primer and concealer as well. Initially I really enjoyed this foundation it literally is put on and go no extra concealer or powder required and it lasts all day no shiny slick at the end of the day. But they're were some days I felt I just looked too matte, I found myself looking dry and cakey!! So not wanting to really ditch either from the makeup bag and still wanting the best of both worlds. I decided to mix them together!!! Its the perfect match coverage, concealing and finish that's not to matte and not to much glitter shine either!!!  



Revlon Matte Blush in Rose Rapture

I have always walked passed the Revlon stand due to the fact I find it extremely expensive for what you seem to be getting. But after seeing a sale of their matte blushes on Ozsale.com I had to investigate. There are mixed reviews online and there is very little talk about these on youtube so I did go into Priceline and Target to test and swatch for myself!!! It was hard as the testers in both stores had seen better days, the product seem chalky and colour pay off not that great so I was still hesitant but given the RRP $23.95 and Ozsale were selling them away for $10-12 I had to try I am a bit blush obsessed can you tell :) !!!! At first this blush was really powdery, I didn't seem to be able to get a lot of product on my brush and went on quite sheer I nearly had my first fail for this serious of these blog posts. I should have trusted those dodgy testers!! but I persisted and a second and third try proved me wrong. This is a blush that you have to build and one dip with you brush isn't going to really give you much colour but I like that and have enjoyed building the colour intensity you can have a different blush look everyday without changing your blush. Rose Rapture is a medium pink tone which gives quite a natural flush to the cheeks it been perfect to add colour, warmth and glow to the face, it pairs well with a light bronzer which I use to contour but can still hold its own without. 




BYS Blush in Pinch Me
This was a shopping my stash find this month!!! I got this in a price to clear bin in Kmart when BYS had a packaging change!!! Pinch me is a pink coral shade that reminds me of theBalms hot mama but more pink. It is quite pigmented so a light hand is required and with a light shimmer and blended out it gives a really beautiful glow!!




Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara and Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
This really has been the month for combos!!! This combination was also my go to combination for most of July. But given that I usually use mascaras for about three months this has also been a regular combo this month as well so I thought it was worth telling you about. The Bourjois Mascara was a freebie in the Priceline beauty bag this year and was one of the reasons I wanted to pick it up. But my relationship with this mascara has been a bit love hate!! I love it as the mascara does exactly what it says giving your lashes max volume making them look full, gorgeous and glamourous but hate it as it takes just that little bit more effort to put on. The formula is quite thick so you do have to watch when you apply so you don't over load your lashes making them clump or get excess product on your face. The brush is also quite large so it also makes getting to the bottom lashes difficult again without getting product all over your face or missing lashes all together. This is were the Rimmel comes in. This lash accelerator mascara saves the day for the bottom lashes its smaller brush allows you to extend and define all the lashes without it looking like you have two different mascaras on. So yes there are days were I just want to swipe my mascara on and go but for the days were I have time to put a little bit more effort into va va voom lashes this has been the combination for me. 



Mirenesse Sexy Secret Eyes Primer
Have really been trying to remember the eye shadow primer this month, I've been working some long hours and its nice not to have to think about your eye shadow fading by the end of the day!!! This formula is a more opaque than the australis version of primer that goes on quite clear. But is matte unlike the essence I heart stage eye shadow base and a little of this product goes a long way and blends easily over the lid. It creates a great base and eyeshadows placed over the top lasts all day long which I have really enjoyed. This product can also be used as a concealer and brightener!!!  



Sigma Precision Kit

Please excuse that I am photographing these brushes un washed!! But I have been enjoying them so much that I just keep picking them up every time I put my make up on and haven't had the chance to wash them!!! Most likely I will do a full review on all my sigma brushes later in the year but i had to include these ones as I think so far I have used them the most!!! I also had to include all five in this kit as I have tried them all and can't choose one that stands alone as a favorite I love them all!!! Sigma got it so right with these brushes they are amazing. Primarily I have used them to blend out my eye shadow primer, apply concealer and cream eye shadow. They really are handy and even better than fingertips to apply, blend and smooth product on the eyelids, under the eyes, around my nose, onto blemishes and discoloration.  They are also really soft and not matter which shape you pick it allows product application directly to were you want it and ability to blend it out as well and it seems quicker then using fingers. Again I cannot pick a favorite I have really enjoyed using them all.



Face of Australia Sheer Gloss Lip Crayon in the shade Sundae
Another shop my stash favorite this month!!! I am not an overly confident lip colour wearer so I often tend to stick to a small amount of gloss or just a plain clear balm. I am also terrible at remembering to reapply so often the product is left forgotten in my hand bag!!! Sundae is very natural my lips but better nude shade that is both buildable and really wearable. This colour just glides on so easy is moisturing and long lasting. It pairs with any eye look and is great just to add a little colour whenever!!!



Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion 
I picked this up from priceline when the simple range was 20% off as I have been recently looking for an alternative to my John Plunkett creme cleanser which has been hard to find in store and I really didn't want to have to constantly be buying online. It was the only product at the time I worked out I could use with or without water and I use it the same way as I have the John Plunketts. Applying straight to my skin, working the product all over and removing with damp cotton rounds. It gets off all my makeup including eyeliner and mascara. I not only like the fact it gets my makeup off at the end of the day but also that I can pick it up whenever I need from my local shops or supermarket. 


So that is all my favorites for the month of August I hope this post wasn't too long and you have enjoyed reading to the end!! I hope that the month has gone well for you all!!! As we say goodbye to August, I cannot wait for September, spring and the weather to warm up and more favorites untill then 
Happy reading and Happy Shopping!!!!

Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment