Friday 23 August 2013

Bellabox August and July Review.

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!!! My August Bellabox has seemed to arrive a little late this month so I won't ramble too much I'll just get straight into my review for July and what I have received in my new box!!

Lux City Guide Lux London Edition
Well sadly this month no one offered me a trip to London this month :( so this little guide has sat on my desk unused!! I'll keep it on hand and maybe one day I'll be able to give it a whirl!!!

Yu-Be Moisturizing skin Cream
This little tube intrigued me this month the cream itself is quite thick and has a slight camphor smell but it is so soft and smooth to apply. Initially I was thinking of using it on dry patches on my hands and cuticles as my hands are still not loving the cold of winter!!  But mid this month I ended up with a terrible cold and my lips ended up so dry, chapped and sore that my usual balm just wasn't helping. I applied this lightly overnight and the next morning my lips felt a thousand times better!!!

La Fresh Eco Beauty Nail Polish Remover Acetone Free Pad
I am still disappointed that we did not receive more than one pad in July's box. This pad not only had a wonderful orange scent but it did also take off 10 nails worth of polish with no excessive rubbing or sticky residue left behind I was really impressed and would like to try more.

RubiFresh Cleansing Oil 
This is just an amazing product!! I am still flawed every time I use it at how it just melts away a hard days makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling like an oil slick!!!! 

Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy Total Nourishing Care Shampoo and Conditioner
As I said in my original post I was initially impressed by this shampoo and conditioner especially given the amount of hype that has surrounded it. It left my hair soft smooth and silky I didn't feel I needed any extra treatments or products to keep it manageable. However now I have mixed feelings!!! I did find that this clean feeling didn't last long I really felt at the end of the second day my hair needed a wash and in a busy week were I wouldn't get time to wash my hair till the afternoon of a third day it just felt dry and like straw but if I washed that morning my hair would be great again, I also found you need quite a lot of product to get a decent wash so its for that reason I'm not sure I would repurchase!!

ModelCo Cheek and Lip Tint 
Have used this product a lot this month really enjoyed that the colour is matte and intensity buildable its a gorgeous red pink that gives the cheeks a natural flush and its so easy to apply.

These next two items are the only ones from the box this month Furlesse Elevens and Libra Hotties Heat Patches. If you have read my previous posts you will know that I am not a huge fan of anti wrinkle products as for the hotties patches I actually forgot I had them oops!!  

Get Active is the theme for the August BB and most of the products included in this box are handy for life on the go!! 



Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser full size is 150ml
This product is a naturally based exfoliating cleanser that contains Jojoba beads, saponaria and chamomile. To both exfoliate and cleans the skin naturally. Unfortunately while this product sounds good I only recieved the outer card packaging the tube of product itself was missing from my box. I have contacted BB and they will send me another so I will put pictures and a review into my next post.



ASAP Ultimate Hydration recieved a 15ml sample full size is 50ml.
This is a moisturiser that includes Niacinamide, Hyaluronic acid, Hydrasalinol and Evening Primrose Oil to improve skin hydration, formation and maintenance of collagen, improve skin elasticity, tone and texture. Am really interested to try this product a moisturiser is always a staple in my skin care routine however rushed morning have lead me to forgetting to put in on so this sample size will make it easy to add to my makeup bag.



Ultraceuticals Ultra CC Cream Mineral tint recieved 5ml sample in the shade medium full size is 50ml. 
CC stands for Complete Correction and it says it provides coverage as well as hydration and protection with the inclusion of SPF 30. This product is one that I am interested to try!! I really enjoy trying these alternate versions to a tinted moisturiser or BB creams it also is handy on a good skin day to be able to pop something like this on before light foundation and negate the need for extra concealer!!!



Loreal Base Magique Primer recieved a 5ml sample full size is 15ml
This primer smoothes pores and fine lines with inclusion of soft powders to absorb sebum reducing shine and mattifying the skin creating a smooth surface and allowing makeup to last all day. Don't always think about primers as usually I moisturise before I put makeup on but interested to see what this one is like.



Banana Boat Mineral Protect Sensitive SPF 30+ received a full size 120g
This is a sunscreen that is not only 30+ but also includes natural zinc that remains clear. It is 4 hours water resistant. This will definitely get some use this month as I spend more time outdoors now that the weather is getting warmer.



Talavou Naturals Illuminisor Lustre sample size full size is 8g
This is a bronzing illuminator that can be used as a highlighter on the cheeks and eyes but can also mixed with a moisturiser for an all over glow. 



Tom Organic Regular Tampons 
This is the get active gift from bellabox this month. Not the most exciting gift I've ever received but it is a practical one!!!



So overall another great box from BB liking that they are keeping the variety and standard of the box high. Am interested to try products from a few higher end brands and will give you my thoughts next month!!! Until then happy reading and happy shopping!!

Ever.





2 comments:

  1. quite a handy box, but i still prefer my LHI box over BB this month. Nothing really popped out for me in the BB. Still, I'd use everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have to say looking at everything again they have gone with essentials and your right there is no WOW product this month!!

    ReplyDelete