Friday 2 August 2013

July Winter Favourites

Hey Readers, WOW the end of July has come already!!! In fact by the time I post this we will already be calling the month August!! This month has been really busy and while I have still been shopping my stash as much as I can and have bought a few new items. I really haven't been using a lot of products I haven't already spoken about in previous posts. So I thought I would do something a little bit different this month and blog about my winter favourites. Like most during the colder months my focus seems to be on skin care. I have find my lips become dry and chapped while skin particularly on my hands and face becoming tight with small dry patches. Overall really needing some TLC!!! The products below have really help get me through these cooler times this winter.



Nivea Repair and Protect Lip balm
This has been a new find for me this winter usually I rely on my lucas paw paw ointment to keep my lips moisturised, hydrated and protected. But at work I need something that is twist up and has finger free application. I have tried many others including the humble chapstick. but nothing seemed to be lasting or preventing dryness and chapping. I picked this up one day simply because it was on special at woolies and I haven't looked back since Apart from keeping my lips moisturised, hydrated, helped soothe when they have been chapped and sore it has been really long lasting. I haven't felt the need to reapply every five minutes and at work that has just been fabulous!!! 

Nivea Lip Butter and Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm
This combination has been my go to this winter. The cold and windy weather has resulted in chapped and sore lips for me. At night I apply the carmex first with the lip butter over the top. The carmex seems to exfoliate and really allow the lip butter to get in and calm and soothe. The next morning I wake up with smooth, soft and moisturised lips no dryness or chapping in site!!!!  

MOR Hand Cream Orange Blossom 
I really use this one all year round but this winter it has been my go to. I was recommended by a friend of mine as my job is extreamly hands on, I wear gloves and I also wash my hands multiple times during the day. I needed something that absorbs quickly, protects but doesn't leave my hands greasy or rubs off easily. This is everything I needed in a hand cream post application I can use my computer without leaving a greasy residue, put on a pair of gloves without them sticking to my skin and pick up a pen and write without the pen slipping in my hands. As an added bonus it also smells beautiful.

MeMeMe Seventh Heaven Face Base
This was one of the first full size products I bought after receiving a sample in a bellabox. Its a face cream that not only will moisturise and hydrate the skin but also can act as a primer before makeup application. Personally I've just used it as a moisturiser and for the past couple of months its been my night cream. I like it because its a little bit thick but not overally heavy on the skin and small amount covers my whole face. I like to use it at night post cleansing and I have found that I have had no tightness or dry patches this winter.  

Scarves and Boots
I know I usually only include makeup or skin care items in my favourites but I felt these deserved a mention!! Scarves and boots are two items of clothing I just couldn't have lived without this winter. Boots are a must for the cold weather in my opinion particularly given here in Queensland we've had rather wet and windy conditions. To not only have dry and warm feet all winter but also protection from the damp grass and wet roads has been wonderful. I haven't always been a scarf wearer but this winter they have been my most prized accessory to have that little extra coverage then any jumper or jacket can provide during windy weather, but also preventing the chill on the back of my neck, and being that perfect second layer when a jumper or jacket is just too bulky under my work gear.

Despite the need for extra skin care I do actually enjoy the winter months. I love being able to dress up in winter boots and scarves. Wearing my more berry toned blushes and indulging in warming soups and desserts!!! So I hope this post finds you well and until next month happy reading and happy shopping. 

PS I'm sorry for the lack of photos in this blog I have been having camera issues will make it up next month!!!

Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment