Friday 28 March 2014

Lust Have It March and February Review

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you finds you all well!!! Another LHI pack has arrived and while it seems quite late in the month history shows me that this is the usual time it arrives. I was eager to see this one arrive as I was really hoping for a great box this month. I know I haven't been overally happy with the last couple of boxes but for some reason I felt this one would be better. But before I tell you what arrived for march I will first review February's products.  

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
Was surprised by this one!! It applies so easily and is so smooth. It also dries on your skin but doesn't make up feel tight. It also comes off with a flannel and warm water leaving skin soft and smooth. Have really enjoyed this this month.   


The Cosmetic Kitchen Eyeshadow
It will probably no surprise to you that this was the only product in the box that didn't get any use. I know in the spirit of these boxes and wanting to try something different I should have given it a try but I just couldn't bring myself nor did have I had a month that has really lent itself to try and find out how to make yellow eye shadow wearable!!! 

The Cosmetic Kitchen Cosmetic Brush
While I don't usually apply concealer with a brush I did give it a try with this brush and was pleasantly surprised it does allow a fair amount of control in placing product were its most needed and the tapper at the end of the brush does allow you get to smaller areas ie around the nose but it doesn't blend as well as I would have liked I found I needed to blend out with my finger or a fluffier brush. Where I have used this brush more is applying the Juice beauty mask I spoke about before for some reason I just didn't want to use my fingers to apply so I picked up this brush to help me out it dense enough to pick up enough product that your not constantly dipping back into the pot and allows application to all the tough areas of the face love it!!!

Vaseline Ultimate 10 Anti Aging Body Lotion 
This had sat on my bathroom bench unused for most of the month as I am usually a jeans wearer it nobody generally sees if I've forgotten to moisturise my legs but stepping into a beautiful dress before a friends wedding I realised i'd missed a step in the beauty routine!!! Luckily right in front of me was this lotion. With the little time I had and probably a bit too much product than I needed I literally just slathered it on my legs surprisingly despite my hurried effort the lotion goes on smooth, absorbs quickly and leaves skin smooth and soft I was impressed and even more impressed when the next day my skin still felt as smooth!!! 

Clariol Professional Radiance Shampoo
As I said originally I don't colour my hair so overall all I can really say on this product is that it is a decent shampoo, easy to use leaves your hair clean and soft, does the job. I wasn't really wowed but I am not disappointed either I am happy to keep using it. 

Clariol Professional Expand Volume Moose 
As I mentioned a friends wedding meant styling my hair and I know I said being short my usual updo wouldn't work but playing around I managed to make it happen!!! Yay!! I put the moose in before styling. To be honest didn't really get a lot of volume initially but it did seem to hold my style better and I didn't find my self having to fix half way through the night. The next day however I was putting my hair into its usual pony tail and it was then I noticed the volume factor it was funny but nice to know that this work!!!!

Hand spa Bijoux Hand Wipe
Not quite sure what to say about this one one hand wipe is nice to try but it kinda doesn't give any indication of the products true abilities. It is a nice product does leave your hands feeling soft but with only one try I can't say a lot else. 

I would like to take the time at this point to say that despite being not 100% happy with the last boxes I want to be honest and tell you all that I have resubscribed for another year. I was going to do a separate post of this but I felt that would be a little boring so I will briefly explain myself here. Over the last twelve months of being subscribed to LHI it really has only been the last few boxes that have had me close to clicking the unsubscribe button. If I looked at the other months and the months when I was on a month to month subscription I have always enjoyed what I have received. But at the same time their price increase to $19.95 had left me questioning continuing on. While I had used generally most of the products sent with only one or two from each box given away or not been used at all, I still felt a drop in quality for $20 a month. I was coming close to the end of my current sub and it was at this point LHI sent me and email  giving me the option to resubscribe for another year at a rate at which each box would equal $12.50 per box included shipping. I was skeptical thinking that maybe there would be a further drop in quality with a deal this good but I was also intrigued to see if it would be worth it!!! Overall I still enjoy getting this little surprise package every month and while I can get it for an affordable price I will stay subscribed. 
  
So onto what came in March's pack (I say pack as we did not get a box again this month LHI are changing there boxes so have sent the last two months just in bubble wrap and postage bags. The box you see in the background of my photos is an old one). This is an interesting mix of products and I have to say that I am excited by these ones.



Klara Cosmetics Kiss Proof Lips in the shade 05 Flaming Red received a deluxe sample full size is 8ml
This is an extremely vibrant red lipstick that comes in the same application format as a gloss. Highly pigmented and matte this formula is kiss proof and long lasting for up to 24hours. Will see how is goes!!!



Bloom Eye Definer in the shade Dark Brown. 
I chuckled when I pulled this out as I had just written in my monthly favourites post about how I have been looking for a new brown eye liner. It was also amusing as I then read that apparently we had gotten a choice between a concealer kit and liner via LHI facebook page as I had been avoiding the spoiler alerts I had completely missed this and so just got what I was given LHI had read my mind!!! Its a dark chocolate brown liner that is soft and creamy I am really excited to try!!! 



Orly Nail Lacquer in the shade Hair Band deluxe sample size of 5.3ml full size is 18ml.
This I think is my first Orly polish haven't really looked much at the brand before so I am interested to try. Hair Band is a gold glitter in a clear base, swatched quick on one nail the glitter is quite fine and smooth once dry and one coat gives good coverage interested to see its longevity. 



Chapstick Strawberry Lip Balm SPF 15 
This takes me on a trip down memory lane. I was obsessed with these as a kid and even into high school. I haven't used one for a long time but from what I remember a decent lip balm with a sweet smell!!!



Avedea Intense Hydrating Masque received a 7ml sample full size is 150ml
This is a face mask that includes organic aloe, kelp, lavender and rose water to hydrate, tone, soothe and cool the skin providing relief from dryness stress and exposure to the elements. Interesting ingredients and benefits will give it a try!!!



Recoverlyte Tropical Powder received one 8g sachet full size is 10 sachets.
This is a new version of gastrolyte more aimed at recovery (post a night on the town,  lots of alcholo, no sleep.) This not only gives the rehydration benefits but includes ingredients to give an energy boost as well. I don't generally use products like this as a general rule I like my sleep too much to be out partying late at night. My partner volunteered to try this one he was interested to see what it was like. I did have a small sip but the flavour wasn't that pleasant. His verdict is that the flavour is a little strong but he did like the effervescent factor it seemed to work!!!




So that is it for LHI this month a small selection but an interesting mix of products. Will see how they go and give you my thoughts next month!!!!! Until then Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!

Ever



No comments:

Post a Comment