Sunday 30 March 2014

March Favourites

Hey Readers,
Hope this post finds you well and hope the month of March has been good to you all. At the start of the month I thought March seemed  to be  pretty laid back and that I would enjoy the month ahead not have it pass by in a blur!!! About half way through and things got busier than I had expected and all my intentions of extra blog posts and photos on Instagram dashed!!! Hopefully if I start now I can get a few extra things up for April.

Ok so onto my favourites for this month its a short list but most of these products are new finds that I have been loving and while I will most likely include a few of them in comparison posts with other products later on I will tell you about them first here!!!





Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water All in 1

I bought this when I found it on special in Woolworths it was much anticipated and I couldn't wait to see how it would go. Garnier taking on the likes of Avene and Bioderma both of the cleansing waters I have used and enjoyed is big competition and with such an affordable price point I was skeptical it would be as good!!! As I couldn't wait to try I used this I used it the night I bought it and I'm sorry to say Avene and Bioderma but in my opinion Garnier does it better!!!! This cleansing water is so light and smooth on you skin, it doesn't leave your skin wet or feeling like it has a slight residue and has a much better scent than the Avene micellaire lotion. It whisks away a days makeup with one swipe no extra rubbing required making light work of both mascara and heavy eyeliner!! I cannot believe that for less than half the price of the Avene and Bioderma it does such a great job.




Kosmea  Skin Clinic Rescue Balm

I was introduced to this via one of my beauty box subscriptions a while back and I have been using it ever since!! A combination of rose hip butter and oil, calendula oil, shea butter and lavender oil just to name a few this little pot is amazing. This balm clears skin blemishes, helps with dry patches and all round just makes my face look smooth and feel soft I use it at night mainly so that it has time to work, waking up in the morning to healthier looking skin. I am really enjoying it and might have to consider buying the full size.




Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Red Dahlia

This month I have been having a lot of issues with my lips being dry. As a general rule I have dry lips and the skin tends to chap quite easily this is part of the reason I am not a huge lipstick/gloss/tinted balm wearer as I find most of them don't last on my lips and tend to dry them out making the problem worse. I always have to have a good lip balm on hand to keep dryness at bay anyway. But I wanted something different and as I have been sorting through my lip product stash to sort whats hot and whats not, I came across this balm. I won a competition a while ago and this was a part of the prize and I had never opened this so thought I would give it a try. The balm itself is soft and smooth gliding onto your lips with ease, it lasts a long time on the lips and helps keep them hydrated, and yes it does have a slight red tint but it doesn't seem to dry my lips out like other tinted products do. I have really been enjoying this and will most likely purchase others as we get closer to the cooler months.





Essence Kajal Pencil in the shade 08 Teddy
Early in the month I was looking for a new matte brown liner while my Revlon one has served me well it has seen better days and I was looking for an alternative to replace it. Thinking I would also get a chance to write a one brand post on essence this month I started my search with this brand. I picked up this Kajal pencil in 08 Teddy and one of the 24hour stays no matter what eyeliners in 02 stunning brown. While the 24hour liner should have been my pick as it ticked all the boxes of my previous liner (dark almost black brown, matte, quick and easy to apply)  I found myself reaching for the kajal pencil more. Teddy is more of a bronzy brown and it does have a sheen to it over being completely matte but its so soft hand glides on it also is really precise even when you've lost that sharp point of the pencil its also so easy to smudge and smoke out I have really enjoyed creating a wing and softly smudging it out and its not as intense as a black and the best bit is that the lid fits on the end of the pencil great for if your like me and always loose it in your cosmetics bag or in the mess of makeup on your bathroom bench!!!!




Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream 
Originally I spoke about the Vanilla Macadamia version of these lip butters last winter and usually in the colder months these have been my go to. But due to having a lot of issues with dry lips this month I have pulled them out early. Not only am I using this as a treatment at night I am also caring round a tin in my handbag for during the day. While the Vanilla Macadamia is still on the go (so much product in these little tins) the Caramel cream I have been using during the day its still as extremely moisturising as the other but its consistency is a little less thicker and lighter. Will keep these out until after winter now!!! 




Models Prefer DD Cream in the shade medium
Really wanted to put up an individual post about this DD cream this month, I've been loving it so much. But I just haven't been able to get it up so I will talk about it quickly here first. This has been my go to base this month. It is so easy and quick to apply (less than 5mins) a medium coverage it builds and blends beautifully and I find on a good skin day I don't require extra concealer its been so good particularly on those days were I just don't have time to muck about!!! Really loving it and even bought a second tube in the recent priceline sale!!!




Formula 10.0.06 Three Times Sublime 3 in 1 Blackhead Wash + Scrub +Mask

Was actually looking for a pore refining scrub as this month I have taken issue with how obvious my pores seem to be looking. So into priceline I went.... Originally I picked up the one smooth operator which is the pore refining scrub in this range but the oat zinc pumice combination just didn't sound that great to me. So I looked at the other options to find this pink grapefruit and jojoba three times sublime and the  first thing I saw written on the front 'multi tasker' perfect for me!!! It smells so good and has a great formula to boot. The cream wash to scrub ration is perfect and the scrub particles themselves are gritty enough that they get the job done without scratching your skin but it is a thicker consistency which makes it great as a quick in shower mask (I put it on when I add treatment to my hair and wash it off when I wash the treatment out roughly probably 2-3mins) and it also foams up enough to be a wash. It leaves skin soft and smooth. I have really been enjoying this this month and while it doesn't diminish my pores, to be honest most of the products I have tried that say they will haven't so I guess I have to learn to live with them!!!




So that ends my March favourites!! Until next month, What have been your favourites this month?? Anything good for hiding pores leave a comment below!!! 

Happy reading and happy shopping!!

Ever.

1 comment:

  1. Some great favourites! Love the micellar water :)
    Amazing blog!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete