Saturday 1 March 2014

February Favorites

Hey Readers,
Hope this post finds you well!! WOW a new month is already here and as February has been so busy I haven't had a lot of time to change up my makeup, so have stuck with favs from previous months for the most part. However I have tried a few new things and have rediscovered a few things so while this post will be short I have not spoken about many of these products before!!!




Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay 

As you may or may not know Urban Decay have just released the third version of these palettes and after much hype then seeing the palette itself I really wasn't interested to seek it out but for some reason it did make me want to get out my naked 2 palette. I have not used this in a long time and I'm not really sure why I put in back into my draw but I am really happy I pulled it out again. I think the last time I spoke about this in a post I was obsessed with the shades chopper and half baked, blackout. This month I have used a lot of suspect, snakebite, YDK and Busted, And for my Valentines day look I used foxy all over the lid and tease in the outer corner and crease I really just wanted a simple, natural no makeup  look for dinner with my other half. 




Mineral Glow Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in the shade Soft Beige

Up until last month I was subscribed to LHI FAB (Fashion And Beauty) box. I chose not to blog about it simply because I wasn't sure if I was going to subscribe long term, after three boxes I decided that it wasn't for me and wasn't worth the dollars either so unsubscribed. There weren't too many items that really stood out for me but this foundation powder is amazing. I first used it for a friends birthday early in the month it was a Sunday afternoon BBQ and wanted a  natural look and makeup I didn't have to fuss over throughout the evening. I used Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream as a base and buffing this mineral powder over the top it gives the skin a natural glow and isn't glittery. The powder itself is light and soft so easy to apply with a fluffy brush. Have repeated the look throughout the month loving the soft glow. I also love that it has a twist closure so when travelling the powder doesn't come through the sifter like most loose powders and make a mess!!!. 





Australis Primer 

This was apart of a pack of Australis goodies I bought last year and it had sat unused in my draw for ages. I am not a huge primer girl as I often forget to put them only to remember after my foundation is done. But I've been having issues with my makeup staying on this month the weather has gotten a lot hotter and I seem to be sweating off my foundation before Iv'e even finished the rest of my makeup at the same time my oily T zone seems to be on over drive and the shine line down my nose seems to appear before I've finished my coffee in the morning!!! This Primer is probably the most simplest of all the primers I've ever looked at with all the packaging saying is that it will prevent foundation fading, smooth and refine skin texture, locks in moisture. No wild claims in sight and I love it. Its also really easy to apply you don't have to rub it in hard and it dries so quick that your waiting no time before applying your foundation. It does feel smooth on the skin but not slippery which I've enjoyed and I do see that my makeup lasts longer!!!




Covergirl Cheekers Blush in the shade 105  Rose Silk

This I think is the most underrated blush I have ever owned and I think I only picked it up because it was on sale. I think these ones often get overlooked as the packaging isn't fancy and the brush that they come with looks cheap!! But its not really the added brush accessory we buy these things for its the product itself!!! And OMG this blush is really good. So soft and pigmented it glides on and gives the cheeks a natural flush and glow. The colour Rose Silk is a soft peachy pink and you only need a light touch for a beautiful result. It does smell like cinnamon so if you don't like scent with your blush be warned. I've used it almost everyday and I love it boring packaging an all!!! 





Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm.
As you know I have been enjoying my Nivea lip balms and when I saw these where on special in Priceline I had to pick up a backup for my current one. While I was there I thought I would try their new coloured version pink guava. It smells like lollies and gives the lips a pink/red tint with the shimmer inclusion giving a nice glossy look. It also stays on a decent amount of time and isn't sticky, but really soft and moisturising on the lips. Have really enjoyed it when I've wanted a bit more than a balm but less intensity of a lipstick!!



Sports Girls Nail It Double Dip

I don't often go into Sports Girl but when I do its usually to look at their accesories and makeup. I was looking for a necklace when I saw that they had a table of marked down items. This fluro green and pink double ended nail polish duo said buy me so I picked it up straight away. I rarely wear nail polish on my finger nails due to my work so once again my toes got the special treatment. I've been really loving the bright colours makes me smile everytime I see it and for a $5 polish for 10ml of product (marked down from $9.95) it has lasted more that a week before I have seen signs of wear!!!   




So that ends my favourites for February!!! As I said before a short list but these really where the real standouts for me this month!! Hope you have had a wonderful February and until next monthly favourites Happy reading and Happy Shopping

Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment