Friday 28 February 2014

Lust Have It February and January Review

Hey Readers, 
So as I spoke about two weeks ago  LHI had shipping issues last month which meant the January box came late and as February's box was on time I have now received a second box within the space of two weeks eeek!! Given I haven't had a lot of time to try the products from January's box most of my review is really based on first impressions so therefore are fairly short but so far I will continue to use these while trying the products that have arrived most recently. 

Paula's Choice Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser 

Initially for me this was just a general cleanser with no extras ie. scent or scrub particles and I wasn't that impressed. But then came the day I had a full face of makeup that needed to come off!!! This is were this has truly impressed me a whole days makeup came of without any extra scrubbing or effort and my skin feels so soft and clean afterwards I don't really feel I need anything else just to make sure everything has gone.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel

Still not sure about this one have only used it a couple of times and I seem to have gained more redness on my face then smooth and glowing skin. It is a light gel and does dry quickly so popping it on before bed is simple.

Invisible Zinc Tinted Daywear SPF30 

I have only tried this once since receiving it but so far I am impressed. I wore it on its own before a day out at the beach. It gives a really light coverage so I don't feel it really blurs my imperfections but I loved at the end of the a few hours in the sun I wasn't red from the sun or wind and while I did have shiny T zone issues I feel putting this under a light BB would probably go well.

Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturising Oil 

Have not had a chance to use this one so will work on it while I am trying out all the items from the current one!!!

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Wipes

While these most likely won't replace my Milk makeup removal wipes this travel pack has been really handy. I have used them not only to clean up makeup off the back of my hand post application, but also makeup smudged on my sunglasses as well as taking off my makeup at the end of the day. They are easy to use, gentle on the skin, take mascara and eyeliner off with out any extra rubbing and are really quick and easy.

So onto what has arrived for February. I had seen spoliers of this box and so was really excited to see it arrive. But as I write this I am feeling mixed about what I received. I know I said I don't like people winging about what they receive and I know I won't always love the items I receive but after the last few boxes being a bit meh for me and seeing the spoilers I was excited and when I saw what I saw what others got compared to me I now have more box envy then love for my own!!  




Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive received a deluxe sample of 7 ml full size is 60ml. 

LHI had told us on the front of January's card that this would be included. Skincare  products that contain AHA's seem to be in vogue at the moment I think I've received 3 over the two box subscriptions so far but given I haven't had much time to try any of them I'm not sure I'm seeing a benefit or not!! This one is based on green apples and has an ok smell so an interested to try!!! 



The Cosmetic Kitchen Eyeshadow full size shadow pot in the colour Lemon
This is a mineral colour eyeshadow that is 100% Talc Free, certified cruelty free and vegan. Normally I would be saying yay!! they finally included a makeup item!! But this as lovely as it sounds and looks lovely in the packaging. The colour lemon which is a not so subtle bright yellow!!! As you can tell by my description its not my usual style. While I went into these boxes to try something new I'm not sure I could wear this colour. This is where my box envy started as it seems every other subscriber I've seen posts from got a neutral, silver, blue or turquoise more wearable colours. 





The Cosmetic Kitchen Brush full size 
These are a collection of brushes are certified vegan cruelty free and include Eco friendly bamboo and we received one from range. There is no specific information on the card and as their website/Facebook a little vague on details I can only surmise that I  have received concealer brush. Which is useable and is small enough to be useful for detailed work under the eyes and around the nose but this again is where I've had a bit of box envy as all the pictures on Instagram and blogs girls have received gorgeous blush brushes, angled brushes, shadow brushes!!! 

Vaseline Ultimate 10 Anti Ageing Body Lotion received a deluxe sample 25ml  full size is 750ml
I have received in this before in a bellabox, the Vaseline moisturisers are quite good, I do enjoy using them and these bottles are great for the travel toiletries!!



Clariol Professional Colour Radiance Shampoo received a deluxe sample 50ml full size is 250ml
Despite not having coloured hair I am not opposed to using this I find coloured shampoos to generally be not that much different to normal and to be honest at the end of the day all you really want is clean hair!!! 



Clariol Professional Expand Volume Mousse received a deluxe sample 50ml and full size is 250ml 
This mousse is said to instantly double fullness and body from the roots, with a lift that lasts 24hours. It also includes heat protectant!! I  have a friends wedding soon and with short hair now my usual updo isn't going to be possible so I have been trying to work out how to style my hair for the day I also have fine hair that not only takes a lot to style and doesn't have natural volume!! So I am interested to see how it goes!! 



 Hand Spa Bijoux Hand Wipe received one wipe
Made from 100% natural cotton and infused with fulvic acid to detox, Hyaluronic acid that moisturises, royal jelly that has anti aging properties, glycerin and soy extract for elasticity. These hand wipe say help prevent your hands from aging. I have not used a product like this before so I am interested to see what it's like!! 



So I while I have a severe case of box envy this month and I don't wish for this post to put you off reading further ones or sound so negative but at the same time I also want to be honest!! I think for me it reminds partially of why I signed up in the first place, to be introduced to new things and have the boundaries pushed to change things up but I think after being so excited for this one and the last couple of boxes I just wanted what I paid for products that I will want to try, use, love and want to buy more of!!! Overall now though I do have a lot of products to try and keep trying over the next couple of weeks before the next box arrives!! So until then Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment