Sunday 9 February 2014

Battle of the BB Creams #1

Hey Readers, 

Within the last probably six months I have been finding that I was starting to get really disappointed with foundations. It seemed no matter what I chose, what beauty bloggers were loving or whats been recommended to me I just couldn't find a good fit. They always seemed good for the first day or two but after that I would find the colour would start to look too pale, start to oxidise and look orange or I was also finding that with the heat of Queensland and my oily combination skin they would start to slide and go patchy. I'd just had enough!!! So I decided to try something new but I still wanted a good base for my makeup, a decent colour match and coverage. I also wanted something that would hold its own without a powder foundation over the top so I skipped past tinted moisturisers and went to BB creams. Now I know that lots of people are saying that the Australian BB creams aren't true BB creams like the ones made in Asia/Korea and that they no more then a fancy tinted moisturisers. Not having used an Asian BB cream I have no comparison but I have used a few tinted moisturisers and I have to say these BB creams are way better!!! They are also more consistent in wear than some my foundations!!! 

I have called this post the battle of the BB's but have realised that the three I have chosen to write about today really have impressed and I like all three for different reasons. So I am starting off these posts with BB's that I feel are worth paying for so if your looking for a new BB you have a selection of great ones to try and not waste you money on fails!!





Chi Chi Super BB Cream with Caviar Extract and Collguard SPF30 Medium.

Chi Chi offers a super moisturising, multi benefit, anti ageing BB cream which includes the active ingredients Collguard an anti wrinkle collagen and caviar extract which acts as an anti oxidant is super moisturising and soothing. As the packaging states this is a two in one product described as makeup meeting skin care a tinted cream formula with SPF 30. Chi Chi say it can be worn as a light foundation or used as a primer to conceal blemishes, uneven colouring, fine lines and scarring. Retail price for this one is $22.95. 

As you may already know I am partial to chi chi cosmetics product so picking this up was really a no brainer but what really sold me was the SPF 30, as a person that is often time poor in the morning and travels a lot one less extra product to carry around and remember to put on really is perfect. This BB cream gives a medium coverage but is buildable and a great flawless everyday base it covers my under eye circles and most days I don't even need extra concealer for the redness around my nose. It wears really well too holding its own for a good working day and gives a semi dewy finish. However if I'm going from day to night I always add powder over the top particularly on my T zone. I like that it comes in a tube with a pump and you get 50g of product which is more than the average foundation these days. 





Maybelline New York Dream Pure 8 in 1 BB Cream SPF15
This is an eight in one beauty balm which includes 2% salicylic acid, and says that it will conceal imperfections, helps protect against the appearance of blemishes, is oil free and non greasy, minimises the appearance of pores, clarifies the skins look, conceals redness, hydrates and soothes, compliments skin tone. Retails for $15.95

I was introduced to this via my beauty box subscriptions and as I said before after my disaster with the original version. I was skeptical when Maybelline brought out a formula for oily skin but it seems the addition salicylic really makes a difference. While I am not sure I really get all eight benefits from this. I still find I need concealer and I don't really feel blemishes are kept at bay. What I do love about this BB cream is the oil control. It really holds up to my oily T zone during the day and I also love using it under mineral makeup for a touch up free evening!!! Application wise I find it goes on a little pale at first but self adjusts to your skin giving a smooth matte finish. It comes in a tube and you get 30ml of product.




Models Prefer BB Cream All in one skin perfector with MP aquaflex. Retails for $19.99

This Models Prefer BB cream says it effectively minimises pores and smooths the skins surface whilst concealing imperfections. Leaving skin perfectly soft, moisturised and with a flawless glow. Its innovative ingredient aquaflex restores the skins natural aquaporins that regulate hydration levels and help collagen synthesis for maximum skin moisture and a youthful complexion. 

This brand is exclusive to Priceline and while I have used a few things from the cosmetics line, I had never stopped to look at their skin care so it was during the last Priceline catalogue that featured markdowns predominantly skin care I decided to have a look. I was actually looking for a new face scrub but I found myself drawn towards the BB cream instead. I have only really used it for the last couple of weeks but overall I am impressed. It is a lighter coverage compared to the last two BB creams I have spoken about and it doesn't seem to last as long so I do feel I need to top this one with powder for extra coverage and longevity. But some days the lighter coverage and a little concealer is really all I want and need. What amazes me with this one is how easily it applies. It really lends itself to 2 min makeup and with a few extras my face is done in 10!!! Just make sure you shake the tube before you use it. Again this one comes in a tube and you get 40ml pf product. I Am really loving it and am now looking at other products to try. 





Overall I am now loving BB creams. I have never had any of these discolour on me, they wear well, are a perfect base on their own as well and pairing perfectly with a mineral powder foundation and good oil control.  I think I will have these on rotation for a while to come!!! I hope this helps if you are looking for a change to you base makeup routine or a lighter option to a full coverage foundation.


I am now on the hunt to find some new ones for my next battle so until next time. Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!
Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment