Friday 30 May 2014

May Favourites

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!!! It's the end of the month!!! It's been a busy month and its seems that May has gone really quickly!!! While I have been enjoying a fair few products this month and it wasn't till I started taking photos I realised I have been enjoying a lot of eye shadow this month!!! Overall though it has been a great month for trying new things as well as pulling out a few things from the collection!!!




Maybellline New York My Shadow Single Eyeshadow in 125 
This was a find earlier in the month when I was re arranging my makeup collection. 125 is a light champagne coloured shadow that I picked up for a couple of dollars months ago at Priceline. At the time I had heard a lot of good things about these shadows, although I didn't really need another neutral eyeshadow I still wanted something I would use and that would complement the rest of my eyeshadow collection and it has gotten a lot of use this month. Its great as an overall lid colour on its own with liner for a quick look but also does a great job as an inner corner and brow bone high light with a more complex look.  



Essence All About Nude Eyeshadow in 01 Nude
This is a 6 shadow palette that was a part of the all about trend edition release from essence. This 6 pan neutral palette that contains 3 semi matte and 3 shimmer shadows that are perfect for any everyday look and being so compact fits easily into the on the go makeup bag!!! I have really enjoyed using all the shades but I have particularly been enjoying the cranberry and darker taupe shade. For an easy work appropriate look I have simply paired them with the above champagne colour  and put the darker shades into the outer V and into the crease. With a small amount of liner I'm good to go in less than five minutes. These shadows are soft buttery and pigmented they also last all day long with and without primer.




Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream
If you have read my posts and review on Bellabox you will know that a while back I received a sample of a mattifying face cream. I really enjoyed using it and as it was close to finishing I went in search of something to replace it. My search lead me to finding Garniers new range and while I did scan over all the choices this one seemed perfect for me. 
Not only is this cream tailored to oily combination skin keeping shine at bay using green tea extract it also offers 24 hour moisture. It absorbs into the skin quickly and has a really fresh smell and it does as it says moisturises and keeps me shine free. It makes for a great base under makeup but I also love using it on its own!!!




Real Techniques Stippling Brush
In my March favourites I spoke about my Models Prefer BB cream which by the way I am still loving!! What I forgot to add to the list was my favourite brush to apply it with!!! Originally I had bought this brush to apply cream blush but I soon found it a little too big for the exact placement of blush I desired. It was trying out a new BB cream one weekend when I found myself grabbing the only clean brush I could find to apply it!! Little did I realise its the perfect brush for BB creams and light foundations it really allows you to buff these products into the skin for a smooth and even application, as well as being able to stipple areas such as under the eyes and around the nose that require extra coverage. It also makes application really quick and easy which is the primary reason it has been such a favourite over the month. 





Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes Palette
Now I know I have mentioned this before and your probably tired of me including this one and if you follow me on instagram seeing it in motd pics but I have to add it again!!! Its just such a great all round palette and I love how it suits any makeup mood I may be in. With the mix of matte and shimmer shades I can have any type of neutral eye I like and it can also be as subtle or dramatic as I wish!! The shades are soft, easy to apply and pigmented and as a general rule last all day!! Its also quite compact and fits straight into my makeup bag which is so handy for travel. (Please excuse the state of the palette in these photos it is starting to show its been well loved and is well traveled!!!)




Maybelline Color Whisper in 290 Strike a Rose
After blogging about these last month I kinda put them away this month  in order to keep trying new things and continue to push my usual no colour on the lips wearing self while I have bought a few other products it was two weeks into the month I found myself back to my makeup draws pulling out this lipstick!! While I never really liked pink as a lipstick colour this is just so wearable and easy to apply and go. Its perfect for those days you want to look a bit more glam than you really feel or want to put in the effort to look. But I also like shearing it out for a just a little bit of colour for the weekend as well. 



OK so that ends the favourties for May I hope you've enjoyed reading and that it wasn't too much eye shadow overload!!! What have your favourites been this month?? Comment below I would love to read them!!! Until next months post Happy reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment