Friday 2 May 2014

Maybelline Color Whispers

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well. This month has been so busy that I really don't have that many favourites to talk about that this month that I haven't spoken about before, however I do have a recent purchase that I have been wanting to talk to you about for a while so I thought I would post this instead!!! 

Maybelline Color Whispers



I have liked the idea of these lipsticks from the start balm like texture with just enough colour a cross between a balm and a lipstick the best of both worlds. Sadly the only colour that was available for a novice lipstick wearer like me was lust for blush. Lust for Blush is a very light pink that and with my olive complexion washed me out, so I always found myself having to mix it with a darker neutral pink colour to make it work. So when  I saw these on ozsale.com.au I snapped them up simply because the colours looked more wearable, and they had a price tag of 7 bucks!! 


In regards to Ozsale while you may not like the idea of signing up to a website that sends you emails (sometimes multiple emails) everyday. I have found that from time to time you can pick up more expensive makeup cheaper, get access makeup brands that aren't easy to get, or find makeup that may have not been released in Australia. 


While I had bought them I hadn't heard of these colours before so after a lot of research (Thank you Google) I found out these are apart of a limited edition set brought out by maybelline last year. That hasn't seemed to have reached our shores here in Australia. And given it has been given mixed reviews I am not sure we will. This set of six lipsticks (includes a red colour that I didn't buy sadly) weren't given a name, theme or released at a particular time that put them in a season which is quite odd for maybelline!! But despite this putting them together they definitely lend themselves to match any natural glam look!! 

As I said before I didn't pick up the red shade which at the time I didn't think I would wear but given the formula I probably would have given it a try!! 



The colour I did pick up are as follows: 
280 Nude Night Out is a warm caramel tone with a gold glitter 


285 pink bombshell light neutral pink semi gloss finish 

290 Strike a rose medium pink semi gloss finish 

295 plum setter purple plum tone with silver glitter 

300 coral tease deep coral tone with gold glitter 


Swatches L-R (Strike a rose, pink bombshell, plum setter, nude night out and coral tease)

Just like the originals these lipsticks they have cute slim line packaging, are smooth to apply with a balm like texture. Last for up to four hours and are comfortable on the lips. They are also quite pigmented and buildable. While I love the semi gloss finish and have worn most of them during the month the only con to these lipsticks would have to be the glitter factor.  I enjoy all the base colours and would love them all on their own without the glitter. Sadly it is noticeable and if your not careful does travel a little.  Despite this I have enjoyed owning some more wearable colours enjoyed and having a bit more colour on my lips. I am hoping that maybelline releases some more and brings them to Australia soon!!!

So that ends this post I hope your weekend is going well and until next time Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment