Sunday 12 October 2014

Mascara Madness #8

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!! I once again have a collection of mascaras that are in need of being blogged about. These have been in my rotation since my last post and I felt it time to tell you if they really live up to the hype and pitch we are given by there makers. Hope you enjoy!!!


Covergirl Lashblast Fushion Water Resistant
The Pitch: Covergirl gives a super volumising and buildable fiber strength legthening mascara that thickens and extends lashes as well as being water resistant.

The Reality: I do really enjoy how the short bristles of the rubber wands in the lashblast collection catch and separate the lashes this formula also gives a decent amount of volume without the excess product. The only place where I feel this this falls is its water resistance. It it not only failed me post a hot day but also post exercise. It seems that any type of heat and sweat will cause this to flake and smear not the greatest look!!! Overall while I like the formula I probably will go back to the non water resistant version next time.



Maybelline Volum Express the Falsies Big Eyes 
The Pitch: The first eye opening double brush for an eye opening false lash effect. The   
Upper lash brush volumises top lashes, fanning them up and out and the lower lash brush magnifies every last lash without any mess.  Eyes look dramatically bigger and wider. 

The Reality: While this does give great volume and definition to the lashes with a definite dramatic results!! Sadly this mascara formula and I do not mix. Every time I used this it irritated my eyes my lashes often felt sticky and itchy and often I found myself rubbing it off my lashes. I also found the top lash mascara constantly clumped my lashes and I was left with excess product on my lashes. The bottom lash mascara however is a lot better formula and I have used that more than the either side the smaller brush makes application easy and defined my bottom lashes perfectly.



Maybelline Volum Express the Turbo
The Pitch: this formula says it will give the lushest and most gorgeous smudge proof lashes. The turbo boost formula and anti clump brush thickens lashes for up to 7x more volume.  

The Reality: Not sure if I got seven times volume to my lashes but if definitely gives great volume and great definition to the lashes the smaller brush allows for easy application to both the top and bottom lashes and it lasts all day long.



So that ends another mascara madness!! I hope you enjoyed this post and if you are looking for a new mascara it helps a little to work out your next choice. Until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne.    

No comments:

Post a Comment