Saturday 18 April 2015

Addicted to Blush Tag!!

Hey Readers,
Hope the weekend finds you well. This week I thought I would finally write a post that I have been wanting to put up for the longest time. This tag was created back in February by Kat from Kitsch Snitch who like me is not only a self confessed blush hoarder but also lover.  At the time Kat posted both her blog post and video  I thought it would be a really great post to write but sadly life got in the way and I wasn't able to really focus on the questions and putting this together. But now some time has passed and I have been sorting through my blush collection I decided it was the perfect opportunity to write about my own blush favourites!!! So here we go!!



What colour blush suits you the most?
Despite the fact that I own more pink shades of blush than any other colour in my collection as I have gotten more into makeup, I am actually starting to feel that the peachy pink and coral tones suit me better. I find they look more natural and pair better with the eye looks I choose to wear and look perfect every time I apply them never feeling I look clownish or un natural. My two top favourites partcuarlly for a special event are  The Balms' Hot Mama and Mememe's Blush Me Coral. But the others you see in this pic Essence Be Loud in 01 Ap-ri(c)ot, NYX pinched and BYS Minerals Naturale in Pinch Me are also well used and are very similar in colour and tone as my top two.




Pressed/cream/loose blush? Pressed and Cream win this hands down. I travel with my makeup alot so I do prefer something that is a bit more stable and that doesn't have a risk of going every where should it be jiggled around in a bag!! I do however have to say that I favour pressed more though as I find I have a bit more control over the application and also it can be just put on and blended with a brush really quickly when on the go. 




Favourite shimmery blush?
This is between the afore mentioned the Balm's Hot Mama and Mememe Blush Me Coral I still cannot decide which I love more the both apply smoothly, blend well, last a long time and look great. Also being shimmery I like that they negate the need for a highlighter which is often a step I skip or a product that I have forgotten to pack in my makeup bag. 




Favourite matte blush?
Essence blush. Love love love the blushes from this brand their matte ones are so pigmented, blend well and last a long time on the cheeks. Which for their pricepoint is amazing. They also usually come in a pallette of two or more shades so you can customise your look. Sadly most of them are apart of their trend editions so are limited edition but hopefully Essence will one day add to their permanent line.  I also really love the cream blushes from Bourjois they are the first cream blushes I have found that are matte, they also are easy to apply blend and the two colours nude velvet and healthy glow that look so natural on the cheeks.  




Favourite cream blush?
Once again the Balm gets a mention here with their cheek and lip cream in Pie. This shade is one of six from their How bout them Apple's palette and it goes on so smooth and blends out so easily going from a cream to powder finish in seconds its so smooth, it doesn't disrupt your foundation when you apply and it gives a gorgeous flush to the cheeks. I really love this one particularly in the cooler months. 





Favourite drugstore blush?
Once again I have to say Essence here for the price they are of high quality, smooth, pigmented, blendable and long lasting. I also have to mention here a product that I don't hear about alot and one that completley took me by surprise is the Covergirl Cheekers. Now this is the only one of these blushes that I have tried so far. I have to say packaging wise and in the pan it doesn't look much but its so pigmented, smooth, soft easy to apply and lasts all day. Recommend giving a try next time your in Priceline.    






Favourite high end blush? 
Again would have to be my blushes from the Balm they not only are the second most expensive blushes that I own but you really get amazing quality for the price. They are easy to apply, pigmented, blendable, long lasting and have great packaging. 



Favourite bright blush?
I own bright blushes but I am too scared to wear them for fear of being to heavy handed and end up looking like a clown!!!

Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
Mirenesse Marble Mineral Blush. I acctually own two of these and while I longed to own them they soon became the biggest regret in my collection. The blushes themselves and their packaging look gorgeous. They are soft and easy to apply but the colours just don't suit me and the formula is a little too frosty and shimmery for my liking. I also find the shimmer goes everywhere once applied. I also had not owned them that long before one blushes glue holding it to the pan let go. This now means it rattles around in the packaging and usually product is everywhere when I open it. The other thing is while they look gorgeous the packaging is really bulky!!!




Best blush packaging?
This has to be the blushes from Physicans Formula and I will confess I buy most things from this brand based on cute packaging alone!!! The two most used blushes that I own from this brand are the Nude Wear Glowing Nude Blush in Natural and Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Natural. Both open at the front to reveal the blush itself but also at the back to reveal a mirror and brush so cute and so handy!! 






What's on your blush wish list?
This would have to be the blushes from Tarte cosmetics have seen them featured so many times in youTube videos and wish that they where a little bit more affordable let alone easier to get my hands on in Australia.


Number 1 holy grail blush?
This is the hardest question as I really don't feel I have one yet!! I have to say though after trying to clean out my collection and work out the blushes that I love versus those that are just ok most of the ones mentioned above are number ones and ones that will stay in my collection for a long time.


Ok so that ends the Addicted to Blush Tag. Would like to thank Kat from Kitsch Snitch for creating this one, it has been really fun to write. I hope you have enjoyed reading it and if you blog or make videos you too are inspired to try it!!! Until next post Happy reading and Happy shopping!!

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment