Saturday 11 April 2015

Foundations Purge or Purchase!!!




Hey Readers,
Hope this post finds you well. Today I am writing about foundations. I have always had mixed luck with foundation. Often I will buy the latest foundation to try or pick up on that promises me me perfect skin all day long. Sadly the products don't often meet expectations and often get put in the back of the draw for a later date. More often than not though I forget exactly why I put them away in the first place. So recently on a quest to find my most preferred foundation, clear some space in the foundation draw and rediscover why I put the foundation away in the first place. I pulled out all my foundations in order to work out those that will be purged and those that I would purchase again!!!


Now I know that foundation is an individual thing and what has worked or hasn't worked for me maybe perfect for you. So before I start I just wanted to give a little bit of an over view on my skin type, tone as well as the usual conditions in which I apply my makeup. My skin is generally combination, I have dry patches and my T zone is oily. I also have dark under eye circles, redness around my nose and in between my eye brows. My skin tone is also uneven particularly where my sunglasses sit on the bridge of my nose. I try and use primers every time I apply my makeup but often foundation is applied over moisturiser and sunblock only. On the days I am pressed for time, I generally don't set with powder till a couple of hours after I have applied my foundation.  I also live in Queensland so its often hot and humid.  I also work in air conditioning. Usually I am putting foundation on at 7am and taking it off at 7pm. As you can see my foundation has to with stand a lot to impress. 


Purchases 



Bourjois Happy Light Foundation #53 Light Beige 
I have spoken about my love hate relationship with this foundation before but this time around I really have fallen in love with it again. While it doesn't give me my preferred medium to full coverage. It is so easy to apply, blending flawlessly and when you build for a little extra coverage it doesn't get cakey. Now I know having combination skin dewy finish foundations are not recommended particularly for an oily T zone but it does last all day on my skin and while it doesn't keep me matte as such it doesn't slide and go patchy either. If I powder it also increases the wear time. I love using this foundation for a no makeup makeup look or when I need something that is quick to apply.

Revlon Nearly Naked in  150 Nude
This is a medium coverage foundation that while it does apply easily I do recommend working in light layers and using a buffing brush to really buff the product into the skin, for a seamless finish and reduce the chance of cakeyness. For me it does require primer and powder to the T zone to last all day. But I just love how light weight this foundation is on and that it looks natural. I am also hoping that in the future Revlon repackage this like they did their colourstay foundations and include a pump. The foundation is runny and its hard to get the perfect amount directly from the bottle without excess. 

Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour in the shade Natural Beige 
The claims on the back of the bottle is the reason I picked up this foundation. It reads: With stands heat, sweat and humidity. No transfer- wont rub off. Flexible breathable all day comfort. Oil free non pore clogging. I have enjoyed it from the first try and have already raved about it in a few posts last year but I just have to write a bit more. It goes on smooth, is medium coverage, buildable and blendable. It also withstands heat, humidity, changes in temp. It doesn't rub off and lasts from 7am to 7pm with minimal touch ups. Once again build in layers and buff well into the skin, it doesn't take much effort though to get a flawless finish. I also am amazed that on the hot days in early Jan it didn't go cakey, patchy or slide off my oily T zone completely. Even when I was going from heat outside to aircon inside. It feels light and looks natural. Only draw back is like the Revlon Nearly Naked it desperately needs a pump dispenser, it is the reason I stopped using it and travelling with it as its so hard to dispense the right amount and the top and lid are constantly clogged with excess foundation. 


Purge



Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I remembered writing about this foundation ages ago and searching through old posts I found where I originally wrote about this foundation. Originally I loved it and wore it every day as I had found a foundation that gave me a nice glow, was reasonably long wearing even on my oily T zone and that required very little extra as it gives a good medium coverage but the down side is the glitter particles mixed into the foundation. I never saw it initially, it was only looking at myself in full sunlight that I saw it but from that first time I just noticed it more and more which just isn't attractive. I have find that as it wears particularly under the eyes and around the nose it just becomes more noticeable in any light and even people have commented on seeing glitter on my face.  As I said before I have had this foundation for a long time and mixing it with other foundations has helped reduced the glitter. But as I get further through the bottle I have found its more a more glittery. Its a purge for me.

Covergirl Tru Blend Liquid Makeup in m6 Perfect Beige
This medium coverage foundation applies and blends well it also wears reasonably during the day only really starting to show wear and patchiness towards the 6-8 hour wear mark. It also has a lockable pump perfect hmm not so much. The reason this foundation is getting ditched the colour. This foundation is simply too orange for me. Whenever I wear this one I get the comments that I am looking very tanned and to be honest never sure that its a good thing. I have swatched other shades but cannot find one that suits so I am just going to say good bye.  


Australis Stayput Longwear Foundation in the shade Natural Beige 
I picked this up during an online sale of Australis and I have to say for a foundation I bought online I managed to pick a shade that actually suit. This foundation claims to provide a natural, luminous finish and last up to 16 hours. This is where the foundation falls down on my skin it simple does not last without powder I barely get half a day before I see signs of wear with powder I get a little longer but I find I need multiple touch ups throughout the day in order to make it last.  

So that ends this edition of Foundation Purge or Purchase. I hope that you enjoyed reading this and if your in the market for a new foundation this review helps with your next choice. Until next post Happy reading and happy shopping. 

Everlynne.



No comments:

Post a Comment