Sunday 5 April 2015

March Favourites

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well and that you are having a very Happy Easter!! I say this every time I start a favourites post but I truly cannot believe how quickly this month has gone March seems to have just disappeared. This month (and most of last month) I have been on a no buy as I made the decision to stop buying makeup for Lent. While my initial intention was to completely sort my makeup stash sorting what I really use from what has sat in the draw for the longest time, things have been so busy at work and at home that I really haven't gotten much of that done. This month in particular I really have also found myself picking up products in my collection that I know work all the time every time some are newer to my collection than others but nonetheless favourties.



Covergirl Lashblast Clump Crusher in Very Black
Love love love this mascara so much I always have one in my collection. I pulled this out at the end of last month when I was planning a trip away for a week to visit a sick family member. I just wanted/needed a mascara that I knew would work every time be suitable for everyday and night. It is a true black that layers and never flakes, smudges clumps. Perfect every time.



Eve Cosmetics Sheer Satin Eyeshadow
I cannot find the name for this shadow any where so I have a feeling it may have been discontinued but this shimmer shadow from Eve Cosmetics is the perfect all rounder. This neutral brown bronze shade is the perfect for on the go and as an anytime look. Put all over the lid, blended into the crease paired with liner and mascara has been my go to look of choice perfect for a work day or an afternoon/night event. I love how it blends so easily and lasts all day long. It also pairs well with most of the other shadows I own.



Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Eyes.
This was a shop my stash purchase that I had honestly forgotten how good it was. The roller ball applicator is so cooling under the eyes and the product itself blends so easily but it really is a light coverage product that does require powder to set in order to get more coverage. I enjoy using it on the days where my dark circle don't seem so prominent and its also perfect when wanting a no makeup makeup look.



Face of Australia Face Primer 3 in 1 SPF 15
This is the most recent addition to my collection but one that I feel will stay for a while. Its perfect for on the go. I love how it moisturises my skin, absorbs quickly, doesn't smell like sunblock and increases the longevity of my makeup.



Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel SPF15
This has been another go to moisturier this month. Its light, absorbs quickly. The pump dispenses the perfect amount and it is easy to apply, cooling to the skin. Great for the warmer days we have been having and my skin definitely feels more hydrated.



Revlon Colourstay 24 hour Makeup for Combination/Oily skin in 250 Fresh Beige.
I have had a bit of an on off relationship with this foundation some days I really enjoy its longevity other days I look in the mirror and feel it looks too heavy. Recently though I have brought out all the foundations I own in order to sort my what really works and what doesn't I pulled this out with one other foundation and over the course of a week tried both the next week I turned to another foundation but found myself keeping the colourstay in the rotation it was not long till I realised I preferred using this one to many others. Its not only a reasonable colour match not making me look too pale or too bronzed but it lasts all day and with a buffing brush I find it does't look at heavy as with my usual foundation brush. It also gives me reasonable oil control and lasts all day.



Mineral Glow Loose Mineral Powder Foundation in Soft Beige.
This is not a product I usually find myself using that often as I travel I prefer not to use mineral products. But I pulled this out when wanting something a little different to add to the makeup routine it just gives a gorgeous glow to the skin all while still looking natural. The powder itself is light and easily buffs into the skin great to set makeup it doesn't make my oily T zone look to shinny too.



So that ends my favoutrites for this month I hope that you have enjoyed this post. Hopefully the month of April has started well and until next post happy reading and happy shopping!!!  

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment