Saturday 25 April 2015

Brand Favourites-Pharmacy (Drugstore)

Hey Readers,

Hope this post finds you well. Watching youTube this week, I watched a video from Mary (alovetart) on youTube who had collaborated with another youtuber Jen (JustJenMakeup) to produce videos of their favourite products from some of the pharmacy/drugstore brands. At the time I thought this would not only make a good blog post but I also as this weekend does include Anzac day, I thought it would be fun to include some Australian brands as well. While picking only one item from each brand was a little hard at first, there are definitely some brands where one product stands out from the others.




Brand Favourites

Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Concealer light/medium.
This is one of the best concealers I have ever owned!!! Its not only pigmented, creamy, blends well but it also doesn't crease or cake. Its perfect for dark under eye circle, redness and imperfections. A little also goes a long way. This has to be the best thing that Australis has produced so far and sadly they discontinued this one last year :( I have one tube left which I usually only bring out when doing my makeup for special occasions.



Models Prefer Smooth Gel Liner in Cosmic Purple
I have always loved gel liners but at the same time have always had a love hate relationship with them particularly when it comes to their pot and brush application let alone trying to apply when you are travelling or need makeup applied fast. This liner is the answer to all that, an automatic pencil its ready to go and its smooth creamy formula allows it to be applied easily and quickly you also get all the benefits of a gel liner smooth, pigmented and long lasting.



Natio Sheer Delight Blush and Bronze
This is a multi purpose blush, bronzer and highlight. The perfect combination of peach, pink and bronze that individually give a perfect blush or bronze to the cheeks and mixed together give a perfect all over face glow. I have always loved a multi purpose product and this one is my most used out of all the Natio products I own. Its not only pigmented but is so easy to apply, it blends and builds perfectly as it is long lasting.  



Chi Chi Super BB Cream SPF30 shade Medium
Chi Chi is such a great Aussie brand and I love so many of their products so it was hard to choose just one. While I really love their glamorous eye shadow palettes and have used them a ton!! I have to say that I use this BB cream more!! This is just a really easy product for me, a real no brainer I guess is the only way to explain it. When it comes to weekends, plans usually involve being outside and usually sun, sand and water are involved somewhere and for me top priority is always sun protection. So the fact that this BB contains SPF 30 means that I don't have to think about putting on sunblock my face first or remembering which foundations work with sunblock the best. As a BB cream/foundation it has a medium coverage which is buildable, It buffs and blends into the skin flawlessly and it lasts all day long. Its a good all rounder that I can just pick up and go.



Bloom Cosmetics Eye Definer in Dark Brown
Now technically I am cheating including this product as the idea behind this is that you have used a lot of products from the brand and even though Bloom is an Australian brand it is no longer found in a lot of pharmacies where it once was. So I really have only used a few products to date BUT I just have to include this one!!! This pencil liner is just so pigmented, creamy and easy to apply and lasts all day. Its a deep dark brown so it gives the definition of a black without looking harsh its great as a simple every day liner but it also is easy to wing out for a more dramatic look. Its great with any eye look and it doesn't go patchy, slide, smudge or fade. I pretty much use it every day and its the first liner I have ever bought a back up of!!! 



Covergirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher
This was probably the easiest choice when choosing products for this post. I have loved this mascara from the first try and have used it in both the black and brown shades. Its the most easiest mascara to use it goes on smooth every time it's buildable, volumises and lengthens lashes all whilst being clump free. It also gives definition whilst still looking quite natural.



Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 05 Silky Beige.
To be honest I do not really love a lot of products from this brand my history with this cosmetic line is really hit and miss. But the one product that really stands out and has holy grail status for many is this powder. Originally I only used to use this to set makeup and for touch ups but I have also found its perfect buffed over a light foundation or BB for an all day flawless look. It gives a light to medium coverage, mattifies the skin and builds without looking cakey.



Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Treatment Concealer in 10 Fair
This is a product that really took me by surprise. After seeing it used so many times on youTube and hearing good things via blog posts I just had to try. This is really great at hiding dark circles but also can double to highlight the face as well. The product itself is extremely light and creamy so blends easily but still gives decent coverage. For dark circles it hides darkness with ease and as a highlight its matte, creamy and blends perfectly. Personally fair is too light for my skin so on its own it can look like white under my eyes so I do blend over with foundation for a more natural look that really makes the darkness disappear.



Bourjois Delice de Sojeil Bronzing Powder 12 Fair/Medium Skin
I bought this when the popular chocolate bronzer from bourjois was unavailable but to be honest I have never looked back. From the first use this really has been a great all round bronzer as I use it for both contouring as well as sweeping it all over my face for a natural glow. Now this bronzer isn't completley matte in the pan it has a slight gold shimmer but I have never really seen it transfer to the face. Its just the perfect colour and I have never felt it too orange or muddy. It also pairs well with so many blushes. Another reason I love this bronzer is the mirror it comes with. This mirror moves around 360 degree mirror and is also a decent size which has been such a handy inclusion to my makeup bag. 



Essence Gel Eyeliner 
Now I know I have spoken a lot about the blushes from this range and I do enjoy using them a lot but my all time favourite from this range has to be their gel eyeliners. They are so smooth and even though it does require the help of an angled brush easy to apply they are also extremely pigmented and long lasting.  



Real Techniques Buffing Brush 
I own and love so many brushes from Real techniques and I knew eventually the day would come when I would have to choose a favourite but I feel bad because I really like them all just for different reasons. But as you know I love products that are all rounders and multipurpose brushes this on definitely wins hands down and its my most used brush out of all as I often apply foundation, concealer and powder all with this one brush!!!! For creams and liquids it buffs product into the skin so quickly and easily without streaking or smearing and leaving skin looking flawless. It also is great for powder whether it's buffing a loose powder all over the skin or using to touch up your makeup with pressed. I wish I had two of these and I am hoping that soon it will start being sold separately as the only way to get it at the moment is apart of a kit. 


So that ends my brand favourites would like to that Mary and Jen for coming up with this concept and allowing me to write this post inspired by their video. Go check out there youTube channels they both make great beauty inspired videos. I hope you have enjoyed this post and it inspires you to write/video your own version of this. Its been fun to write and I would love to see others versions of this one!! Until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment