Saturday 9 January 2016

15 from 2015

Hello Readers,
I hope this post finds you well and that the start to your 2016 has been happy. OK so I know my last post was a reflection of the year that was but this week I thought I should put a beauty focus on the year that was and tell you about all the products that I loved for 2015. There where so many products that I came across for the year so I have narrowed it down a little to my top 15 for 2015.



1. Bloom Cosmetics Eye Definer Dark Brown.
This has probably been my most used product for the year after rediscovering it early in the year. My primary reason for loving it so much is the fact that it is really easy to apply and has great pigmentation. The formula is creamy but not so creamy that it slides and fades to nothing. It also blendable but once dry it stays a long time. It also gives great definition but being a brown also looks natural.



2. Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoo in the shade 70 Barley Branded and 25 Bad to the Bronze.
These have been my go to shadows for 2015 rarely leaving my makeup bag!! Perfect for travel and are my go to every time I am time poor and needing to look polished quick. Both shades a universal when it comes to any of my eye shadow palettes and not only make a great long lasting base but also pair well with any neutral shadow. I love using them both all over the lid with a matte brown in the crease, liner and mascara its not only quick to apply but its a great any time appropriate look.



3. BE Beauty Essentials Volumising Mascara
This mascara was probably the most surprising good product I have found in 2015 and to be honest I bought it because I liked the rose gold packaging. Its actually a great everyday mascara it goes on easily, doesn't clump or flake and while it doesn't give an amazing amount of volume it gives enough definition and is so easy to apply that I would recommend it to any one. This is Priceline's own brand of makeup so you can only pick it up there I am just hoping that in the future they release another version of it.



4. Lucas Paw Paw Ointment with Lip Applicator.
This little red tube has always been a handbag staple of mine and once I tried the tube that includes the lip applicator it just makes it all the more handy. I battle with dry lips all year round and the product itself goes on smooth to give great hydration when I need it most. It also lasts a long time post application as I have been finding with lip balms they dry out my lips more and I am constantly reapplying them.



5. Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm in the shade 40 Exquisite Caramel
Lip colour products are the hardest thing for me as I just haven't ever found a colour that I feel looks good on me or that feels comfortable on the lips. Having dry lips as well I also need something with hydration and that doesn't make things look worse. Colour wise its a neutral pinky brown that really makes for a great my lips but better colour. It goes on smooth, doesn't need liner or a mirror to apply. It hydrates and gives just enough colour to the lips to make them look smooth, polished and glossy. It also wears quite well throughout the day.



6. Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil Free Foundation in 210 Medium Beige and the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer in Medium

You are probably sick of hearing me talk about this foundation and concealer and I promise I will stop going on about it and try to find something that is just as good but for the moment this is the best foundation I have found in 2015!!! Big claims I know but it really has been a wow product and it really is my go to and go back to when other foundations just don't impress. It doesn't matter how you apply this foundation it goes on smooth, blends flawlessly it also withstands heat and a long day at work. It does also give me decent shine control.

Again probably over reading me rave on about this one but honestly I have never used a concealer more than I have used this product. Its pigmented, creamy has a decent amount of coverage and blends well. Its great for concealing under the eyes and it doubles as a great eyeshadow primer as well. The doe foot applicator also means its easy to apply exactly where you want it.



7. Designer Brands Pro Contour Palette.
So I may have only owned this since November but I have used it pretty much everyday since then. This is an all matte contour palette that includes three contour shades and three highlight shades. Its a great travel friendly palette that includes a mirror inside the lid. I love it because from day one it has been so easy to use the medium pigmentation of the contour shades means you don't have to be super careful when dipping your brush into the product, they apply and blend easily and I haven't had any of the shades appear too muddy or end up looking orange. The highlight shades are smooth to apply blend well and I used them most for setting cream products.




8. Sigma F05 Small Contour.
This brush I have owned for ages and its probably my most used but least talked about brush. This brush is not only great for contour but also for blush, highlight and bronzer, while I use it primarily for powder products its also great for blending out cream blush as well. Its just the perfect shape and size for the hollows and tops of the cheeks. I also sometimes use it with powder to set concealer under the eyes.

9. Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I have spoken a lot about this brush and you know by now that I love it so much I actually own two!!! It the best all round brush and it makes the application of any foundation so quick and easy. I also enjoy that it not only lends it self to cream and liquid products but it then allows you to apply powder quickly and easily as well. One of them is always in my make up bag!!!




10. Manicare Angled Liner Brush
This was a random purchase that I picked up many years ago but a brush that I never really used that much. I am not sure what made me pick it up to use but it really hasn't left my makeup bag since (other than to wash of course). Being synthetic this brush is great for all types of liner I have often used it for gel or cream liners but mostly I love it for winging out pencil liner when I want a softer but precise wing look its also great for applying dark shadow to the roots of the lashes. Its small yet precise and the angle just allows you to create the perfect precise wing. 




11. Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil Free Moisturiser
This is probably up there with my eye liner when it comes to my most used products this year. Originally I had a mixed reaction about this moisturiser as I wasn't sure it was hydrating enough but also because I didn't feel it really kept the shine at bay. It was after changing to another moisturiser for a while that I realised just how good this one is. As for hydration I have to be honest probably in the winter I probably need a bit more but in the summer this is a great cooling and hydrating inclusion to my makeup routine. And as you probably have surmised it definitely keeps the shine at bay and is particularly good when used with a tinted moisturiser or a lighter foundation which don't usually give me the oil control I need.



12. Ponds Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam
I picked this up during 40% off skin care sale at Priceline not only was I wanting to try a new cleanser but as I had a lot of oil control problems at the start of the year I was looking at anything that said mattifying!!! Overall its a really great cleanser and while I liked it from the begging like the moisturiser I spoke about previously I didn't see the full value until I stopped using it and tried something else. Again though it is a great creamy cleanser that really washes your face and doesn't strip the skin sadly it does contain micro beads which I also have enjoyed and if you have seen recent reports have now been found to be causing harm to the environment and subsequently are to be banned and phased out of skincare and body products I am just hoping that Ponds don't change the rest of the formula as I do really enjoy the cleanser itself!!



13. Microfibre Cloth
This has been my go to for makeup removal this year its not only a great makeup wipe alternative but its also a great time saver as I use it to remove makeup while in the shower. I really love the fact that with just water I am able to remove all the makeup on my face including liner and mascara and then just was the cloth out for next time. So great and a couple of extra minutes in the shower isn't bad either. 



14. ELF Makeup Mist and Set
I never realised just how good these types of products where until I bought this one earlier in the year. I had used a few of these types of products before but only occasionally. I picked this up after seeing a review of another version of this type of product on youtube I knew it wasn't going to be the same as the one I saw but I was interested to test a product like it out. I liked the idea of being able to set my makeup for a number of hours thus reducing the need for touch ups. I had a few formal occasions coming up and I used it post makeup application for all of them. It not only sets your makeup but definetly increases the longevity and reduces the need for touch ups. I also found that in the heat and humidity my make up fared better than when I didn't use this. Its also quite inexpensive which makes it a good cheaper options to other brands!!! 



15. Havianas Freedom Sandal 
Ok so this is a bit of a cheat on my part as these are not a beauty product but since they are a fashion item I do consider them to be beauty related!!! As you know I live in a warm country, I spend a lot of time outdoors and around water I also walk a lot and I find the traditional thong/plugger/flip flop very uncomfortable after a while and I don't like the fact that they make noise when you walk. These are a great alternative to that, as a sandal you get all the benefits of a thongs they are easy to put on, take you from land to beach to water but you get the comfort of a sandal and as they come in this gold colour they look a little bit fancier and it allows me to pair them with everything!!!



So that ends my 15 for 2015!!! I hope you enjoyed this post and that the start to your new year is going well. I am looking forward to 2016 which hopefully will bring some interesting new beauty products!! Until next post happy reading and happy shopping 

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment