Saturday 23 January 2016

January makeup!!!

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Today I have decided to do something a little different to my usual monthly favourites. Not only am I striving to change it up for the new year but also because this month literally all my favouties are makeup items!! Separately these items are great but together I have found they make for a great makeup look that is all the time appropriate but also one that helps me look flawless and stays all day!!



Loreal Revitalift Magic Blur and Garnier Perfect 5 Sec Blur.
Any makeup look for me at the moment especially in the warmer weather always starts with primer and this combination is one I have been wanting to talk about for a while, it was a complete accident how they came to be my go to primer combination. On their own they are an ok primers but I never felt they did everything I wanted on their own. The Garnier perfect 5 sec blur was my first not worth the hype product its a good primer helps increase a foundations longevity and I have always found it has a great smoothing effect on the skin it does help to reduce the look of my pores but I have found that it doesn't always love my oily T zone and often would allow the shine to come through causing my foundation to be effected. The Loreal gives great longevity to a foundation and it became my go to as I found more dewier foundations that usually don't love my oily skin stayed on longer when I used this product underneath it also seems to keep my oily T zone matte as well as helping to reduce the appearance of pores. Applied one after the other I find redness and pore appearance is increased my T zone stays mattified and longevity of all foundations is definitely better.  



Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless 235 Pure Beige and Loreal Infallible 24 hr Matte 22 Radiant Beige.
This was definitely the month for combos and I know I said before that all these products are great separately these two however are the exceptions!!! The maybelline fit me matte and poreless is an ok medium coverage foundation but on its own it really doesn't live up to its name I am not kept matte and my pores are not less its not a foundation I have been able to make work even with mattifying moisturiser and pore refining primers, it also tends doesn't have the longevity I usually look for and need in a foundation. Having said all of that  however I do like the slight satin finish it does give to the areas of my face that aren't affected by noticeable pores or t zone oiliness. As for the loreal its a great medium to full coverage foundation that doesn't make my pores disappear but it does do a better job of making them less noticeable, it controls oiliness of my T zone and longevity is all day long where this foundation falls down for me is that it can get cakey and even putting on just a light layer it definitely has a I am wearing foundation look. So as you can probably tell by now I wasn't getting much use from these two foundations however after seeing a post on instagram recommending mixing them together I haven't really looked back. Mixing really brings out the better aspects of these foundations and over the month I have really enjoyed wearing them. I love the overall finish matte but not too matte, even coverage, oiliness kept at bay and pore minimizing that lasts all day.



Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder 005 Silky Beige
This has been a go back to this month when I just wasn't happy with the powder I was using and I was wanting to go back to one I just know works every time. These powders are just so beautiful to apply, I get coverage without cake, it mattifies and helps to minimise the appearance of pores. Really great for stay all day makeup but also great for touch ups as well they only thing this compact needs is a mirror!!!



Bourjois Delice de Soleil 12 Fair/Medium Skin
I have always loved this bronzer and I picked it up earlier in the month as I was trying to down size my makeup bag (my contour palette doesn't fit in my makeup bag so I needed an alternative) I also love the 360 degree mirror that comes with this compact its great for travel. The bronzer itself is great for contour even with its slight sheen but also great for when you just want to add warmth all over the face. I also love using it in the crease as an eye shadow it is great to pair with sparkley shadows but also great for a matte neutral look.

the Balm Frat Boy
I always forget how much I love this blush as it is one of my more expensive blushes I do have a tendency to save it for special occasions but I was searching through my blush draw for something 'new' and picked it out. Its a great peachy pink tone blush that gives such a beautiful flush to the cheeks and despite having not many special occasions to go to it has been in my make up bag all month.




Chi Chi Mattes 2
As you know I am a big fan of Chi Chi in general and this month I have been leaning towards a matte eye look for most days particuarly when I have meetings at work so need to look pulled together but nothing too glittery or overly dramatic. Don't get me wrong this palette is a great all rounder mixing warm and cool toned shades that are all matte and all wearable. The palette is also compact so its great for any makeup bag as well. I just love the fact that I have a complete eye look in one palette and that all of shades seem to go together. For work usually its just a light shade over the lid and a medium shade in the crease paired with liner simple but effective.




Maybelline Colour Tattoo 25 Bad to the Bronze and 70 Barley Branded
Still my go to this month for a quick all over the lid look or a great base for a more 'complicated' look when time is on my side. I have spoken about these two a million times before but they just do the job time and time again they are so great just to leave as a permanent product in my make up bag.



Loreal Infallible Eye shadows in 004 Forever Pink 002 Hourglass Beige
I know I just said I have been leaning towards matte eye looks most of the month but these are the newest additions to my shadow collection and while I have not owned them for long they are so amazing. I picked them up during the last 50% off makeup sale at Chemist Warehouse I have heard so much about them and these are definitely worth the hype. So pigmented and so shimmery and glittery great over the lid but also double as a cheek highlight and you only need the tiniest amount!! So beautiful loving using them when I can.



Bloom Cosmetics Eye Definer in Dark Brown
As you know my all time favourite brown liner and I have used it so much its pigmented and gives such great definition to my eyes I just keep coming back. So easy to use you can smudge it out but it also sets and stays all day.

Covergirl Intensify Me Liquid Liner 300 Intense Black
This is the most interesting shaped liner I have ever used but I have loved it from first try so I keep going back to it again and again. The rounded and paddle shaped tip allows you to apply both a thick and thin line depending on how you hold the pen. While I really only used the edge I love how it goes on smooth is a pigmented black and despite the rounded end you can create a decent wing. It does take a bit of practice like most liquid liners but worth it when I have never had it fade, travel or flake.



ELF Makeup Mist and Set
This has been a life saver in the hot weather not only does it stop my makeup from sliding off after a couple of hours it also definitely reduces the need for touch ups during a long makeup day. I used to use it only for special occasions now I find myself using it more and more its not a bad price under $10 at kmart (I think).



So that ends my month in makeup I hope you enjoyed this post I certainly have had fun writing it  until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne.

 





3 comments:

  1. I love most of the products you mentioned! Really need to try the Magic Blur as I have quite an oily T-zone. The Elf Makeup Mist sounds awesome too and it's so affordable! Great post! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much great to hear some positive feedback to a post. Hoping if you pick it up you will love the Magic Blur as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. Hi Everlynne,

    The e.l.f makeup mist and set is one of my favourite and must have beauty items, it works wonders. I have brought bottle after bottle of it over the years. I have been tempted to try the Garnier fit me blur for a while now.
    Aimee :)
    http://www.laughinggalah.com/

    ReplyDelete