Saturday 16 January 2016

Empties!!! Hits and Misses 2015.

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well!! This week I have been in a spring clean mode trying to tidy up post the chaos of the festive season. My office/makeup room is quite untidy and not long after starting to tidy up this box of empties caught my eye not wanting to get rid of them before I had a chance to write about them I thought it would be a good subject for today post and I hate to keep bringing up the past but these are all products and empties from 2015 so lets get onto the hits and misses!!

Hits

Daiso Makeup Brush Cleaner 150ml 
I had seen this cleaner raved about so many times and it took me forever to find a bottle as every time I went to a Daiso store they where sold out and to be honest when I finally got my hands on this product I quickly found out why!!! The cleaner itself really does rid your makeup brushes of product quickly and easily its actually amazing how easily it dissolves the buildup of product and how simply it does it.  Brushes that I usually find hard to get clean properly having to wash them twice before they look clean are a breeze. The only one downer to this product is I find I do seem to use it up quite quickly its not a product I find a little bit goes a long way and I seemed to go through a bottle within a couple of months. Despite this though I have repurchased and I did buy a couple of bottles as back up!!  



Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous in the shade 210.
OK have raved about this enough on this blog so I wont go on and on too much but I have to say it is the first foundation that I have repurchased again and again. Its just such an easy foundation to use, blend and the longevity is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone that wants a great easy to use everyday foundation.



Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 
I believe this was in a beauty box I received it had been put in a pile of sachets to use up so I thought I better give it a try. Its pretty basic primer not claiming to do anything other than create a smooth and invisible layer to prepare and protect the skin. It certainly does what it says and its really moisturising and smooth to apply it also definitely improved the longevity of a foundation that doesn't usually last that long on my skin I would repurchase if it didn't have a $34 price tag.



Boots Optiva Aqua Capture Serum 
This was a full sized product I received ages ago in a bellabox and I really wished I had used it a little bit more!! Its a great easy to use serum that just disappears into the skin and doesn't leave your skin feeling wet or sticky. The result is softer and plumper looking skin. Sadly I am terrible at remembering to put products like this on my face at night so I don't feel I truly got the most benefit out of it. 




Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash.
This was a sample from a beauty box that I gave a try despite not suffering with acne. Its a great face wash and I really did enjoy using it. Its just a great simple cleanser that bubbles, washes well is easy to wash off and leaves your skin feeling good. A really easy product and happy I got to give it a try. 



Me Me Me Seventh Heaven Face Base
This is a great moisturiser and primer in one. Its not only got a great scent but it also is a really great moisturiser that soaks easily into the skin and doesn't leave a residue. While it doesn't hide pores, smooth lines or diminish redness it does create a great base for makeup and I do find helps the longevity of foundation. The only thing I don't love about this one is it does come in a tub which are not my favourite and the reason why I would not purchase this again. 



Misses
Loreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil 
This I was really excited to receive a sample of this product in a magazine. I had tried and loved the shampoo and conditioner from the same line so was very happy to see this. Sadly I was fast disappointed the product itself is really thick and took ages to work through my hair and while I was expecting beautifully hydrated hair I found my hair felt really dry, I also found that usually I can go two maybe three days between washes but really the next day I felt my hair needed washing again. It was a 10ml sachet so I got nearly three tries out of it and each time I just wasn't impressed with the result so this one for me is a miss!!.




So that ends this empties hits and misses post I hope you enjoyed reading this one. Hoping your new year is going well and until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment