Saturday 11 March 2017

Empties Hits and Misses #5





Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Today I am here with my first empties post for the year and given my last post was December last year I am surprised by the number of products I have to talk about!! I will admit at this point though that not all of these are completely empty. In the last couple of weeks I have been trying to sort through my all of my skin care products, makeup and beauty items in and endevour to try to use up products that I don't really love so therefore don't reach for. As well as get rid of products that I don't use or items that have just been disappointing that I am never going to use them up!!  So without to much further ramble lets get to it!!!

Hits!! 
Johnson's Body Care Relaxing Shower Gel 1L
These body washes from Johnson and Johnson are really great and I have repurchased them (in different scents) many times over. These are just a great body washes all round. Not only does the size mean they last a decent amount of time but the pump makes this just so easy to use. Cleans well foams well and smells great. I also find the formula is quite gentle on the skin. 



OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo 385ml
Despite still not liking Coconut scented products I am still loving this shampoo and I think this is my third repurchase. I just love the way that this makes my hair feel post wash, it foams and cleans so well, leaving my hair soft and silky but not unmanageable despite trying other scents in the range I still always turn back to this one.  



 Essano Argan Oil Of Morocco Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner 50ml
This was a sample that I received in a beauty box and one that I have really enjoyed. This became my travel shampoo and conditioner its just a great all round shampoo and conditoner that like my favourite from OGX cleans well and doesn't leave my hair too soft and unmanageable I have really enjoyed this one and will most likely repurchase. 




Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser 200ml

I purchased this after watching a youtube video that raved about how good it was to both cleanse the skin as well as making sure any left over makeup residue is washed away. I had previously tried another version of cleanser from neutrogena which I was happy but from the first use of this cleanser I was impressed. Not only is it soft on the skin, its light foam cleanses the skin and leaves it feeling clean and fresh since starting to use this I also seem to have less skin breakouts and oil issues which I feel is attributed to makeup residue being fully removed. 



Milk Beauty Wipes 25pkI am still loving these wipes they never fail me when it comes to getting rid of a decent days makeup they are so amazing getting off everything from an all day foundation, mascara and gel eyeliner!! 



Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous 210 Medium Beige 30ml
I do not know how many times I have repurchased this but I still cannot live without it so easy to apply, blend and wear all day. Great for everyday or even a night out I just love how flawless it makes my skin look and it withstands my oily combo skin!!



Ecotool Makeup and Brush Shampoo 177ml
I found this shopping on iHerb while I  was buying brushes and thought well if I'm buying brushes I should buy cleaner!! While its a little different to my usual Daiso brush cleaner I am still impressed. It cleans brushes quickly, foams well gets out all makeup and washes away thoroughly with water so easily. I also enjoy that it has a really soft scent. I have already repurchased.



Bright Toothpaste 45ml
This toothpaste from Essential Apothecary Alchemist was introduced to me via a Maslow and Co beauty box and both myself and my husband really enjoyed it. Its 100% natural so it did take a little bit to get used too but its easy to use and cleans well. This also I have already repurchased.



Misses!!

You Soft Square Cotton Pads 100pk
I believe these are either a Aldi brand or Target brand (I really cannot remember). But these are just a nightmare. Wet or dry you they always leave fibers behind and particuarly when  they are wet they will disintergrate as you can see I haven't even finished the pack they just annoyed me too much.



Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation BB Creme 50g 
This was an impulse buy during one of Pricelines 40% off skincare sales. At the time I was looking for something to be become my weekend makeup. Something that would give me a small amount of coverage but also a product I could just apply without having to reach for a brush or something that would be a great pre foundation moisturier. Sadly I expected too much from this product. The coverage is next to nothing  and even layered it is light coverage at best. While it hydrates it doesn't really like my combo skin and this is more evident when worn under foundation than anything else. I won't repurchase this one.



Bloom Foundation Stick in the shade Base Three 9g
If you read my project pan from last year you will know that I have had a long standing relationship with this one and while I used to love it for touch ups its never ending and I am just passed it now. I don't love it as a foundation so I wouldn't repurchase it.



Australis Matte Out Mattifying Face Base 
This worked once and I couldn't ever make it work again. Every time I use it it never seems to work out. More often then not it seems to react with my makeup causing it to separate and post use I find I am oilier than ever anywhere it was applied. 




So that ends this empties post. I hope you enjoyed reading this one as much as I have enjoyed writing it!! I love both reading and watching these types of post so if you have done an empties yourself please leave me a comment below or on my Instagram (@makeupscience) and I will check it out. Until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment